A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

DevinStoner
Beginner

Re: Heineken Champions Cup Final 2023

Post by DevinStoner »

D2 Blue wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:14 pm
Blueberry wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:45 pm
D2 Blue wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:21 pm Looks like the LAR team are staying very close to where I live in D2. They're in a hotel on the canal - I won't name the hotel but I hope the Luas doesn't disturb them. I've been meaning to test the car horn for a while. Maybe at 2.00 in the morning for a few hours!
Awfully noisy round there. Good idea on the car horn. Vital to make sure it's operational at all times. Are you due an NCT soon ? If so give it a good testing. You can never bee too careful.
Believe it or not the NCT is due next week (after booking 8 months ago)!! I agree its vital to give it a good testing. Luckily I bought the Dukes of Hazzard-type carhorn recently so it might need a good tuning.
Might be able to get some of the right wingers to protest outside. :D
Hmmm the loony left infiltrating us I see.... anyway we'd better not bottle this one or the rags will have a field day. Can't stand the thought of that smarmy git ROG with a big smirk all over his gob... don't fold like a paper cup this time boys ffs.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Twist wrote: May 19th, 2023, 10:02 pm
riocard911 wrote:Great analytics by Derek McNamara, ex-Belvo. He's crunched all the stats and is confident, that Leinster have the means to put La Rochelle away tomorrow:

https://youtu.be/Jy4iHme8-q8
Well I’m glad one of us is
:clap:
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

enby wrote: May 19th, 2023, 6:02 pm
glenageary wrote: May 19th, 2023, 5:10 pm
carlow man wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:41 pm How many lar fans will be there realistically? Hard to know between the ones who are travelling from France or the ones from Cork with lar or munster shirts on?!! I'm travelling over from the u.k. tomorrow morning and can't wait!!! COYBIB
with the Taylor fight on , I guess many hotel rooms are full and what is left are uber expensive!! jayus I just looked on Booking.com and for x1 night (Saturday) in dublin the cheapest is €215 in a Hostel and that for a bed in a 12 bed dorm. FFS Dublin has gone crazy.
That is price gouging on an appalling scale. There are few things more annoying than some creature from the hospitality lobby moaning about VAT rates on RTE at Budget time. Shameful carry on charging those extortionate prices
Im not sure what Business you’re in … but its unrealistic to think that where there is an enormous imbalance in demand V’s supply , that Hotels would charge the lowest rate. If they did , they wouldnt be in business very long. Right now , in Dublin, outside of this weekend , there is an ongoing imbalance of supply v demand . This will only get solved , when (1) the Ukraine war ends & we stop taking in refugees ( just one case in point - The Citywest hotel - the largest in the country is unavailable for sale , as its used as a reception centre

Alternatively (2) more hotels are built - quick fix this aint.

I work in the travel Business & am constantly looking fir rooms in Dublin, for incoming corporate clients, & I can tell you that in the normal course of events , for May and June , the average city centre hotel , is pricing in the region of €250-€300 per night.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

There are only a few business areas (all well connected politically) where that sort of price gouging is feasible and permitted. Price controls are common enough in the hotel industry globally and relatively easily applied.

This is an industry which recently received extraordinary state support, which puts hotels in the same bracket of outrage as banks giving bonuses after being bailed out. It might have been technically legal but we don't have to like it.

Taxpayers saved these businesses from going under, we're entitled to be angry when they forget that. Supply and demand only counts if you never took state help and they all took state help, even indirectly.

Exactly why should the VAT rate on hotel rooms be low when prices are based on war profiteering rather than cost of supply.
Plámásing
Beginner

Post by Plámásing »

Is it too much to call for a new sing along at Leinster games tomorrow. I know we are set in our ways of “c’mon you boys in blue” and “Leinsterrrr Leinsterrr” but how about Molly Malone like Lansdowne Road a’la 5 Nations early ‘90’s. Let’s sing the the Alive Alive ‘oo’oh twice on each chorus after each verse to ring in the effect of our commitment to the team. Let’s make it Leinster’s new tune. Would be great to ring in our fifth with a homage to the great city within which we play! Even if the northsiders hate it!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Eh, I'm a Nordsuyder and I don't ever remember getting the message, that I was supposed to hate Molly Malone. How could any Dub hate Molly Malone? Think someone's been spoofing you, Plámásing! :-)
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

La R are the best team in Europe. 3 Finals on the bounce. Back-to-back wins would be epic. It'll be close - real close - but I have La R by less than 6. No shame in losing to this team. The problem is, if Leinster lose, there's nothing to play for next week. 80% of the games Leinster play week on week are more or less a walkover. Cullen selected the first choice for Gloucester at home in Europe but a back up XV for a league semi. I know none of this matters if we win today but I think they got it wrong last week. I wish we had a game to play next week. Too much paranoia over injuries. Win the games that matter and deal with the injuries after the event.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Today is the most important game in the last 5 years.

This team and organisation give me so much, they give my family and friends so much. I nearly want them to win more for themselves than for me. There is a changing of the guard to some extent.

Up since 5 this morning.

C’mon you beautiful blue b$&%@#ds!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

suisse wrote: May 20th, 2023, 4:49 am La R are the best team in Europe. 3 Finals on the bounce. Back-to-back wins would be epic. It'll be close - real close - but I have La R by less than 6. No shame in losing to this team. The problem is, if Leinster lose, there's nothing to play for next week. 80% of the games Leinster play week on week are more or less a walkover. Cullen selected the first choice for Gloucester at home in Europe but a back up XV for a league semi. I know none of this matters if we win today but I think they got it wrong last week. I wish we had a game to play next week. Too much paranoia over injuries. Win the games that matter and deal with the injuries after the event.
The injury strategy worked. We're going in fully loaded minus Sexton (who pulled up in the 6N). A lot of things had to be moved around to make that happen.

