Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Toulouse HC SF Sat 14th May 3:00pm

Post by wixfjord »

Looks like Larmour will be available anyway:

glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Delibes (ankle), germain (knees), Medard (concussion + Thigh) uncertain, according to Toulouse fans forum
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Medard looked like he was definitely out anyway.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

glenageary wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:58 pm Delibes (ankle), germain (knees), Medard (concussion + Thigh) uncertain, according to Toulouse fans forum
Damn… I was hoping Medford would be playing :D
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

alanair wrote: May 9th, 2022, 6:51 pm
glenageary wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:58 pm Delibes (ankle), germain (knees), Medard (concussion + Thigh) uncertain, according to Toulouse fans forum
Damn… I was hoping Medford would be playing :D
***Medard
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

They’re down quite a few players in the 3/4s. I expect we’ll look to go wide early and move their enormous pack around so there might be weaknesses in the 3/4s to go after
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

33,000 tickets sold on Monday, according to the Leinster Rugby Fans Forum on FB. Here's hoping for a full house.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

riocard911 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 11:47 pm 33,000 tickets sold on Monday, according to the Leinster Rugby Fans Forum on FB. Here's hoping for a full house.
Thats an impressive number.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

A big chunk of the conversation over on boards.ie at the moment is about whether or not Doris is a top class player. I would have him as the second best back row in the country behind VDF but apparently boards thinks otherwise
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

bluemagic wrote: May 10th, 2022, 7:22 am A big chunk of the conversation over on boards.ie at the moment is about whether or not Doris is a top class player. I would have him as the second best back row in the country behind VDF but apparently boards thinks otherwise
I think it’s fair to say neither he nor Conan are currently hitting their previous heights. I’m not fully sure why Doris is on the player of the year shortlist. I can think of other backrows in Ireland (and even in Leinster) who are in better and more consistent form.

That said, Stuart Barnes thinks JGP is the best 9 in the northern hemisphere and, despite being one of his longest serving fans, I don’t think even I would claim that. People have different opinions and social media promotes the more extreme.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I think Doris is absolute class, I always think the negative chat about him is people trying to get one of their favourites in ahead of him. We had it on here in the past when certain posters wanted Deegan in ahead of him now we have it with Ireland where certain teams fans want POM/Coombes/JOD/Hodnett/Kendellan in no particular order getting into the Irish back row.

Infairness it’s not a unique discussion to him, the same happens with Josh, Jack, Rhys and whoever else gets in like Connors. All great players fighting for 3 positions I suppose it’s human nature. If Leavy was still around at his best you might have a situation where Josh wouldn’t be in the team and that idea seems far fetched now. Good complaints.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

OTT wrote: May 10th, 2022, 7:56 am I think Doris is absolute class, I always think the negative chat about him is people trying to get one of their favourites in ahead of him. We had it on here in the past when certain posters wanted Deegan in ahead of him now we have it with Ireland where certain teams fans want POM/Coombes/JOD/Hodnett/Kendellan in no particular order getting into the Irish back row.

Infairness it’s not a unique discussion to him, the same happens with Josh, Jack, Rhys and whoever else gets in like Connors. All great players fighting for 3 positions I suppose it’s human nature. If Leavy was still around at his best you might have a situation where Josh wouldn’t be in the team and that idea seems far fetched now. Good complaints.
I think there is no doubt that Doris is a "top class player", so that discussion is silly. He should have been on the Lions tour and may have been a test player.
I also think that form should not be ignored: it's good for neither the underperforming player, the players in form, the wider squad and the general public perception.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Doris is a quality player, but he does he have a bad habit of losing the ball in contact a bit too often.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

OTT wrote: May 10th, 2022, 7:56 am I think Doris is absolute class, I always think the negative chat about him is people trying to get one of their favourites in ahead of him. We had it on here in the past when certain posters wanted Deegan in ahead of him now we have it with Ireland where certain teams fans want POM/Coombes/JOD/Hodnett/Kendellan in no particular order getting into the Irish back row.

The backrow in Ireland is hotly contested, ye didn't even mention Beirne in that post and up north ye have whats his face, ex Leinster arggh.
One thing is consistent though, some players a regularly not picked for the national team and some are almost always picked when available. I think the Faz and his predecessor and indeed Plumber know what they are doing.
Re Doris he is still young and I expect he will iron out those little issues he has, he'll have to, or hes out.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Just for the record, boards isn’t a place where there is some sort of singular group think on every matter. A few people are calling Doris poor, even more are calling that out as nonsense and a couple are calling out that while he’s very good he has developed a tendency for losing the ball in contact and in offload attempts. The latter is a fair point. You can pretty much guarantee at least one ball lost in contact per game. So his ball protection in that area needs to be a bit better.

Those saying he’s a poor player are a few of those mountain out of molehill types so I wouldn’t be paying any heed there.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

curates_egg wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:13 am

I think there is no doubt that Doris is a "top class player", so that discussion is silly. He should have been on the Lions tour and may have been a test player.
I also think that form should not be ignored: it's good for neither the underperforming player, the players in form, the wider squad and the general public perception.
Is it cakeism? :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Doris is not in bad form.

That's total hyperbole.

Watch the first 20 minutes last weekend and have a look at his efforts.

He was our top carrier, our top forward metre maker and 7 tackles.

Jack meanwhile is down for 18 metres from 6 carries and 1 tackle across 71 minutes. We really need him to step up his game or to give Rhys the blindside role.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Does anyone have a spare ticket in BLK 122 (in or near row AA 26-28)?
Got one ticket too few and my dad would like to join.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

curates_egg wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:40 am Does anyone have a spare ticket in BLK 122 (in or near row AA 26-28)?
Got one ticket too few and my dad would like to join.
Call the branch ticket office, they are generally very helpful about these things.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

30k tickets sold as of this morning.