Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:02 pm As long as there are marks for whom every failure can be compensated by shouting "Sinn Fein" government will never be accountable in this country
I could answer your question above, but you could too if you were trying to argue in good faith. You're not. No more than Varadkar does hen he introduces the.non sequitur of Sinn Fein every time his failure, incompetence, or corruption are pointed out.
Can we get a list please?

There’s no way I can be expected to make a decision unless it’s neatly compiled for me
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:02 pm As long as there are marks for whom every failure can be compensated by shouting "Sinn Fein" government will never be accountable in this country
I could answer your question above, but you could too if you were trying to argue in good faith. You're not. No more than Varadkar does hen he introduces the.non sequitur of Sinn Fein every time his failure, incompetence, or corruption are pointed out.
The shinners are so afraid of Leo that they will accuse him of just about anything to get rid of him.
They can't back it up but sure so what any snide, disparaging remark will do.
The shinners are very good at personal attacks.
BTW Leo's PR machine doing Trojan work today announcing all those jobs at Intel.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:11 pm As long as one group of privately educated centre right idiots can shout at another group of privately educated centre right idiots there will always be useful idiots ready to fight one corner or another.
Hey that's not fair leaving out the privately educated far left people's front of judea or was it the judean people's front?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:11 pm As long as one group of privately educated centre right idiots can shout at another group of privately educated centre right idiots there will always be useful idiots ready to fight one corner or another.
Were you privately educated then?
Or are there other groups that fit your assumptions.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Sinn Fein/IRA getting a foothold on Babbling 'brook eh?
Nothing can stop them now!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

TerenureJim wrote: March 24th, 2021, 11:36 pm
Hey that's not fair leaving out the privately educated far left people's front of judea or was it the judean people's front?
Well there are plenty of them on the supposed left who were privately educated to chose from!
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

How did "Friday's Rave" move into the political leanings of Dublin's private schools and the pros and cons of the Shinners?
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The Doc wrote: March 25th, 2021, 10:11 am How did "Friday's Rave" move into the political leanings of Dublin's private schools and the pros and cons of the Shinners?
I've honestly no idea. :roll:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

The Doc wrote: March 25th, 2021, 10:11 am How did "Friday's Rave" move into the political leanings of Dublin's private schools and the pros and cons of the Shinners?
I'm not convinced they have a pro tbh... unless you count provisional ?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Yeah, this is the Rave, in the words of a bygone age "ah heyore, leave it bleedin' out"
Auld Boy
Beginner

Post by Auld Boy »

Will this be the last time the clocks go forward or has the EU still got this stalled in a committee somewhere.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

There are plenty of forums around that focus on the discussion of politics; babbling 'brook is not one of them.

In addition, the "Rave" in the topic title here refers to the word in the context of admiration or excitement, not in the context of "ranting and raving". Please keep discussion of politics for other more appropriate forums.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Lovely day, Spring is really here. :D :D :D
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I'm going to do a Friday Rave on a Thursday because I don't give a f%~k about the rules.

Alex Turner's lyrics - Its actually difficult to pick a top 5, let alone a best song. Love is a Laserquest, maybe?

He's a very adaptable songwriter in terms of musical style too. There's not many that can shift gears so adeptly. He went from writing 'I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor' at some point in his teens to "Flourescent Adolescent' at 20 and a year later was putting out the first Last Shadow Puppets album which sounded like some 1960s musical score, but with brilliant songs like Standing Next to Me and My Mistakes Were Made for You.

Oh and his last album - which is entirely about a hotel on the moon - is class.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote: April 1st, 2021, 12:48 pm I'm going to do a Friday Rave on a Thursday because I don't give a f%~k about the rules.
that made me smile
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Twist wrote: April 1st, 2021, 12:48 pm I'm going to do a Friday Rave on a Thursday because I don't give a f%~k about the rules.
Where do you think you are? France?

(to quote The Pub Landlord)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Trip to the Aviva planned on Monday for my first shot of vaccine.

Not sure if it's a Leinster Jersey day or an Ireland Jersey day.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

IanD wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:44 am Trip to the Aviva planned on Monday for my first shot of vaccine.

Always Leinster
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

IanD wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:44 am Trip to the Aviva planned on Monday for my first shot of vaccine.

Excellent! Why not both?

Make sure you have plenty of paracetamol to hand. I got the AZ jab on Monday and I was floored from mid-night and all day Tuesday. Arm still feels like someone is driving a nail into it with a hammer.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

domhnallj wrote: April 8th, 2021, 10:16 am

Excellent! Why not both?

Make sure you have plenty of paracetamol to hand. I got the AZ jab on Monday and I was floored from mid-night and all day Tuesday. Arm still feels like someone is driving a nail into it with a hammer.
Yeah, I had the AZ jab a few months back and it took it out of me. My wife had the Pfzier jab and had no issues. But then my grandparents and parents have had the AZ jab and had no issues, so I think the younger you are the harder it hits.
Anyone But New Zealand