Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:10 pm Donal Lenihan on the RTÉ rugby podcast gave great insight into the sh!t that seems to be going on in Munster re: development. He was saying there is a politics war going on and it’s due to the fact that Munster is actually broken into north Munster and south Munster and that the club game that used to be their version of our schools system player route is breaking down because of it. I know I love watching us beat Munster but listening to him I was even getting worried for the long term future of Munster being able to continue to be able to compete and push us to get better.

You would really have to say is Connaught more of our rivals these days as they have beaten us on a couple of occasions over the last number of years and have won a trophy (I jest but then do I?!)
Connacht
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Some peow may consider that pedantry but the fact is that when you use the wrong spelling of Connacht everything you say appears like it was said by this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=18JmieM8SFc
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:39 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:10 pm Donal Lenihan on the RTÉ rugby podcast gave great insight into the sh!t that seems to be going on in Munster re: development. He was saying there is a politics war going on and it’s due to the fact that Munster is actually broken into north Munster and south Munster and that the club game that used to be their version of our schools system player route is breaking down because of it. I know I love watching us beat Munster but listening to him I was even getting worried for the long term future of Munster being able to continue to be able to compete and push us to get better.

You would really have to say is Connaught more of our rivals these days as they have beaten us on a couple of occasions over the last number of years and have won a trophy (I jest but then do I?!)
Connacht
Sorry was typing on my phone and it auto corrected to that! 😳
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

no worries ,

I've been corrected many a time and more than happy to tate them
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:no worries ,

Take...

(Sorry)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

The Doc wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:08 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote:no worries ,

Take...

(Sorry)

:D :D :D
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Murphry's law applies to correcting typos.

The worry is that some people seem to think that's the right way to spell Connacht and that needs to be stamped out.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:54 am Murphry's law applies to correcting typos.

The worry is that some people seem to think that's the right way to spell Connacht and that needs to be stamped out.
you did that on purpose right?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

North Munster vs South Munster = Thomond vs Desmond - twas ever thus....
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am
fourthirtythree wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:54 am Murphry's law applies to correcting typos.

you did that on purpose right?
You could look up Murphry's law on teh Google's!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

riocard911 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:33 pm North Munster vs South Munster = Thomond vs Desmond - twas ever thus....
Same could be said for Dublin vs outside the pale in Leinster and that was an issue for us over 10 years ago (ie the lunster supporters) but in fairness to Leinster that has been sorted out and now it’s constantly improving. I was shocked to hear that Munster has only 1 academy player from Limerick in their ranks - that’s unreal
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:53 pm
riocard911 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:33 pm North Munster vs South Munster = Thomond vs Desmond - twas ever thus....
Same could be said for Dublin vs outside the pale in Leinster and that was an issue for us over 10 years ago (ie the lunster supporters) but in fairness to Leinster that has been sorted out and now it’s constantly improving. I was shocked to hear that Munster has only 1 academy player from Limerick in their ranks - that’s unreal
I have zero knowledge of Leinster schools rugby, so coming at this out of interest.

How many home grown players in the Leinster set up have come from non Dublin schools?

As a Munster fan from outside of Limerick, I think it is great to see so many players from outside of Limerick come through.
Munster have put the work into areas that would not be considered rugby strongholds, and are seeing players come through in those areas.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

munster#1 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 3:16 pm
I have zero knowledge of Leinster schools rugby, so coming at this out of interest.

How many home grown players in the Leinster set up have come from non Dublin schools?

As a Munster fan from outside of Limerick, I think it is great to see so many players from outside of Limerick come through.
Munster have put the work into areas that would not be considered rugby strongholds, and are seeing players come through in those areas.
You should listen to final lenihan podcast then it’s sounds like they haven’t
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

There’s almost as many from Dublin schools down in Shelbyville as there are up here.

If you’re really interested MI posts lists including the schools or clubs where the player learnt their trade

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25744
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 3:20 pm

There’s almost as many from Dublin schools down in Shelbyville as there are up here.

If you’re really interested MI posts lists including the schools or clubs where the player learnt their trade

I’ll take your word for it. I would have assumed that most of the players would have either been from Dublin or came through the Dublin schools structures.

Considering how few there are in Munster i feel educated and impressed in equal measures.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 3:30 pm

I’ll take your word for it. I would have assumed that most of the players would have either been from Dublin or came through the Dublin schools structures.

Considering how few there are in Munster i feel educated and impressed in equal measures.
Here’s a link to the senior squad viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25724 first post has school or club. There’s a fair few from outside of Dublin schools tbf
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 3:35 pm

Here’s a link to the senior squad viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25724 first post has school or club. There’s a fair few from outside of Dublin schools tbf
Fair play, I would genuinely assumed that most of the Leinster squad would either be Dubs, or lads from outside Dublin who learned their trade in a Dublin school.

Every day is a schools day.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

munster#1 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 3:46 pm

Fair play, I would genuinely assumed that most of the Leinster squad would either be Dubs, or lads from outside Dublin who learned their trade in a Dublin school.

Also a number of the Dublin schools guys do come
other counties in Leinster and would have played under-age for their local clubs (ie - Hugh o’sullivan - belvo but also Navan)
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 1st, 2021, 10:39 pm

Connacht
Sorry was typing on my phone and it auto corrected to that! Image
Your phone is a tout.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote:
munster#1 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 3:30 pm I’ll take your word for it. I would have assumed that most of the players would have either been from Dublin or came through the Dublin schools structures.

Certainly true until fairly recently. And you can see in the squad the effect the Michael's rugby program had about 10 years ago... A lot of the current squad came through there.

But the balance has changed a lot over the last 5 years. They have a lot better connections with the club network and across the province now. And if you look at the academy there is a broader mix than 10 years ago

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you