Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 1:20 pm https://rugbylad.ie/irish-province-keen ... crusaders/

Now that would be a great signing for Munster.
It would add some real grit to the team.
First a drugs cheat and now a racist.

He'd certainly wear the jersey with 'pride and honesty' alright.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

wixfjord wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 1:39 pm
munster#1 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 1:20 pm https://rugbylad.ie/irish-province-keen ... crusaders/

The latter was a long long time ago. People can learn the err of their ways and grow. I don't think I would have given a good or even fair account of myself if social media existed back then.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Peg Leg wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:22 pm

The latter was a long long time ago. People can learn the err of their ways and grow. I don't think I would have given a good or even fair account of myself if social media existed back then.
Did you ever say you wanted to 'go out in a car and tread over blacks' or call a black maid a 'primate' back in the day Peg Leg?

Cos Pablo Matera did.

There's a big difference between saying something stupid on social media and outright racism.

I don't disagree that Matera can't change his ways.

But personally I wouldn't want that sort of shite at an Irish province.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:29 pm

Did you ever say you wanted to 'go out in a car and tread over blacks' or call a black maid a 'primate' back in the day Peg Leg?

Cos Pablo Matera did.

There's a big difference between saying something stupid on social media and outright racism.

Didn't we have that South African lad who called an opposition player a monkey? if I remember correctly he didn't;t last
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Cos Pablo Matera did.

Nope but I wasn't raised by racists in Argentina.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Agent adding more to materas next contract. Super player but pretty vile comments in the past.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:56 pm

Cos Pablo Matera did.

Didn't we have that South African lad who called an opposition player a monkey? if I remember correctly he didn't;t last
No we didn't.

We had two former Sharks players who used an old Sharks 'keyword' to signal to each other that the prop (Heinke van der Merwe) should move aside slightly when setting the scrum to allow the lock (steven Sykes) to get through to (and possibly punch) the opposition prop who was 'boring in' - this was confirmed to both Leinster and Saints at the time by Tendai Mtawarira.

All the same doesn't that just show how mud sticks!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote: May 4th, 2021, 6:19 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:56 pm

Cos Pablo Matera did.

No we didn't.

We had two former Sharks players who used an old Sharks 'keyword' to signal to each other that the prop (Heinke van der Merwe) should move aside slightly when setting the scrum to allow the lock (steven Sykes) to get through to (and possibly punch) the opposition prop who was 'boring in' - this was confirmed to both Leinster and Saints at the time by Tendai Mtawarira.

All the same doesn't that just show how mud sticks!!!
Yeah, that’s it. That incident never sat well with me
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

He's addressed the comments he made. They are a non-event for me.

He would be a brilliant signing for Munster. Give them the raw power they have lacked for so long.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Somebody mentioned before the Pro14 final how surprised they were to see Kilcoyne selected after he was subbed off after 20 mins for a bad bang on the head against England the previous weekend. Here it is, from the horse's mouth:

"I was getting a bit of form and then I got sparked out against England ... I was gutted the way it finished for me personally ... it was short-lived. I couldn’t get too down about it, we played a PRO14 final the following week and then you’ve Toulouse after that, so you don’t have time for licking your wounds ... As I alluded to, I was disappointed the way it finished, getting knocked out, but that’s rugby for you. It’s a physical sport."
[source: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 82139.html ]

This seems to me to be all sorts of wrong.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

hugonaut wrote: May 6th, 2021, 11:42 am Somebody mentioned before the Pro14 final how surprised they were to see Kilcoyne selected after he was subbed off after 20 mins for a bad bang on the head against England the previous weekend. Here it is, from the horse's mouth:

"I was getting a bit of form and then I got sparked out against England ... I was gutted the way it finished for me personally ... it was short-lived. I couldn’t get too down about it, we played a PRO14 final the following week and then you’ve Toulouse after that, so you don’t have time for licking your wounds ... As I alluded to, I was disappointed the way it finished, getting knocked out, but that’s rugby for you. It’s a physical sport."
[source: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 82139.html ]

This seems to me to be all sorts of wrong.
Yeah that's disappointing alright. I think clubs need to be leading the way on this with their own players. - "Yeah, we know we have a big game this week but we're not going to play xyz because he took a nasty bang in the last game. Players health is more important to us".

Until clubs start doing and saying stuff like this about their own players the rest of the stuff is just window dressing.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That's not surprising and as I said a few weeks ago, if he was able to pass the RTP protocols then they aren't fit for purpose.

Munster picking JJ and John Ryan for the game this weekend, it's like they don't actually want to improve.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Munster giving Ulster a bit of a beating even before Will Addison's red card just before half-time. Could get very ugly for Ulster in the second half.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

cormac wrote: May 7th, 2021, 9:05 pm Munster giving Ulster a bit of a beating even before Will Addison's red card just before half-time. Could get very ugly for Ulster in the second half.
Ulster haven't really turned up the. Look half interested.
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Rainbow Cup is Munsters to lose at this point. Ulster and Leinster were the main teams they were worried about. The Scots and best Welsh sides have taken derby points from each other. Leinster still have Connacht and Ulster. In the non derby games they may be in position to lose to get their opponent in the final.

It's a short tournament and they can skip development for 2 months with silver to be gained
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

ronk wrote: May 8th, 2021, 2:15 pm Rainbow Cup is Munsters to lose at this point. Ulster and Leinster were the main teams they were worried about. The Scots and best Welsh sides have taken derby points from each other. Leinster still have Connacht and Ulster. In the non derby games they may be in position to lose to get their opponent in the final.

It's a short tournament and they can skip development for 2 months with silver to be gained
But what colour Star will go on the Jersey?? ⭐✴️✳️
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Looking forward to tomorrow evenings match, although I will be unable to watch it live.

Connacht will provide a very stern test. Having experienced an embarrassing defeat at the hands of Leinster last week, they will be set to avenge this loss, and keep their Rainbow cup hopes alive.

Munster are on the crest of the wave, and could be ripe for the taking if they underestimate the potential backlash coming their way.

For me, I would go with a mix of experience in the starting team.
My team would be:
Killer
KOB
Salanoa
Wycherley
Ahern
Beirne
POM
Coombes
Casey
Healy
Daly
Scannell
DeAllende
Earls
Haley

Rep: Laughman, Scannell, Ryan, Kleyn, Stander, Murray, Joey.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Well, Munster have went fairly strong for this one, not full strength, but not too far off.

On paper Munster should win this, but games are not won on paper.

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Andrew Conway, Dan Goggin, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; Ben Healy, Craig Casey; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Gavin Coombes, Peter O'Mahony (CAPT), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Tadhg Beirne, Jack O'Donoghue, Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Keith Earls.

Connacht: John Porch, Sammy Arnold, Sean O’Brien, Tom Daly (CAPT), Alex Wootton,Conor Fitzgerald, Kieran Marmion, Paddy McAllister, Shane Delahunt, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Niall Murray, Ultan Dillane, Cian Prendergast, Conor Oliver,Abraham Papali’i.

Replacements: Dave Heffernan, Denis Buckley, Finlay Bealham, Eoghan Masterson, Sean Masterson, Caolin Blade, Jack Carty, Peter Sullivan.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I know Munster want to win this comp but the tighthead selection is a shambles.Fast forward to the european knockouts next year and they’ll come up short again because of a lightweight front five and this golden opportunity to develop Knox and/or Salanoa will have been wasted.

Can’t see the logic in picking JJ last weekend but then not having him involved at all today.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Decent first half. Connacht creating some good opportunities and exploiting some defensive frailties in the Munster backline. Would expect Munster's power to be decisive in the second half.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish