Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:52 pm anyway.. to summarize he said once Snyman and Jenkins were in their front 5, Leinster's power advantage wouldnt be so great and Munster would more than capable of beating Leinster.
He's an unapolagetic Munster fan, nought wrong with that. Fan is short for Fanatic, we're not logical or reasonable. We see monsters on the other side. And we dream of what might have been and what might be around the corner.

Still though, Synam will be a divil in the line out.

As for TOD. Another career blighted by injuries.
He was big and very fast, with a bit of luck he could have been a bit of a star.
Alas, he had little luck tbh.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

TRK is a Munster fan site and to be fair that’s solely now (imo) it’s target market. It used to have good rugby analysis but now it has decided it pays better to just indulge its patrons. No problem. What is a bit gauling is that he does a bit of a fake cry and does his own version of #metoo when anyone takes a pop back at him when results go wrong for Munster as they inevitably do. Munster’s own Joey Carbery/Dermot’s/ Josh van der Flier is South African blah blah blah etc etc all designed to give his audience a chuckle and designed to piss a group of people off...no their not...yes they f%~king are. His little cronies/experts on everything come in and bash anyone who decides to joke back or engage him as is now generally the case with social media the people pretending to be bullied are the ones who have the cheerleaders burying anyone with a different POV. It’s like Zebo who puts sh!t up on his Twitter designed to be spiky and gets upset when he gets the reaction he was looking for.

Recently after the Munster v Leinster game he (TRK) was apparently getting a very high volume of abusive emails/pm’s off a very large minority of Leinster fans. A very large minority? 50k in the AVIVA so maybe 15k? 10k? Or is it the RDS? So 5k or 6k? I wonder would it be less sensational if he actually said he got 5 emails (or 6 or 7 or whatever the number was) which were slagging him as opposed to saying he is targeted by a large minority, sensationalist bullshit if ever I heard it. He should get on to the Gardaí if he really feels threatened by this very vocal and large minority. One of the games last season dementedmole left him a nice message “just another loss for the Bad Guys” nice and succinct bit of banter and he got all pissy about it, like ffs it’s the game he’s playing.

I don’t have a Twitter account I wouldn’t like the personal nature of it so I just look up accounts I like to read or amuse myself on but I’m old enough to know what goes around comes around, he seems to be living in denial on this point.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Now that I agree with OTT.

I do think TRK brings it on himself a bit and cries wolf at times also.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nik_Simon88/ ... 4182125571

Zebo waddling back to Munster apparently. He obviously turned down our 5 mil a year offer.
Last edited by CiaranIrl on April 14th, 2021, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

:lol:
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:45 am Zeno ...
...The Warrior Princess?
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Brilliant news. For some reason he is not rated by some on here, but the man is a great player in mine and most other opinions.

He is still the top try scorer for Munster, and is one of the top try scorers in HC history, and may well finish his career as the top try scorer.

He is a top class signing for Munster and provides cover across the back 3.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If Munster can get Zebo fit then he will be super signing - he has massive buckets of talent and no weakness whatsoever in his game. Except two. He goes woolgathering a lot during games, and he is the double digit Marty Moore in terms of fitness and conditioning.
I have Bumbleflex
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

munster#1 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:54 am Brilliant news. For some reason he is not rated by some on here, but the man is a great player in mine and most other opinions.

He is still the top try scorer for Munster, and is one of the top try scorers in HC history, and may well finish his career as the top try scorer.

I think he's made it pretty clear that he hated us long before we had any opinion whatsoever about him.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

his record against leinster might be worse than Standers, which is impressive.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:54 am Brilliant news. For some reason he is not rated by some on here, but the man is a great player in mine and most other opinions.
It's not that he's not rated - I think everyone acknowledges that Zebo in form is pretty special. I think what people on here don't rate is the rating of him at times when he is obviously not puttin the effort in - whether his fitness or, as Dave said, when he goes absent. It's the uncritical approach to him that people don't rate. But he still has a lot to give - and who knows, coming back to Munster might just give him the impetus to sort out his conditioning and to be a leader for the young lads
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ah well, Keenan did have a good run at 15 I suppose. And the podcasts now have their narrative well and truely filled.
But was he first choice for JVG before he left. On the bench v Racing, played in the semi v Leinster but had an appalling game.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

It's fine for me that he's coming back but it does make a bit of a nonsense of the stuff spoken by JVG about the guys they let go and the whole 'we would have liked to offer them a contract, but there was no money' craic.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 14th, 2021, 12:28 pm It's fine for me that he's coming back but it does make a bit of a nonsense of the stuff spoken by JVG about the guys they let go and the whole 'we would have liked to offer them a contract, but there was no money' craic.
Are you telling me the gushing for Sweeeeeeeets wasn’t genuine?

Zebo is obviously coming back to Munster because he loves the freedom of the JVG style, Offload City to be fair. He was just finding the Racing game plan to restrictive. I think that’s how the story usually goes.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I’m delighted he’s back. He uses up a squad place that might have been filled by a decent player.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

More good news with Ian Costello being announced as Academy manager.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

the spoofer wrote: April 14th, 2021, 12:44 pm I’m delighted he’s back. He uses up a squad place that might have been filled by a decent player.
Not a fan of Zebo then?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That's a great signing for Munster imo. Seemingly co-funded with IRFU too.

Not sure he's 100% needed, but if he's motivated he'll definitely add to the 23.

I do wonder is it an addition in the wrong place though? Surely other parts of the squad need improving first you'd think?
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I'd rather they kept their cash and spent it on a pedigree front row player. I think it would make a lot bigger difference than Zebo coming back.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Munster Rugby and the IRFU are pleased to announce that Simon Zebo has signed a one-year contract to return to play with the province for the 2021/22 season.
This co-funded contract will see Munster’s all-time record try-scorer return from Racing 92 and line out for his home club where he made 144 appearances and scored 60 tries between 2010 and 2018.

In his third season with the Top 14 side, the 31-year-old has played 55 times and scored 21 tries to date.

Head Coach Johann van Graan said, “The opportunity to bring Simon back to Munster came about in early April following a final review of our squad’s budgetary position for season-end and with assistance from the IRFU to support what we believe is a really good deal for Munster and Irish Rugby.

“Simon’s desire to return to Ireland and play with his home club is illustrated by his willingness to sign at a level below his market value elsewhere. This has made bringing the province’s all-time leading try-scorer back home, possible.”

Simon Zebo said, “I am thrilled and honoured to be coming back home to play for Munster. My family and I have been so lucky to have enjoyed three incredible years with Racing 92 in Paris and I cannot thank the team there enough, I really have made friends for life and take with me some brilliant memories.

“However, as everyone knows, Munster holds a very special place in my heart and I’ve always said that I wanted to play for them and potentially Ireland again, so when this opportunity arose the lure of being close to home, family and friends and Munster fans, it outweighed all other options. I cannot wait to get back to the HPC with the team and hopefully a packed Thomond Park.”