Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Champions Cup 1/4 Final: Exeter V Leinster

Post by deco »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 13th, 2021, 5:16 pm https://totalrugbyanalysis.com/analysis ... is-tactics

decent article
👍 It is, thanks.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

One thing I thought we didn't do well in this match was dealing with Exeter kicks on restarts. On a couple of occasions Rhys Ruddock went up to catch the ball and ended up landing very heavily. More attention and care needs to be accorded the catcher or we could have one of our lads in a Sneyman situation, which would not be good for the club or the individual involved.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

riocard911 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:34 am One thing I thought we didn't do well in this match was dealing with Exeter kicks on restarts. On a couple of occasions Rhys Ruddock went up to catch the ball and ended up landing very heavily. More attention and care needs to be accorded the catcher or we could have one of our lads in a Sneyman situation, which would not be good for the club or the individual involved.
I agree the last kick he got well let down by his lifters and that could have been a season ending shoulder injury but for the guy being such a beast
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I watched it again last night and couldn't believe how poor we were for that first try. We got a rumble on in the scrum so Josh got stuck into that to get the penalty or win it against the head so when Simmonds picked it up Josh was still stuck at the side of the scrum. Johnny came up but neither of the centres came with him and were just static and at the mercy of the Exeter midfield. Then two shocking missed tackles from Hugo and Sexton. There were other mistakes too but they were the big ones, really astonishingly poor for a team of our quality and considering the performance that followed for most of the game.

I'd also forgotten how good Ruddock did to break out of our 22 at one stage when we had advantage for a knock and there were some dodgy passes being flung around. It didn't matter in the end but it was just a great bit of play from a guy at the top of his game.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:51 pm I watched it again last night and couldn't believe how poor we were for that first try. We got a rumble on in the scrum so Josh got stuck into that to get the penalty or win it against the head so when Simmonds picked it up Josh was still stuck at the side of the scrum. Johnny came up but neither of the centres came with him and were just static and at the mercy of the Exeter midfield. Then two shocking missed tackles from Hugo and Sexton. There were other mistakes too but they were the big ones, really astonishingly poor for a team of our quality and considering the performance that followed for most of the game.

I'd also forgotten how good Ruddock did to break out of our 22 at one stage when we had advantage for a knock and there were some dodgy passes being flung around. It didn't matter in the end but it was just a great bit of play from a guy at the top of his game.
Yeah that was a great run. Our defence of their 5 yard Line out is hard to watch also
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

The full game has gone up on YouTube.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:51 pm I watched it again last night and couldn't believe how poor we were for that first try. We got a rumble on in the scrum so Josh got stuck into that to get the penalty or win it against the head so when Simmonds picked it up Josh was still stuck at the side of the scrum. Johnny came up but neither of the centres came with him and were just static and at the mercy of the Exeter midfield. Then two shocking missed tackles from Hugo and Sexton. There were other mistakes too but they were the big ones, really astonishingly poor for a team of our quality and considering the performance that followed for most of the game.

When I rewatched it I could only think of the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:03 am The full game has gone up on YouTube.
link?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:26 am
riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:03 am The full game has gone up on YouTube.
link?
Seo duit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFOZ2FvWJf4&t=5s
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:24 am
link?
Gone now.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:37 am

link?
Gone now.
Link working grand for me. Just checked.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Gone now.
says it geo blocked to me.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 16th, 2021, 12:53 pm
Gone now.
I'm in Germany. Maybe that explains things. If you've Firefox, you can use a plug-in called Stealthy to trick the geoblocker by hiding you behind a foreign IP address. Could be worth a try.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

La Rochelle team to play Lyon tomorrow night has a lot of rotatiion.

LE XV DE DÉPART - Priso, Bourgarit, Atonio, Lavault, Tanguy, Liebenberg, Boudehent, Vito (cap), Kerr-Barlow, West, Leyds, Aguillon, Doumayrou, Favre, Dulin

LE BANC - Bosch, Wardi, Skelton, Gourdon, Le Bail, Rhule, Sweetnam, Joly

Clearly their side is built around a few key pillars at 2/8/9/10/15.

Bourgarit is an absolutely cracking player. Him up against Kelleher will be interesting.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah Ronan, it's all about Lyon for me! Yup. Course it is!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:54 pm I'm in Germany. Maybe that explains things. If you've Firefox, you can use a plug-in called Stealthy to trick the geoblocker by hiding you behind a foreign IP address. Could be worth a try.
Yeah works for me from Sweden. Non traditional region where rights have not been sold and you'll be fine.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

wixfjord wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:22 pm La Rochelle team to play Lyon tomorrow night has a lot of rotatiion.

LE XV DE DÉPART - Priso, Bourgarit, Atonio, Lavault, Tanguy, Liebenberg, Boudehent, Vito (cap), Kerr-Barlow, West, Leyds, Aguillon, Doumayrou, Favre, Dulin

LE BANC - Bosch, Wardi, Skelton, Gourdon, Le Bail, Rhule, Sweetnam, Joly

Clearly their side is built around a few key pillars at 2/8/9/10/15.

Bourgarit is an absolutely cracking player. Him up against Kelleher will be interesting.
A couple of calls made here because of JIFF requirements. Good to see Sweetnam get a bench spot.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:54 pm

I'm in Germany. Maybe that explains things. If you've Firefox, you can use a plug-in called Stealthy to trick the geoblocker by hiding you behind a foreign IP address. Could be worth a try.
Fair play riocard. Stealthy worked real well.
I'm down with the kids.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote: April 17th, 2021, 9:28 pm
riocard911 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Fair play riocard. Stealthy worked real well.
I'm down with the kids.
Spread the love!!! 8) 8) 8)