Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Munster, March 27th. 5pm. @ The RDS.

Post by wixfjord »

That's true actually, JR only as 170 odd minutes in the last month and a half.
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Evening shelbyville. Just wondering what people expect as the 23s for the final

I’d expect Munster to go with
1. Cronin
2. Scannell
3. Ryan
4. Kleyn
5. Billy/Ahern
6. Cj
7. Pom
8. Coombes
9. Casey
10. Carbery
11. Daly
12. De Allende
13. Farrell
14. Conway perhaps
15. Haley

I’d expect kob, loughman,archer, Billy/Ahern jod jos Murray JJ
Can’t see beirne playing given the 6 nations. Killer out obviously. Cj will be flogged. No point soaring him at this stage. Pom has had a sabbatical. Depth injuries to Wycherleys but a lot of guys like Gallagher and Conway coming good at the right time of the season.
I’d expect a reasonably strong outfit in blue but would be shocked if James Ryan Keenan henshaw sexton or Healy played any role.

At a guess
Dooley
Kelleher
Furlong
Toner
Murphy
Ruddock
Conan
Penney
Jgp
Harry
Lowe
Frawley if fit Byrne otherwise
Rol
Kearney
Larmour.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Murphy definitely won't be playing second row, will likely be Baird. But Ryan has had relatively light minutes too.

Wouldn't expect Furlong to play either, but hopefully we'll get Porter back if not.

Ross will start at 10 imo.

Kilcoyne is a big loss for Munster, that front 5 looks light on power without him & Beirne.
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

wixfjord wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:01 pm Murphy definitely won't be playing second row, will likely be Baird. But Ryan has had relatively light minutes too.

Wouldn't expect Furlong to play either, but hopefully we'll get Porter back if not.

Ross will start at 10 imo.

Kilcoyne is a big loss for Munster, that front 5 looks light on power without him & Beirne.

Baird of course !!
Only reason I don’t expect to see James Ryan was 2 concussions.

Killer and an expected loss of beirne will depower our front 5 a lot. I’d hope for bravery in picking Ahern but won’t hold my breath.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Sugary tae wrote: March 21st, 2021, 6:54 pm Evening shelbyville.
Gonna have to stop ye right there Sugary tae.
Munster are shelbyville, got it? Hence all the bitterness with the lemon tree and all that.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

blockhead wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:15 pm
Munster are shelbyville, got it? Hence all the bitterness with the lemon tree and all that.
Shake harder boy
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

And the desire to marry their cousins too, let's not forget.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Actually a very interesting game to watch from an Irish point of view. Coombes and Penney are the two I’ll be looking for
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

cormac wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:18 pm
Just coz you guys don’t have attractive cousins
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

What about Lowe at fullback if Keenan and JOB aren't available (or are needed at 13 in the latter's case)? He's probably more reliable under the high ball than Larmour, and he's a more natural ball-player too so he'd be more likely to see and execute the pass to a winger in space if it's on on kick return. I was impressed with his coverage of the backfield against France as well.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Sugary tae wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:19 pm
Has Munster#1 changed his profile.... ??
if not... you know he’s the only turnip spokesperson allowed on this forum :D :D
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

alanair wrote: March 21st, 2021, 9:09 pm

if not... you know he’s the only turnip spokesperson allowed on this forum :D :D
no offence to anyone mentioned, but M#1 wouldn't approve of that type of cousin talk
ronaldo7messi10

Post by ronaldo7messi10 »

Even with a free hand to select Leo surely wouldn’t drop LMcG to the bench. Just because JGP has been with Ireland doesn’t mean Leo will necessarily regard him as better or the right man to start. Luke has got them to the final and deserves to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

leinsterforever wrote: March 21st, 2021, 7:58 pm What about Lowe at fullback if Keenan and JOB aren't available (or are needed at 13 in the latter's case)? He's probably more reliable under the high ball than Larmour, and he's a more natural ball-player too so he'd be more likely to see and execute the pass to a winger in space if it's on on kick return. I was impressed with his coverage of the backfield against France as well.
I was thinking that he could be an option there watching the Irish games but given all that happened it might be best to ease him back in a position he’s most familiar with.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

And by the end of it they're drinking turnip juice, which is probably made by juggling them. We are through the looking glass here people
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 21st, 2021, 9:57 pm
alanair wrote: March 21st, 2021, 9:09 pm

no offence to anyone mentioned, but M#1 wouldn't approve of that type of cousin talk
Not at all. I think it is well known that a recently retired Leinster player’s partner is his cousin, and sure why not.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

So looking at the possibility that the irfu will dictate that many of the international contingent can only play a certain amount of games in the coming weeks, rather than saying that they can’t play this weekend, I suspect that Munster will prioritize this game.

Munster are fortunate that the only players likely to be effected by this are Beirne, Earls and CJ.
Given that CJ is finished with international rugby, I would imagine that he is no longer a concern for the IRFU, meaning only 2 players will be effected.

I would go full bore for this game, with a view to resting Beirne and Earls for the Toulouse encounter.

My team would be:
Cronin (killer if he is passed fit)
Scannell
Archer
Kleyn
Beirne
Coombes
POM
CJ
Murray
Joey
Conway
DeAllande
Farrell
Earls
Haley

Injuries and priorities will play a big part in who wins this final.
If it were in a sold out TP I would say that Minster would win given the injuries and likely number of rested players for Leinster, but I still struggle to see past a Leinster win for this one.

My big hope is that a red card does not dictate the result.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

The fact that that selection only includes 7 Munster born players is still a shock and with Loughman, Knox, Salanoa and Snyman on the books too!

Hopefully the young crop come through. All franchises are stronger when overwhelmingly composed of their own stock. The connection from team to terrace is powerful on match days and in the bank account.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

backrower8 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 11:03 am The fact that that selection only includes 7 Munster born players is still a shock and with Loughman, Knox, Salanoa and Snyman on the books too!

Hopefully the young crop come through. All franchises are stronger when overwhelmingly composed of their own stock. The connection from team to terrace is powerful on match days and in the bank account.
Is it a shock? I would be surprised if anyone who has been watching rugby over the last few years would be shocked by that.

Munster are definitely improving, and have many very talented players coming through.

Honest question, if you were in the terrace this weekend and Leinster fielded a team with Cronin, Bent, Fardy, Dorris, JGP, Lowe and Henshaw would you feel less of a connection to the team?
What is your personal limit of imports before you disconnect?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Jaysus lads for the week that's in it can we park that sh!t. It's very much for another day

In terms of the actual rugby M#1 if that is to be Munster's team then on paper I don't see us being able to match it. We're too badly hit. However, Leinster have been greater then the sum of their parts a lot of time this season so that will have to be our hope.

As Home advantage at the moment is small (if not non existent), looking at it with a purely Rugby head you would have to say it's advantage Munster ........at least until the teams are announced.