Heineken Cup 2020/21

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Heineken Cup 2020/21

Post by blockhead »

Lowry try. Anyone see it? Holy cow!
I tell ya, Stockdale, Baloucoune, Lowry, Hume, McCloskey, Sexton. Ullster have a very exciting young backline, could dominate Irish selections for years to come.
Woluld make sense for everyone if one or two of them came down here. In the national interest of course.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Ulster have a good chance at winning the challenge cup
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Yeah they’re in with a big chance now but they’re on the road again in the QF

Bath v. London Irish
Leicester v. Newcastle
Montpellier v. Benetton
Northampton v. Ulster
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

A great demonstration of the importance of a very good maul. If Munster & Connacht were as competent in this aspect of the game both of them might still be in their respective competitions. Certainly Ulster were up against a pick-up collection with no team experience but the technical quality of their set-piece and maul gave their backs some room to show their pace and passing talents.

Also a good reminder to the Leinster Coaches to spend a little time dismantling mauls over the next few days as Exeter will definitely try to emulate Ulster's mauling display.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Wow - reading tonight that there was a suspected COVID case in the Wasps squad on Friday with one player being isolated. EPCR were notified and following discussions the match was finally given the go ahead about one hour before kick off. The player then tested negative today however, considering the situation with Toulon, this is not a good look for EPCR!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote: April 5th, 2021, 12:44 am Wow - reading tonight that there was a suspected COVID case in the Wasps squad on Friday with one player being isolated. EPCR were notified and following discussions the match was finally given the go ahead about one hour before kick off. The player then tested negative today however, considering the situation with Toulon, this is not a good look for EPCR!
so...

there's at least C differences here
1: player apparently(?) tested negative
2: I don't know the player was so don't know their position and who or how may close contact there amy or may not have been
C: the match took place in the UK, so the official UK medical advice (which is no-one actually gives an actual f%~k? was probably followed
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

blockhead wrote: April 4th, 2021, 9:45 pm Lowry try. Anyone see it? Holy cow!
I tell ya, Stockdale, Baloucoune, Lowry, Hume, McCloskey, Sexton. Ullster have a very exciting young backline, could dominate Irish selections for years to come.
Woluld make sense for everyone if one or two of them came down here. In the national interest of course.
I think Stewart Moore is an excellent young player too. Ulster should be winning / making the final of the Challenge Cup, they've got a great squad. They've got some decent premiership clubs left but I think they can win it.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Xanthippe wrote: April 5th, 2021, 12:44 am Wow - reading tonight that there was a suspected COVID case in the Wasps squad on Friday with one player being isolated. EPCR were notified and following discussions the match was finally given the go ahead about one hour before kick off. The player then tested negative today however, considering the situation with Toulon, this is not a good look for EPCR!
I don’t see how it’s in anyway similar, unless I’m reading you wrong it looks like somebody thought the had covid but turned out they didn’t. In the Toulon game somebody actually had covid and close contacts.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Sale demolished the scarlets , their pack was excellent some big saffer units in there, they will give la Rochelle a tough match
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

JB1973 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:50 am Sale demolished the scarlets , their pack was excellent some big saffer units in there, they will give la Rochelle a tough match
That was the best I have seen Sale play in many, many years - like 15 years or so. They took off from the opening whistle like a rocket. The Scarlets didn't look they were ready for that sort of intensity at all.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

hugonaut wrote: April 6th, 2021, 12:20 pm
JB1973 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:50 am Sale demolished the scarlets , their pack was excellent some big saffer units in there, they will give la Rochelle a tough match
That was the best I have seen Sale play in many, many years - like 15 years or so. They took off from the opening whistle like a rocket. The Scarlets didn't look they were ready for that sort of intensity at all.
Probably down to good coaching from Sanderson.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Very nice try there by La Rochelle Vito pure class
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I’m watching on BT and Benjamin Kayser is a very decent co commentator.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

OTT wrote: April 10th, 2021, 4:14 pm I’m watching on BT and Benjamin Kayser is a very decent co commentator.
Very positive about everyone!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Enjoyed O'Gara dropping his mask so we could lip read his opinion of that c~*k up.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 10th, 2021, 4:22 pm Enjoyed O'Gara dropping his mask so we could lip read his opinion of that c~*k up.
😂 Rochelle have looked very impressive in the 2nd half it’s all them
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Scarlets were pathetic last week but Sale really did destroy them physically and yet La Rochelle are able to do similar to them today. That power is scary, especially in the scrum.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Yeah, mincing Sale's scrum and very hard to stop in the tackle the foundation for me.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Wow, Sale have collapsed.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Rochelle look better than Toulouse on this performance