Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Post by OTT »

We go again.

Hard luck boys.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Don’t buy the power argument at all. That was mental imo.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

Always saying one of the big differences between us and puff ball is we have supporters they have fans.
Time to support.
Glasgow must be sitting themselves anticipating the back lash next weekend.
Or studying the blueprint for taking us apart
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

paddyor wrote: May 28th, 2022, 7:26 pm Don’t buy the power argument at all. That was mental imo.
+1
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

riocard911 wrote: May 28th, 2022, 7:39 pm
paddyor wrote: May 28th, 2022, 7:26 pm Don’t buy the power argument at all. That was mental imo.
+1
Power was certainly a factor. But Leinster imposed themselves in the other aspects of the game. Far more issues with the backs today than the forwards. It's more a testament to how incredible and consistent he has been since his breakthrough that that was by far the pooreat I have seen Hugo Keenan play.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

odyboody wrote: May 28th, 2022, 7:31 pm Always saying one of the big differences between us and puff ball is we have supporters they have fans.
Time to support.
Glasgow must be sitting themselves anticipating the back lash next weekend.
Or studying the blueprint for taking us apart
Dragging up the football fans are cr@p thing is tired old nonsense, but I totally agree with you that there's too much criticism here. These players have worked their asses off all year, and they came up short. They're still heroes and I absolutely love this team. They're hurting ten times more than any of us. Thanks for everything you give us lads.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

paddyor wrote:Don’t buy the power argument at all. That was mental imo.
There’s a lot of mental. But heft is a big part too. Joe needs to be our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Yeah, we needed to play a very, very good game and we couldn't manage it. Between La Rochelle as opponents and the occasion, we were out of our comfort zone. Our game has a lot of moving parts, so there is more places where it can go wrong.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A 12 point favourites team has just lost a Euro final due to underperformance, nerves and errors and despite being ahead for much of the game.

I'm sure fans and particularly players are hurting.

But that's the reality.

It doesn't make anyone less of a 'fan' or 'supporter' to state the facts.

We didn't live up to the massive pre-game expectation unfortunately.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Perfect is the enemy of better.

Hard to separate the power from the mental aspect because of causality.

They got us in the kill zone and we were too tired to break out.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theres nothing wrong with critical analysis as long as its within the bounds of propriety
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:00 pm Theres nothing wrong with critical analysis as long as its within the bounds of propriety
Yep, and there's been nothing remotely close to 'improper' at all about post match reaction here anyway.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

wixfjord wrote: May 28th, 2022, 6:50 pm Please no talk of power or size.

That wasn't why we lost this game.

I think that might be our chance of Euro success gone now for a good while. This was the one to win.

Sexton retiring, Sarries back in and Saffers adding to the comp. What a shame.
They dominated the scrum and in the maul. None of our forwards made any hard yards in contact. Of course that’s to do with power. We’re missing a massive carrying six and/or lock.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Pity we saved our worst performance of the season for the most important game of the season.

Small margins as always...high "tackle" from JGP and they go into our 22 and stay there. Did we touch the ball during their YC?

We let ourselves get sucked into their plan as opposed to imposing ours on them. With our fast tempo game on -- no way Skelton would have lasted the course. Overall very nervy, poor execution, picked off at breakdown- in fact we just weren't in it.

And yet again, when we needed to alter course, we couldn't.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

wixfjord wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:08 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:00 pm Theres nothing wrong with critical analysis as long as its within the bounds of propriety
Yep, and there's been nothing remotely close to 'improper' at all about post match reaction here anyway.
You're acting like someone accused someone of being 'improper' (quotes are yours).
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Josh has won the european player of the year award
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:20 pm Josh has won the european player of the year award
Well deserved :clap:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Really didn’t think we had such a poor performance in us this time. Said it a few times recently that we coped really well with setbacks but we didn’t at all today, we looked rattled and doubled up on so many errors.

I’ve seen it mentioned that we couldn’t get our game going. I don’t think that’s quite true, not in the way it was against La Rochelle last year or Saracens before that. We were able to get go forward and create space but the accuracy of passing, pass selection, and dropped balls just killed us. They obviously got to us at the breakdown as well but that was always going to happen and we had enough good ball and attacking opportunities to overcome that for the one killer score we probably needed.

Really surprised by how nervous we looked. The handling errors were bad enough but stepping into touch when not under any pressure reminded me more of Ireland in the 2019 QF when the team was all over the place. It was like a different team to the one that beat Toulouse. In all honesty I think the scoreboard flattered us. We got out of jail with a couple of stupid La Rochelle penalties (the obstruction and the trip) but couldn’t build on that at all.

Think the coaches made a few errors as well as the players. Furlong probably justified his selection although was quiet in attack. I don’t think Lowe did though, he clearly wasn’t right and was barely involved.

Power was certainly a factor as well which brings me to another error. I think we were crying out for McCarthy to be on at least ten minutes earlier. All we were doing was soaking up the pressure and couldn’t muster the power to stop them dead or throw them back either in the tackle or at the breakdown. Molony struggled to impose himself today and McCarthy was right there waiting to add his physicality but we left it too late.

Just so frustrating because we didn’t need to get anywhere near the level of performance of the Toulouse game to win today but couldn’t manage it.

Well done to La Rochelle anyway, the odds were stacked against them but they fought for everything and kept their composure brilliantly at the end, well deserved.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Obviously everyone worked their socks off but just while I think of it, special mention to Ringrose and Sheehan. At times it felt like there were two of them with how often they popped up all over the pitch both in attack and defence. JGP had some huge defensive moments too.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:32 pm Obviously everyone worked their socks off but just while I think of it, special mention to Ringrose and Sheehan. At times it felt like there were two of them with how often they popped up all over the pitch both in attack and defence. JGP had some huge defensive moments too.
I'd agree 100% with this, they were outstanding.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan