Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The quality of our low tackling, last week and today has been excellent. However, as we fatigued, both weeks 3rd quarter, we presented a higher profile and were knocked backwards regularly although we usually grounded our opponent. Low, head-on tackling requires courage, technique and practise. I'd say Dev has been the subject of lots of those in the last three weeks.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

In the presser a few minutes ago Leo seemed quite confident, that Kelleher, after following the HIA protocols, should be good to go in Marseille and that the injuries to Furlong and Lowe aren't too serious.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

What an outstanding performance from a brilliant team. Nobody played badly and errors were few. JS10 was regal, a once in a lifetime player. Furlong's passing was of the very highest quality and Moloney stepped up with some smashing passes. The 2 lads in the centre were so dangerous in attack and Keenan had his usual error free 80 mins. Lowe's howitzer left foot is such an asset at exit time. Conan cleaned up a lot of dodgy ball on our scrums although he didn't have his best match.
Restarts continue to be an issue and hopefully JGP will learn from his unwise grubber that resulted in Dupont's try.
If we play like that in the Final the 5th star will be on our jersey
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

riocard911 wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:45 pm In the presser a few minutes ago Leo seemed quite confident, that Kelleher, after following the HIA protocols, should be good to go in Marseille and that the injuries to Furlong and Lowe aren't too serious.
I hope so with Tadgh. He looked very uncomfortable both trying to 'hop it off' and when being assisted off. Hopefully not a recurrence of his calf injury 'cos that was a long recovery.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

the spoofer wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:28 am
chrismcc wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:24 am
the spoofer wrote: May 14th, 2022, 7:59 am Love this “Leinster supporters don’t have to travel” schtick. Bunch of us getting the train at 10.
Good point, if you are in athy it's as easy to get to a munster game as a leinster game apparently :wink:
It’s as easy for me to get to a Connacht game. And sure the Boyne lads all support Munster per Niall Ronan!!!
Takes us typically 90 mins total every game each way; drive then train from Maynooth. Today drove up from Wexford (down for the weekend but couldnt miss this; boy was it worth it)
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

the spoofer wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:28 am
chrismcc wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:24 am
the spoofer wrote: May 14th, 2022, 7:59 am Love this “Leinster supporters don’t have to travel” schtick. Bunch of us getting the train at 10.
Good point, if you are in athy it's as easy to get to a munster game as a leinster game apparently :wink:
It’s as easy for me to get to a Connacht game. And sure the Boyne lads all support Munster per Niall Ronan!!!
Takes us typically 90 mins total every game each way; drive then train from Maynooth. Today drove up from Wexford (down for the weekend but couldnt miss this; boy was it worth it)
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Superb performance. Toulouse didn’t give use anything easy other than dropping the ball a few times in the face of big hits.

I particularly liked the pursuit from kicks. Great pressure with containment. Worth plenty of territory. Restarts were rubbish though.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

desperado wrote: May 14th, 2022, 7:14 pm
riocard911 wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:45 pm In the presser a few minutes ago Leo seemed quite confident, that Kelleher, after following the HIA protocols, should be good to go in Marseille and that the injuries to Furlong and Lowe aren't too serious.
I hope so with Tadgh. He looked very uncomfortable both trying to 'hop it off' and when being assisted off. Hopefully not a recurrence of his calf injury 'cos that was a long recovery.
If I remember correctly, Leo referred to a light ankle injury, that Furlong had taken into the game and that had become exacerbated. He also made a joke, that Tadhg was hopping around in the dressing without much of a bother on him, which sounded pretty positive.
Joeman
Beginner

Post by Joeman »

What a great performance and atmosphere to match. Best for many years.

Narrative all week was how tired Toulouse would be. Often it turns out not to be the case but today it certainly was. I deliberately watched their warm up and it was certainly a lot lower tempo than the usual Leinster one. Leinster were always going to come out of the traps on this one just like last week and so it proved. Hopefully we'll get a huge support out to Marseille!
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

At Dublin Airport going back and the toulouse squad are here heading home. A few nods and friendly smiles. Class act.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Brilliant performance. Positive rugby at its very best.
Big Mike put in a big shift and carried well when needed but he let them in for their last try, talking to the touch judge instead of tackling the man with the ball, tut tut Mike, deserves a kick up the hole for that, but he was great otherwise wasn't he.
King Johnny.
Ross Molony, he has arrived. Great lineout steal which I think ended up as Lowes 2nd try.
Conan, I thought, had his best game for a while, especially in the 2nd half.
All in all, just a magnificent spectacle.
Last edited by blockhead on May 14th, 2022, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Yeah big Mike won’t make that mistake again after debrief with stu on Monday 😂
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

BT2 showing extended highlights from 22:15 for anyone at the match that didn't/couldn't record it.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Fabulous performance, 8s and 9s across the board. Ridiculously good. Enjoy these times, it won't always be like this!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Totally ooftopic but watching Toulon sarries and Toulon are looking very dangerous. Could be a threat next season
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Does that put us 7-6 up in the head-to-head v Toulouse?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

blockhead wrote: May 14th, 2022, 9:56 pm Does that put us 7-6 up in the head-to-head v Toulouse?
yes
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Josh VdF is past Gleeson and Jennings and is up with Slattery and SOB as the best opensides to ever wear the blue jersey.
Just everywhere today
JS 10... Machiavelli pulling the strings
Peerless.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

bronxbull wrote: May 14th, 2022, 10:06 pm Josh VdF is past Gleeson and Jennings and is up with Slattery and SOB as the best opensides to ever wear the blue jersey.
Just everywhere today
JS 10... Machiavelli pulling the strings
Peerless.
Cardinal Richelieuesque even!!! 😉
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I didn't have a great angle on it so can somebody tell me if JOB should've backed himself and gone for the corner in 2nd half or was he right to step back in and seek support. I thought he should've gone for it. I'd be interested to hear a more informed view