Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by OTT »

Hugh Cahill should be given his soother and put down for a nap.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

OTT wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 4:20 pm Hugh Cahill should be given his soother and put down
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The onehanded lineout take and pass is pure filth
I have Bumbleflex
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Thought that was a clear knock on
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

That was unfortunate. I think Barnseymate got a couple of big decisions wrong. Toulouse looking like their old selves though. That game against Clermont will be off da hook, yo
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

I'd have preferred Toulouse to be out but couldn't join the three cheerleaders in the BT box supporting the boys in Red

Ultimately, Munster were unfortunate as the final Toulouse try came off No 17' s left fingers prior to hitting his head for a knock-on (my TV slo-mo with BT slo-mo show the ball revolution changing from that contact). However, the better team on the day won.

Toulouse have up to seven players to return and their game against Clermont will be a delight for attacking coaches whilst the defensive lads have coronaries.

Joey has a lot of recovering to do plus work on his tackling as he will be continually targeted until he recovers to his previous standards.

Munster forwards had two 10 minute patches where they had remembered to make short quick passes to players running hard. Apart from that the Munster forwards played second fiddle at the breakdown and I hope Beirne is not seriously injured. De Allende looked a World Cup medalist in the first half but reverted to recent form in the second half.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 5:20 pm I'd have preferred Toulouse to be out but couldn't join the three cheerleaders in the BT box supporting the boys in Red

Ultimately, Munster were unfortunate as the final Toulouse try came off No 17' s left fingers prior to hitting his head for a knock-on (my TV slo-mo with BT slo-mo show the ball revolution changing from that contact). However, the better team on the day won.

Toulouse have up to seven players to return and their game against Clermont will be a delight for attacking coaches whilst the defensive lads have coronaries.

Joey has a lot of recovering to do plus work on his tackling as he will be continually targeted until he recovers to his previous standards.

Munster forwards had two 10 minute patches where they had remembered to make short quick passes to players running hard. Apart from that the Munster forwards played second fiddle at the breakdown and I hope Beirne is not seriously injured. De Allende looked a World Cup medalist in the first half but reverted to recent form in the second half.
For the last Toulouse try, if his fingers knock the ball backwards into his head, and the ball then travels forward, is that a knock-on? As far as I can tell, it is not, but many (most) referees seem to interpret those kind of incidents as knock-ons.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Barnsey is a really good ref.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

neiliog93 wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 5:32 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 5:20 pm I'd have preferred Toulouse to be out but couldn't join the three cheerleaders in the BT box supporting the boys in Red

For the last Toulouse try, if his fingers knock the ball backwards into his head, and the ball then travels forward, is that a knock-on? As far as I can tell, it is not, but many (most) referees seem to interpret those kind of incidents as knock-ons.
AFAIK, ball goes forward off a hand, immediate or via something else, and is not brought under control before it hits the ground, that's a knock-on.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It was a clear knock on I thought. But then I thought Earls was due a clear red card.
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:48 pm I hope Conor Murray let's Dupont out of his pocket at halftime so he can get a little drinkie
Your hopes were very much answered. Thought Murray was excellent playing to a more diverse attacking plan than usual in big games.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

That's the first time in four years that Munster have lost a game at Thomond Park to a non Leinster team.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Great game of rugby, full of incident and a lot of good play after the initial settling period.

Some big performances from a number of Munster players - seasonal bests, in my opinion. I thought that Niall Scannell had the strongest game he has had in years and putting in a really good showing against a quality opposite number in Marchand. De Allende was an obvious standout after his off-colour showing against Leinster last weekend. Coombes did very well again, and I thought that Jack O'Donoghue more than adequately replaced Peter O'Mahony. Tadhg Beirne started really well and was very unfortunate to ship what looked like a nasty injury; hopefully it's not something that keeps him off the pitch for long.

I thought Carbery had a weak game and looked very ordinary, to be honest. Chris Farrell takes a lot out of the ball and remains a very one-dimensional centre: a big strong lad who runs into contact. He needs to work very hard to improve a number of areas of his game, namely his kicking [which is absolutely non-existent], his offloading [practically non-existent], his passing while running and his decision-making. He's a player who arrived at Munster with some strong parts to his game and as many weakness and there's been practically no development.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I barely noticed Carbery was playing. He was absent for large passages of Munster possession when you’d expect him to be pulling the strings. He passed the ball fewer times than CJ. JJ also threw more passes in his 17 minute appearance.

Carbery might have been a decent impact sub, he has form there. As a starter in the season defining games he’s a liability until he gets up to speed/sharpness. You can’t hide against Leinster or Toulouse, nor can you get an armchair ride.

I also thought Archer looks leaner and fitter. He was decent around the park. I’ve been critical in the past but he’s in form, relatively.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

It would be great to see yet another article or hear another radio feature on Munster's current plight. I have only seen/heard 6,835 such pieces in the last fortnight.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

enby wrote: April 5th, 2021, 10:44 pm It would be great to see yet another article or hear another radio feature on Munster's current plight. I have only seen/heard 6,835 such pieces in the last fortnight.
I see CJ has "passed the torch" onto Coombes.
Is that so he can find the well that he needs to go to?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 5th, 2021, 11:12 pm.
You say it best when you say nothing at all OSS
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote: April 5th, 2021, 11:32 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 5th, 2021, 11:12 pm.
You say it best when you say nothing at all OSS
Always nice to be recognised BH
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Talking Sense;n2638514 wrote:
Don’t be too disheartened we’re not trying to beat defenders or make line breaks, our whole game is box kicking, winning a turnover penalty, kicking to touch, maul and pick and jam and one out runners until we get a penalty. If we were throwing it around loads then these would be more concerning but it’s not a thing we really try to do.
got this from mf. :lol: