Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

D4surfer
Mullet

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

Post by D4surfer »

https://www.the42.ie/jason-jenkins-muns ... 9-Mar2021/

The Munster production line is still in full swing.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Saffer nua to replace CJ. Some people never learn....
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Lads ye don’t have any big meat head saffers available. Coz if we didn’t go shopping in Donnybrook or Durban we might actually have to play a few local lads.
Some of whom actually look quite decent

Jesus H
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

blockhead wrote: March 29th, 2021, 3:49 pm
Flash Gordon wrote: March 29th, 2021, 3:19 pm
RoboProp wrote: March 29th, 2021, 10:29 am

Exactly this, they were beaten off the pitch and it's still about them. The narrative always seems to be about them.

You had Leinster players with massive points to prove and they more than proved them; take a well deserved bow Ruddock, Conan, Dave Kearney and Luke.

What struck me was that you had a guys who have been in the Irish camp for more time since we've returned to rugby than they've been with Leinster slot seamlessly back in. I heard Ferg say during the week that sometimes it takes a week or two to re-familiarise with the plays in the provincial systems, it was like these players were never away.

I never tire of seeing how any given player can on any part of the pitch "ball" (to use the vernacular of the youth) . Go be the days when Mike Ross would get the ball and you knew exactly what was going to happen next he'd go into contact and make flip all yards or he'd shovel a pass to his left. Never mastered the left to right myself. :oops: Not a slight on Rossy, I love Rossy and he's exactly the kind of prop I wanted to be when I was lad, but the game has moved on.
We were dynamic, aggressive and most importantly absolutely clinical. It was an absolute pleasure. I know a few things went wrong for us, but it's just a luxury to watch a final against one of your greatest rivals and after 20 minutes think to yourself "we've got this lot on toast"
Can't understand the media angle on Munster, if we lost so many finals and derbies they'd be wheeling out the ladyboy tag again. Personally, I think they have a coaching ticket problem there. For years they've had nothing going on in attack when we play them, they just seem to shovel the ball along the line meaninglessly. Their kicking game developed because they couldn't get anything out of ball in hand. De Allende didn't look particularly interested. I'd wonder about the quality of their coaching AND their culture. The great Munster team of the 2000's ran on culture and the sum was always greater than the parts, not sure that's the case anymore.

The reality is we butchered 3 or 4 chances that would have made that a 25-30 point game and that would have been a fair reflection of the game and it might have forced the coaching to have a long look at themselves down in Limerick. You look at what's happening up at Ulster and how their academy is starting to produce again and you'd think they will be our biggest Irish challenge in the near future.
Quinne was saying today that he was frightened for Munster when he saw Leinster warming up. He also didn't stick the boot in post match on Premier Sports because he felt sorry for them.

Jasus! I'd rather be insulted than have people feeling sorry for my team.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Sugary tae wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:30 pm Lads ye don’t have any big meat head saffers available. Coz if we didn’t go shopping in Donnybrook or Durban we might actually have to play a few local lads.
Some of whom actually look quite decent

Jesus H
I’ll have some of the pills you’re on ....
@M#1 ... this guy is dragging your people down ... you should have a word...
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

D4surfer wrote: March 29th, 2021, 3:56 pm https://www.the42.ie/jason-jenkins-muns ... 9-Mar2021/

Niall Kelly, 2009 wrote: Importing instant-fix, High Veldt muscle isn’t going to provide either a medium or long-term solution – given a pack that still doesn’t get the difference between “want” and “need” to win – and gives not even immediate succour when any bought-in, beef-to-the-heel Boer heifer has Achilles’ hooves.
I wrote: :lol:
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

joooooe wrote:
D4surfer wrote: March 29th, 2021, 3:56 pm https://www.the42.ie/jason-jenkins-muns ... 9-Mar2021/

Niall Kelly, 2009 wrote: Importing instant-fix, High Veldt muscle isn’t going to provide either a medium or long-term solution – given a pack that still doesn’t get the difference between “want” and “need” to win – and gives not even immediate succour when any bought-in, beef-to-the-heel Boer heifer has Achilles’ hooves.
I wrote: :lol:
Exactly what I came here to say!

What are they thinking? Surely it’s the front row that needs strengthening? This puts Tom Ahern back to what, 4th choice?
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Just a little bit sad now.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

enjoyed these two carries from JVDF:

Sits down Stander

&

Tadhg Beirne
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

This is pure craziness.. what are Munster, and even worse the IRFU thinking?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

erskinechilders wrote: March 29th, 2021, 9:37 pm This is pure craziness.. what are Munster, and even worse the IRFU thinking?
If Dev has to move on and this journeyman arrives in Limerick then Nucifora really has to go.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

D4surfer wrote: March 29th, 2021, 10:57 pm
erskinechilders wrote: March 29th, 2021, 9:37 pm This is pure craziness.. what are Munster, and even worse the IRFU thinking?
If Dev has to move on and this journeyman arrives in Limerick then Nucifora really has to go.
Firstly. I am Not saying that I agree with this signing at all, and would have preferred that this NIQ spot was used on a front row, but I really can’t see how you and others are linking these 2 events together?

Leinster like Munster, Ulster and Connacht would have been given a budget and most likely guidelines on number of players allowed in each squad.
Leinster currently have the largest squad, and receive the largest sum in wage subsidies from the IRFU.

Surely you and others can see, if Toner is not offered a contract it is because Leo has decided that there is no place for Toner either within his budget or his squad size or that he does not envisage him being part of his future plans.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 9:33 am
Leinster currently have the largest squad, and receive the largest sum in wage subsidies from the IRFU.
And why is that?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Firstly. I am Not saying that I agree with this signing at all, and would have preferred that this NIQ spot was used on a front row, but I really can’t see how you and others are linking these 2 events together?

Leinster like Munster, Ulster and Connacht would have been given a budget and most likely guidelines on number of players allowed in each squad.

Surely you and others can see, if Toner is not offered a contract it is because Leo has decided that there is no place for Toner either within his budget or his squad size or that he does not envisage him being part of his future plans.
You are right on budget allocations but Nucifora is the "joined up thinking" guy. If there are Irish players or players coming through it's his job to ensure they have a pathway. Lock is a position where we don't have a massive amount of oven ready international talent. Ryan, Beirne and Hendo have proven their worth, Baird looks the real deal and i really like Thornbury but they haven't started international games. Lock is an attritional position where injuries are common, we need more depth.

As we all know, the provinces exist because the IRFU funds them and the return on investment isn't there at lock which historically was a local powerhouse position for Munster.

On the wage subsidies, the central contracts are a reflection of the fact that Leinster are producing more players from the Academy of course and without wanting to get into a them and us, Munster have done alright on IRFU subsidies, 10 million quid of interest free loans that may never be paid back and the IRFU picking up the mortgage on TP too.....

By the way if I needed a NIQ for Munster, it wouldn't be a lock!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

You have signings in every position of the front row and made a controversial tight head signing just last year.

If Munster are allowed make pointless vanity signings when everyone else is making the biggest cuts in the history of the pro game then yes it is an issue.

And it changed a lot. It changes Holland retiring when the squad is under pressure to a player forced out for another from the boys club.

Every province that's losing players should be pissed off.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Flash Gordon wrote: March 30th, 2021, 10:15 am

You are right on budget allocations but Nucifora is the "joined up thinking" guy. If there are Irish players or players coming through it's his job to ensure they have a pathway. Lock is a position where we don't have a massive amount of oven ready international talent. Ryan, Beirne and Hendo have proven their worth, Baird looks the real deal and i really like Thornbury but they haven't started international games. Lock is an attritional position where injuries are common, we need more depth.

As we all know, the provinces exist because the IRFU funds them and the return on investment isn't there at lock which historically was a local powerhouse position for Munster.

On the wage subsidies, the central contracts are a reflection of the fact that Leinster are producing more players from the Academy of course and without wanting to get into a them and us, Munster have done alright on IRFU subsidies, 10 million quid of interest free loans that may never be paid back and the IRFU picking up the mortgage on TP too.....

By the way if I needed a NIQ for Munster, it wouldn't be a lock!
I agree with you, as I said in my post, I do not think a lock should be signed, and if it is confirmed without another lock going the other way, then I will be disappointed and confused.

I was not in any way stating that the large number of subsidies allocated to Leinster players is not justified, just pointing out that Leinster probably have more cash to play around with for the rest of their squad as a result of these subsidies.
My point is that Leinster have a larger squad and more money to play around with (I would assume), meaning that if Toner is let go, it is because Leinster do not view him as being worthy of a contract, and not because the IRFU wouldn’t allow it as they want Munster to sign the new JJ.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I thought it was an interesting little side note to see Ross Byrne doing a good bit of talking in a huddle on Saturday. The others all seemed to be listening too which is good to see.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Ferg McFadden talking about Scott Fardy on House of Rugby

“Scott Fardy, I’ve been involved with Leinster when they recruited badly and I’ve been involved when they recruited well, the importance of having someone like Scott Fardy in your squad you can’t put a value on that between his rugby ability obviously he got to a World Cup final he’s got so much experience in different cultures and different teams and countries but actually it’s the person as well, you need a fit for the club that has the same values that comes in and fits in seamlessly he’s just that guy, he’s great craic in the changing room but a really, really good professional.”
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

OTT wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:11 am Ferg McFadden talking about Scott Fardy on House of Rugby

“Scott Fardy, I’ve been involved with Leinster when they recruited badly and I’ve been involved when they recruited well, the importance of having someone like Scott Fardy in your squad you can’t put a value on that between his rugby ability obviously he got to a World Cup final he’s got so much experience in different cultures and different teams and countries but actually it’s the person as well, you need a fit for the club that has the same values that comes in and fits in seamlessly he’s just that guy, he’s great craic in the changing room but a really, really good professional.”
He's been a great signing.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

We should make a move for Thomas Ahern.