We have 3 NIQ players, 2 signed for this season, and they're all available.

Luck plays a part of that but so does careful planning.

We've lost to Munster by loading up. Rotating with giving chances to hungrier players has been a winning strategy, for the most part.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

suisse wrote: May 20th, 2023, 4:49 am La R are the best team in Europe. 3 Finals on the bounce. Back-to-back wins would be epic. It'll be close - real close - but I have La R by less than 6. No shame in losing to this team. The problem is, if Leinster lose, there's nothing to play for next week. 80% of the games Leinster play week on week are more or less a walkover. Cullen selected the first choice for Gloucester at home in Europe but a back up XV for a league semi. I know none of this matters if we win today but I think they got it wrong last week. I wish we had a game to play next week. Too much paranoia over injuries. Win the games that matter and deal with the injuries after the event.
Yeah but we are the best team in the world (less Beirne, Hansen, Sexton). Thats what the rankings say. Favourites to win the World Cup by many pundits opinions. Six Nations Champions, All Black slayers.
We should wipe the floor with these lot as we should have last year.
Rugby eh?
Thanks Stuart for everything you have done for this club. You are welcome back anytime.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Plámásing wrote:Is it too much to call for a new sing along at Leinster games tomorrow. I know we are set in our ways of “c’mon you boys in blue” and “Leinsterrrr Leinsterrr” but how about Molly Malone like Lansdowne Road a’la 5 Nations early ‘90’s. Let’s sing the the Alive Alive ‘oo’oh twice on each chorus after each verse to ring in the effect of our commitment to the team. Let’s make it Leinster’s new tune. Would be great to ring in our fifth with a homage to the great city within which we play! Even if the northsiders hate it!
I propose “The Curragh of Kildare”. A fine song, about the jewel in the Leinster crown!

Anyone else struggle to sleep last night?
PeteIRL
Knowledgeable

Post by PeteIRL »

Every time Ireland have won a Grand Slam in the professional era, Leinster went on to win the Heineken/Champions Cup. Small sample size, but hope the trend continues.
Observingprop123
Mullet

Post by Observingprop123 »

Leinster by 10. Think the lads come out raring to go and perform. Think this year our bench and kicking game has improved which should give us the territory. Be intrested to see the tactics today.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

f%~king BRING IT !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I really hope Furlong can play and is able to put in a good shift. It would be a huge blow for us and a boost for LR if he is out. The scrum is an area that worries me and it goes without saying that it would be hugely compromised by an absent or less than fully fit Tadhgh.

The weather app on my phone says there will be light rain from 18.00 so building a lead could be especially important if conditions deteriorate in 2nd half.

As usual, the ref will be pivotal. If he does not penalise tacklers for not rolling away, it will be a long evening.

I wonder if their lineout might be vulnerable to an attack from Ryan or Doris? Might be worth the risk every now and then.

The battle of the 9s will be fascinating and I suspect the victor of that encounter will be on the winning side, not least because his pack will have given him quicker better ball.

We are well good enough to beat this shower with the help of a raucous home crowd. Bring it on.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Twist wrote: May 20th, 2023, 9:17 am
Plámásing wrote:Is it too much to call for a new sing along at Leinster games tomorrow. I know we are set in our ways of “c’mon you boys in blue” and “Leinsterrrr Leinsterrr” but how about Molly Malone like Lansdowne Road a’la 5 Nations early ‘90’s. Let’s sing the the Alive Alive ‘oo’oh twice on each chorus after each verse to ring in the effect of our commitment to the team. Let’s make it Leinster’s new tune. Would be great to ring in our fifth with a homage to the great city within which we play! Even if the northsiders hate it!
I propose “The Curragh of Kildare”. A fine song, about the jewel in the Leinster crown!

Anyone else struggle to sleep last night?
Yip. Took ages to nod off due to incessant thinking bout the game.
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

Definitely worth going after their lineout. Ryan is excellent at competing at stealing opposition ball. I’m sure we’ve done our homework there.

The stats bloke on OTB mentioned that 41% of the time one LAR player lifts their lineout jumper. He said it with such a gusto to suggest that’s markedly high at this level. Guessing that’s Antonio?
Observingprop123
Mullet

Post by Observingprop123 »

enby wrote: May 20th, 2023, 10:22 am I really hope Furlong can play and is able to put in a good shift. It would be a huge blow for us and a boost for LR if he is out. The scrum is an area that worries me and it goes without saying that it would be hugely compromised by an absent or less than fully fit Tadhgh.

The weather app on my phone says there will be light rain from 18.00 so building a lead could be especially important if conditions deteriorate in 2nd half.

As usual, the ref will be pivotal. If he does not penalise tacklers for not rolling away, it will be a long evening.

I wonder if their lineout might be vulnerable to an attack from Ryan or Doris? Might be worth the risk every now and then.

The battle of the 9s will be fascinating and I suspect the victor of that encounter will be on the winning side, not least because his pack will have given him quicker better ball.

We are well good enough to beat this shower with the help of a raucous home crowd. Bring it on.
As far as I can tell Furlong hasn't played a game at 100% in about 18 months. He should be grand for a big game
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Hope so
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Let’s just hope he can start and do the basics for 60 minutes