Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster Vs Toulon 2021, Friday the 2nd of April, 5.30pm

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:54 pm
curates_egg wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:48 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:45 pm

The game was due to be played today, not in January, and its not being played due to a positive covid. test, so it couldn't be more on topic if it were riding it with stirrups.
It has relevance only if the incidence rate in the different countries is one of the criterion in the EPCR protocol for deciding what happens in the case of a solitary positive test. If the protocol doesn't include such a criterion, then it is a total straw man, in legal terms.
It may, however, have relevance to the Irish health authorities' "input" on the decision.
According to ROC on twitter, EPCR did (or could not) authorise RCT to travel:

Clarification from EPCR regarding the Toulon president's comments earlier: "EPCR does not authorise travel for participants in its tournaments and therefore, was not in a position to either authorise RC Toulon to travel to Ireland or to prevent them from doing so. (1/2)
Rúaidhrí O'Connor
@RuaidhriOC
·
1h
"All clubs in EPCR’s tournaments are responsible for complying with the terms of the agreed Covid-19 tournament protocol &quarantine exemptions, including the requirement to conduct thorough contact tracing in the event of a positive test result for C-19." (2/2)
ROC is a dick
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

FLIP wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:40 pm
Blueberry wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:30 pm
Twist wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:27 pm Hooray, I suppose!
Solid performance all round, onwards and upwards.........
One for the purists, plenty of unseen work done out on the pitch
:D :D Larmour was like a ghost out there today...
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:54 pm "All clubs in EPCR’s tournaments are responsible for complying with the terms of the agreed Covid-19 tournament protocol &quarantine exemptions, including the requirement to conduct thorough contact tracing in the event of a positive test result for C-19." (2/2)
[/i]
That last line sounds pretty much like the EPCR defence.
Again, reading through the lines, it would appear that there are criteria regarding contact tracing in the protocol, and Toulon have not fulfilled these.
If that's the case, then they can have no complaints really.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:57 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:54 pm
According to ROC on twitter, EPCR did (or could not) authorise RCT to travel:

Clarification from EPCR regarding the Toulon president's comments earlier: "EPCR does not authorise travel for participants in its tournaments and therefore, was not in a position to either authorise RC Toulon to travel to Ireland or to prevent them from doing so. (1/2)
Rúaidhrí O'Connor
@RuaidhriOC
·
1h
"All clubs in EPCR’s tournaments are responsible for complying with the terms of the agreed Covid-19 tournament protocol &quarantine exemptions, including the requirement to conduct thorough contact tracing in the event of a positive test result for C-19." (2/2)
ROC is a dick
That's a fair point OS, but he is a source of information :D
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

I'm heading off to read Munsterfans now for the evening, should be plenty of nashing of teeth and wailing about the only real province in Ireland having to do it the hard way while the Ladyboy's 'ghost through'.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

OSS
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Blueberry wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:58 pm
FLIP wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:40 pm
Blueberry wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:30 pm

Solid performance all round, onwards and upwards.........
One for the purists, plenty of unseen work done out on the pitch
:D :D Larmour was like a ghost out there today...
Match itself was utterly forgettable and I struggle to remember a single moment of good play. Chalk it off and move forward.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Have to laugh when you have galthie complaining about the way Toulon have been treated after the cr@p he pulled during the 6 nations

https://mobile.twitter.com/FaitbienGalt ... 6134020097

Implying that Leinster refused to play
Last edited by Theleinsterlad on April 2nd, 2021, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:02 pmOSS
Thanks, you saved me the bother.
I hate sloppy posting of that nature.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:40 pm Have to laugh when you have galthie complaining about the way Toulon have been treated after the cr@p he pulled during the 6 nations

That's not Fabien Galthie's twitter account.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

cormac wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:43 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:40 pm Have to laugh when you have galthie complaining about the way Toulon have been treated after the cr@p he pulled during the 6 nations

That's not Fabien Galthie's twitter account.
Thanks - was surprised he would raise his head for this when I first saw it
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Stuff Toulon. Aren't they the same guys unilaterally pulled the plug on their home Heino match vs the Scarlets last December with two hours to go - cos of an earlier Covid case in the Welshmen's squad - and got awarded the win 28-0? What goes around come around. I'm delighted. Ciano, Robbie, Johnny et al can recuperate after the 6 Nations while JR, Ringer etc. can maybe work themselves into contention. And as for asterisks: if we manage as first team in Europe to win a fifth star this year, I couldn't give an effin' monkey's!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Logorrhea wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 5:29 pm There is going to be a massive asterix against the result of this tournament regardless of who wins it
Yeah, the f%~king toughest b$&%@#ds in Europe that not even Covid19 could stop
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

EPRC continue to be clueless knobs
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

curates_egg wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:48 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:45 pm
curates_egg wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 6:43 pm
Comparing countries' incidence rates at isolated points of time is silly (why not pick January?) and, anyway, way off topic.
The game was due to be played today, not in January, and its not being played due to a positive covid. test, so it couldn't be more on topic if it were riding it with stirrups.
It has relevance only if the incidence rate in the different countries is one of the criterion in the EPCR protocol for deciding what happens in the case of a solitary positive test. If the protocol doesn't include such a criterion, then it is a total straw man, in legal terms.
It may, however, have relevance to the Irish health authorities' "input" on the decision.
Seriously - move on....
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

riocard911 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Stuff Toulon. Aren't they the same guys unilaterally pulled the plug on their home Heino match vs the Scarlets last December with two hours to go - cos of an earlier Covid case in the Welshmen's squad - and got awarded the win 28-0? What goes around come around.
:lol: I’m sorry but you’ve got that almost exactly backwards. The game was in Wales and, on hearing there had been a case earlier in the week at Scarlets, Toulon got on their plane and went home two hours before the game - I assume they thought they’d be awarded the victory because the case was in the Scarlets squad but the Match Result Resolution Committee awarded the 28-0 win to Scarlets.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

ROG is brilliant to listen to when he discusses rugby, very honest and you can see why he’s successful as a coach
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Xanthippe wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 9:35 pm
riocard911 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Stuff Toulon. Aren't they the same guys unilaterally pulled the plug on their home Heino match vs the Scarlets last December with two hours to go - cos of an earlier Covid case in the Welshmen's squad - and got awarded the win 28-0? What goes around come around.
:lol: I’m sorry but you’ve got that almost exactly backwards. The game was in Wales and, on hearing there had been a case earlier in the week at Scarlets, Toulon got on their plane and went home two hours before the game - I assume they thought they’d be awarded the victory because the case was in the Scarlets squad but the Match Result Resolution Committee awarded the 28-0 win to Scarlets.
Doh! Senility catching up with me.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

riocard911 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Stuff Toulon. Aren't they the same guys unilaterally pulled the plug on their home Heino match vs the Scarlets last December with two hours to go - cos of an earlier Covid case in the Welshmen's squad - and got awarded the win 28-0? What goes around come around. I'm delighted. Ciano, Robbie, Johnny et al can recuperate after the 6 Nations while JR, Ringer etc. can maybe work themselves into contention. And as for asterisks: if we manage as first team in Europe to win a fifth star this year, I couldn't give an effin' monkey's!!!

Effin monkeys is right.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

On the debate of asterisks beside stars, in the years I’ve watched champions cup rugby not once has a commentator or any fan mentioned when talking about the mighty Toulouse’s 4 stars that one should really have an asterisks beside their first. Neither will anyone in a couple of years on Exeter’s. It will be discussed in the present and then left in the past as this competition continues into the future - a win is a win and a title is a title