Tell me what audiobooks to listen to

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Tell me what audiobooks to listen to

Post by Twist »

Now that we have to avoid all the rugby podcasts for the next.........year at least, what should I be using to drown out the sounds of my friends and family chewing?

Sci-fi, comedy & history preferred
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Tell me what audiobooks to listen to

Post by Logorrhea »

World War Z (great cast and good production) and The Martian (RC Bray is brilliant for this kind of book) are brilliant in audio book formats.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Both of the Alan Partridge ones.

Although you do need to be a fan to enjoy them, lots of references that won’t be funny otherwise.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Both of the Alan Partridge ones.

Although you do need to be a fan to enjoy them, lots of references that won’t be funny otherwise.
I’ve read both so often I nearly know them by heart!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Logorrhea wrote:World War Z (great cast and good production) and The Martian (RC Bray is brilliant for this kind of book) are brilliant in audio book formats.
Just downloaded it there now. It’s narrated by Wesley Crusher though, the RC Bray version isn’t on Audible unfortunately
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

if you like true crime The Westies by T J English is very good as is No Handcuffs by Eddie Richardson

Comedy wise the box set of porridge is on there that is terrific and I liked John Bishops first book on there

If you like historical drama the Bernard cornwell heretic vagabond and harlequin trilogy is good

Not classic scfi but David Gemell jonn shannow series is a good easy listen , plenty of action in it