Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
Ruckedtobits
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6085
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Toulouse win Top14 quarter-final with all eight forwards replaced in second half.

Racing 92 beaten in Top14 quarter-final as they only replace seven forwards in second half.

The game has changed but the French League has made a mockery out of the fifteen-a-side game.
User avatar
nc6000
Mullet
Posts: 1797
Joined: June 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by nc6000 »

Do you mean forwards who were taken off being bought back on after a while on the bench?
User avatar
hugonaut
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6128
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by hugonaut »

Ruckedtobits wrote: June 12th, 2022, 10:58 pm Toulouse win Top14 quarter-final with all eight forwards replaced in second half.

Racing 92 beaten in Top14 quarter-final as they only replace seven forwards in second half.

The game has changed but the French League has made a mockery out of the fifteen-a-side game.
Could not agree more. The eight man bench has been in play for more than a decade and it is taken for granted, but it has changed rugby for the worse.

These are Toulouse's forward changes [alone]:

21' Cros [No6] off, Flament [No19] on
51' Mauvaka [No2] off, Marchand [No16] on
53' Baille [No1] off, Ainu'u [No17] on
58' Ri. Arnold [No5] off, Meafou [No18] on
61' Elstadt [No7] off, Tolofua [No20] on
61' Aldegheri [No3] off, Vallez [No23] on
66' Ro. Arnold [No4] off, Elstadt [No7] on
77' Mallez [No23] off, Aldeghiri [No3] on
79' Jelonch [No8] off, Mauvaka [No2] on

Literally subbed off every member of their pack in an 80 minute game.
User avatar
Oldschool
Cian Healy
Posts: 13948
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschool »

hugonaut wrote: June 13th, 2022, 10:43 am
Ruckedtobits wrote: June 12th, 2022, 10:58 pm Toulouse win Top14 quarter-final with all eight forwards replaced in second half.

Racing 92 beaten in Top14 quarter-final as they only replace seven forwards in second half.

The game has changed but the French League has made a mockery out of the fifteen-a-side game.
Could not agree more. The eight man bench has been in play for more than a decade and it is taken for granted, but it has changed rugby for the worse.

These are Toulouse's forward changes [alone]:

21' Cros [No6] off, Flament [No19] on
51' Mauvaka [No2] off, Marchand [No16] on
53' Baille [No1] off, Ainu'u [No17] on
58' Ri. Arnold [No5] off, Meafou [No18] on
61' Elstadt [No7] off, Tolofua [No20] on
61' Aldegheri [No3] off, Vallez [No23] on
66' Ro. Arnold [No4] off, Elstadt [No7] on
77' Mallez [No23] off, Aldeghiri [No3] on
79' Jelonch [No8] off, Mauvaka [No2] on

Literally subbed off every member of their pack in an 80 minute game.
There's a very simple and obvious solution to this sort of abuse.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
IanD
Official Mascot
Posts: 1687
Joined: May 2nd, 2006, 1:51 pm
Location: Wicklow Town

Re: Friday's rant

Post by IanD »

Bernie Ecclestone

RTE news : Ecclestone would 'take a bullet' for Putin

http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/2022 ... for-putin/
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner
Posts: 23912
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Dave Cahill »

Bernie is almost unique in that Putin isn't the dodgiest person he's ever met
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
John23
Enlightened
Posts: 876
Joined: January 15th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by John23 »

C19. Managed to dodge it until now. The mother of all headaches.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
User avatar
the spoofer
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3283
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 5:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Friday's rant

Post by the spoofer »

John23 wrote: June 30th, 2022, 1:41 pm C19. Managed to dodge it until now. The mother of all headaches.
Liquids and bed.
User avatar
ronk
Cian Healy
Posts: 12909
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by ronk »

IanD wrote: June 30th, 2022, 11:33 am Bernie Ecclestone

RTE news : Ecclestone would 'take a bullet' for Putin

http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/2022 ... for-putin/
Putin is in fine company https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/ ... arks_N.htm
User avatar
Twist
Mullet
Posts: 1686
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Twist »

hugonaut wrote: June 13th, 2022, 10:43 am
Ruckedtobits wrote: June 12th, 2022, 10:58 pm Toulouse win Top14 quarter-final with all eight forwards replaced in second half.

Racing 92 beaten in Top14 quarter-final as they only replace seven forwards in second half.

The game has changed but the French League has made a mockery out of the fifteen-a-side game.
Could not agree more. The eight man bench has been in play for more than a decade and it is taken for granted, but it has changed rugby for the worse.

These are Toulouse's forward changes [alone]:

21' Cros [No6] off, Flament [No19] on
51' Mauvaka [No2] off, Marchand [No16] on
53' Baille [No1] off, Ainu'u [No17] on
58' Ri. Arnold [No5] off, Meafou [No18] on
61' Elstadt [No7] off, Tolofua [No20] on
61' Aldegheri [No3] off, Vallez [No23] on
66' Ro. Arnold [No4] off, Elstadt [No7] on
77' Mallez [No23] off, Aldeghiri [No3] on
79' Jelonch [No8] off, Mauvaka [No2] on

Literally subbed off every member of their pack in an 80 minute game.
There was a good discussion about this on some podcast or other this week. The molepod, or the badgercast something ridiculous like that. I agree that the eight man bench as become a blight on the game. But as I recall it was brought in for prop safety reasons(?) I remember a few switch-hitting props were being asked to take too much risk.

But its easy to make rules allowing for that. It won't be long til we see break-glass-in-case-of-emergency type players covering the whole backline from 23 with 7 replacement forwards.
User avatar
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan
Posts: 4072
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Xanthippe »

Twist wrote: July 1st, 2022, 1:47 pm
hugonaut wrote: June 13th, 2022, 10:43 am

Could not agree more. The eight man bench has been in play for more than a decade and it is taken for granted, but it has changed rugby for the worse.

These are Toulouse's forward changes [alone]:

21' Cros [No6] off, Flament [No19] on
51' Mauvaka [No2] off, Marchand [No16] on
53' Baille [No1] off, Ainu'u [No17] on
58' Ri. Arnold [No5] off, Meafou [No18] on
61' Elstadt [No7] off, Tolofua [No20] on
61' Aldegheri [No3] off, Vallez [No23] on
66' Ro. Arnold [No4] off, Elstadt [No7] on
77' Mallez [No23] off, Aldeghiri [No3] on
79' Jelonch [No8] off, Mauvaka [No2] on

Literally subbed off every member of their pack in an 80 minute game.
There was a good discussion about this on some podcast or other this week. The molepod, or the badgercast something ridiculous like that. I agree that the eight man bench as become a blight on the game. But as I recall it was brought in for prop safety reasons(?) I remember a few switch-hitting props were being asked to take too much risk.

But its easy to make rules allowing for that. It won't be long til we see break-glass-in-case-of-emergency type players covering the whole backline from 23 with 7 replacement forwards.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
User avatar
Oldschoolsocks
Seán Cronin
Posts: 3496
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 10:36 am
Location: Stepping out of the Supernova

Re: Friday's rant

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote: July 1st, 2022, 1:47 pm
hugonaut wrote: June 13th, 2022, 10:43 am
Ruckedtobits wrote: June 12th, 2022, 10:58 pm Toulouse win Top14 quarter-final with all eight forwards replaced in second half.

Racing 92 beaten in Top14 quarter-final as they only replace seven forwards in second half.

The game has changed but the French League has made a mockery out of the fifteen-a-side game.
Could not agree more. The eight man bench has been in play for more than a decade and it is taken for granted, but it has changed rugby for the worse.

These are Toulouse's forward changes [alone]:

21' Cros [No6] off, Flament [No19] on
51' Mauvaka [No2] off, Marchand [No16] on
53' Baille [No1] off, Ainu'u [No17] on
58' Ri. Arnold [No5] off, Meafou [No18] on
61' Elstadt [No7] off, Tolofua [No20] on
61' Aldegheri [No3] off, Vallez [No23] on
66' Ro. Arnold [No4] off, Elstadt [No7] on
77' Mallez [No23] off, Aldeghiri [No3] on
79' Jelonch [No8] off, Mauvaka [No2] on

Literally subbed off every member of their pack in an 80 minute game.
There was a good discussion about this on some podcast or other this week. The molepod, or the badgercast something ridiculous like that. I agree that the eight man bench as become a blight on the game. But as I recall it was brought in for prop safety reasons(?) I remember a few switch-hitting props were being asked to take too much risk.

But its easy to make rules allowing for that. It won't be long til we see break-glass-in-case-of-emergency type players covering the whole backline from 23 with 7 replacement forwards.
I believe it was brought in to end the blight of uncontested scrums
Post Reply