Leinster Vs Toulon 2021, Friday the 2nd of April, 5.30pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Re: Leinster Vs Toulon 2021, Friday the 2nd of April, 5.30pm

Post by Blue not red blood »

Pain for all concerned but at least no new injuries / Suspensions / Citings for next week and hopefully get a few bodies back
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Keith wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:55 pm Pretty devastated tbh. The amount of rugby games being called off compared to football matches is puzzling to me.
Easier to reschedule football games I suppose.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Bit of a bitchy tweet from ROC. Hardly Leinsters fault. I'd say there more gutted then anyone (even Toulon)

"Hastily rewriting my Friday newsletter, no wondering if, through no fault of their own, Leinster would be
better off putting an asterisk on their shirt instead of a star if they win the Champions Cup this season"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:10 pm Bit of a bitchy tweet from ROC. Hardly Leinsters fault. I'd say there more gutted then anyone (even Toulon)

"Hastily rewriting my Friday newsletter, no wondering if, through no fault of their own, Leinster would be
better off putting an asterisk on their shirt instead of a star if they win the Champions Cup this season"
Nah. Not when you're already Euros most successful club.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Ah ffs.

Second week in a row that the opposition haven't shown up.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:10 pm Bit of a bitchy tweet from ROC. Hardly Leinsters fault. I'd say there more gutted then anyone (even Toulon)

If he’s just come up with that one he’s a slow fella, two games were played to get to the knockouts, some teams only had to play one (including Toulon).
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

cormac wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:17 pm Ah ffs.

:D :D :D
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Stupid comment from him. A lot of journos letting themselves down recently, even more so than usual.
Dont Panic!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Would love to know what way Stu & Lancaster will play this now.

Get the lads in for a blowout training session over the weekend?

Or give them the weekend off to watch the rugby and eat a few eggs.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:28 pm Would love to know what way Stu & Lancaster will play this now.

Get the lads in for a blowout training session over the weekend?

Or give them the weekend off to watch the rugby and eat a few eggs.
Was wondering that myself. Really unprecedented circumstances!
Dont Panic!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:55 pm given the injury situation, you'll take it.. but it's sh!t.. was looking forward to this massively.
So was I. I've no love for Toulon or their fans and I think that we would have beaten them badly, especially given the conditions were favourable. Very disappointed to see the game called off.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dexter wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:21 pm

Stupid comment from him. A lot of journos letting themselves down recently, even more so than usual.
A proper tool of a man
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lemaitre saying a player tested positive on Weds and immediately isolated. EPCR "were immediately informed but let us go to Dublin."... "Despite a total negative re-test of the players last night at 8 pm, these people made this decision less than 5 hours before the match"

https://twitter.com/rpetty80/status/137 ... 06530?s=19
Last edited by mildlyinterested on April 2nd, 2021, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

There’s still no official confirmation that we get the walkover - wonder if they’re trying to get it rescheduled. With it being a bank holiday weekend is there a chance it could be moved to Monday - which would be 5 days from the initial positive test.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Xanthippe wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:51 pm There’s still no official confirmation that we get the walkover - wonder if they’re trying to get it rescheduled. With it being a bank holiday weekend is there a chance it could be moved to Monday - which would be 5 days from the initial positive test.
That will be a really hard turnaround for next week against either Exeter or Lyon but unfair for us.

A lot of comments saying it’s good for us not having to play this, but I disagree I think it would have been good for us to get a tough game, we could go in undercooked for next game
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

cormac wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:17 pm Ah ffs.

:lol: :clap:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

hugonaut wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:37 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:55 pm given the injury situation, you'll take it.. but it's sh!t.. was looking forward to this massively.
So was I. I've no love for Toulon or their fans and I think that we would have beaten them badly, especially given the conditions were favourable. Very disappointed to see the game called off.
Exactly my feeling. I really wanted to beat this team and I think we would have.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:00 pm
Xanthippe wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:51 pm There’s still no official confirmation that we get the walkover - wonder if they’re trying to get it rescheduled. With it being a bank holiday weekend is there a chance it could be moved to Monday - which would be 5 days from the initial positive test.
That will be a really hard turnaround for next week against either Exeter or Lyon but unfair for us.

A lot of comments saying it’s good for us not having to play this, but I disagree I think it would have been good for us to get a tough game, we could go in undercooked for next game
I agree that we could have done with the game as a test outside of the pro14. Also, I am not sure what to do with my afternoon. Any suggestions.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

leinster23 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:01 pm
Keith wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:55 pm Pretty devastated tbh. The amount of rugby games being called off compared to football matches is puzzling to me.
Easier to reschedule football games I suppose.
Maybe they don't call off games when everyone has tested negative, unlike rugby.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Toulon president Bernard Lemaitre says it's a "scandal" that Toulon could be knocked out.

Says EPCR knew of positive test on Weds, told Toulon to travel, says all players tested negative last night, but game cancelled.

"It's disgusting," says Lemaitre.