Heineken Cup 2020/21

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Heineken Cup 2020/21

Post by hugonaut »

La Rochelle looked great last night - lots of pace, incredible size, some very tidy footballers and very well-coached by Jono and ROG. Basically, they're exactly what you would want from a team.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

hugonaut wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:03 pm La Rochelle looked great last night - lots of pace, incredible size, some very tidy footballers and very well-coached by Jono and ROG. Basically, they're exactly what you would want from a team.
+1
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

hugonaut wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:03 pm La Rochelle looked great last night - lots of pace, incredible size, some very tidy footballers and very well-coached by Jono and ROG. Basically, they're exactly what you would want from a team.
Clermont the opposite
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

cormac wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 1:03 pm Clermont defending like they've never seen a dummy runner before
The game looks like clermont are having a bad day and wasps have been able to capitalise. I would think you’d prefer to see clermont knocked out cause they can play much better than this
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:10 pm
cormac wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 1:03 pm Clermont defending like they've never seen a dummy runner before
The game looks like clermont are having a bad day and wasps have been able to capitalise. I would think you’d prefer to see clermont knocked out cause they can play much better than this
No, they can't. Thats how good they are. A combination of those two teams couldn't win a goldfish at a carnival.
I have Bumbleflex
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:28 pm
No, they can't. Thats how good they are. A combination of those two teams couldn't win a goldfish at a carnival.
Think your being too harsh on clermont if they click they are devastating and can run tries in for fun
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Yep. Even when they were at their peak I always thought Clermont were beatable. This current lot aren't close to that team.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 2:10 pm The game looks like clermont are having a bad day and wasps have been able to capitalise. I would think you’d prefer to see clermont knocked out cause they can play much better than this
Think your being too harsh on clermont if they click they are devastating and can run tries in for fun
They can't defend for toffee.

They lost to Munster, that's their level.
I have Bumbleflex
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Is it to early to call it...

Edit: joking of course but Toulouse look on it.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Seemed to fade for a while before finishing Glos off. Would have won by 30 if they were a bit more clinical
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

2 Earsl tries in five minutes and against the run of play. Munster could do this!!!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Great game so far. All the games have been very good actually but this one looks a step up in quality.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Munster under-resourcing their rucks thereby coughing up possession and penos.....
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Munster playing so much better today than they did last week. Deallande looks different player
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

HT: 16-9
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:48 pm Munster playing so much better today than they did last week. Deallande looks different player
He reminded me of de Villiers playing against us last week: sh!t. Today he's not just a bosh merchant but he's playing smart too.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Toulouse have played some amazing rugby but they’re really flattering to deceive. For all the good play they couldn’t score a try and barely got the ball to Kolbe. I wonder if they put so much effort into keeping the ball alive and taking any opportunity to make a yard or two that they then just run out of players a phase or two later. Munster clearly targeting turnovers when Toulouse catch high balls too. Instead of just catching it and waiting for support they look to go forward when they hit the ground and it means they get isolated.

Nice to see Munster playing some rugby though, two excellent tries.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:55 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:48 pm Munster playing so much better today than they did last week. Deallande looks different player
He reminded me of de Villiers playing against us last week: sh!t. Today he's not just a bosh merchant but he's playing smart too.
He teaming up with earls really well, loading down kolbes channel
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:55 pm
Lots of similarities. de Villiers got stung by criticism but came good. Then didn’t hang around.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Toulouse have played some amazing rugby but they’re really flattering to deceive. For all the good play they couldn’t score a try and barely got the ball to Kolbe. I wonder if they put so much effort into keeping the ball alive and taking any opportunity to make a yard or two that they then just run out of players a phase or two later. Munster clearly targeting turnovers when Toulouse catch high balls too. Instead of just catching it and waiting for support they look to go forward when they hit the ground and it means they get isolated.

Nice to see Munster playing some rugby though, two excellent tries.
ST are getting no direction whatsoever from halfback, dupont has abjured all pretence at leadership here
I have Bumbleflex