RWC 2023 - ticket info

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

RWC 2023 - ticket info

Post by The Doc »

Hi,

Has anyone managed to register for ticket info / ballots on the RWC 2023 site. I've registered on the site but if I click the ticket info it looks for another sign in but no way to register

If anyone has a link I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: RWC 2023 - ticket info

Post by CiaranIrl »

I was wondering the same thing. I found the below after a bit of searching.

"Organisers will announce details of how fans can get their hands on tickets for the rugby tournament in France at a launch event on 4 March 2021. Tickets are expected to be released in batches with information around how and when tickets will become available revealed at the launch. A virtual press conference held by Head of Rugby World Cup, Alan Gilpin, and France 2023 CEO, Claude Atcher, will present details for fans."
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

CiaranIrl wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:09 pm I was wondering the same thing. I found the below after a bit of searching.

"Organisers will announce details of how fans can get their hands on tickets for the rugby tournament in France at a launch event on 4 March 2021. Tickets are expected to be released in batches with information around how and when tickets will become available revealed at the launch. A virtual press conference held by Head of Rugby World Cup, Alan Gilpin, and France 2023 CEO, Claude Atcher, will present details for fans."
Thank you sir - a better searcher than me
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

So apparently presale is on the 15th March.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

CiaranIrl wrote: March 4th, 2021, 7:45 pm So apparently presale is on the 15th March.
You need to register by the 13th FYI. Also, need to be careful, as you have to register seperately on the ticket site and not just register on the RWC site.

On the 15th only packages are on presale - either team or city packages (3 or 5 game city packages). Individual games not on sale until 2022

City and team packages on general sale from 6th April

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news ... go-on-sale
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

What are peoples thoughts on the packages? A few of the city ones including Bordeaux and Lyon look decent.

Trouble is with the team packs too it involves being over there for a month. Is it possible to buy a city or team pack and sell on tickets to individual games? I suppose they might want to avoid touts and companies buying them all up and selling on for big money
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Leinsterimp wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:23 pm What are peoples thoughts on the packages? A few of the city ones including Bordeaux and Lyon look decent.

Trouble is with the team packs too it involves being over there for a month. Is it possible to buy a city or team pack and sell on tickets to individual games? I suppose they might want to avoid touts and companies buying them all up and selling on for big money
All the Ireland games are on a Saturday. Plan far enough ahead and you can fly out Friday, come back Sunday. Being based on the wrong side of the Irish Sea I'll probably be able to get the Eurostar over to Paris for the last 2 games easy enough, with flights to the previous two matches.
Anyone But New Zealand
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Yeah think I may end up waiting for individual games on sale September 22, live in the midlands in England so even the Eurostar is a big journey
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Top tip: You can only use mastercard for the presale tomorrow. Revolut can give you a mastercard really easily within the app settings, so if you haven't signed up yet, that could be a good way to go about it quickly.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

How do you link your Revolut to a Mastercard card account if you dont have a Mastercard?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Blue not red blood wrote: March 14th, 2021, 1:37 pm How do you link your Revolut to a Mastercard card account if you dont have a Mastercard?
You don’t need to link it - you just get a virtual card or a (single use) disposable virtual card - both are mastercards
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Thanks.
Have the Revolut card ok but site is Pain in the hole
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

logged in before 11am....just got an "oops..something went wrong".... i agree, something very wrong with the site!!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Anyone who has used French ticketing sites before - well let's just say they have kept up the standard.

They show availability for packages but then there seems to be nothing available but you only find out when you try to checkout. Most packages are goen including Ireland team pack, Toulouse pack and Saint Dennis pack.

Possibly more will be released on public sale
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Yep a joke
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

yup.....most annoying part was how the site kept failing and then you try joining the queue again....then, just when you think "i'm in"....and it tells you a "follow my team" or separately the "St Denis" pack are available....you click "Checkout" and grab the MasterCard.....and see nothing in the basket with just a red line on the screen saying "product unavailable"....perhaps that's French for "some things are priceless for everything else there's unavailable".....
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

brotheroffrank wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:05 pm yup.....most annoying part was how the site kept failing and then you try joining the queue again....then, just when you think "i'm in"....and it tells you a "follow my team" or separately the "St Denis" pack are available....you click "Checkout" and grab the MasterCard.....and see nothing in the basket with just a red line on the screen saying "product unavailable"....perhaps that's French for "some things are priceless for everything else there's unavailable".....
You're lucky you got that far. I got as far as logging in only to be banished forever more.
Anyone But New Zealand
Blue not red blood
Mullet

When I eventually got to top of queue everything was unavailable for all teams.
Must have only released a small number of tickets
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

absolute joke....you spend over an hour and a half in a queue to get in to the ticketing site.....finally it says "you have two minutes to enter" and you click "enter"....only to be sent directly back to the start of the queue....
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Well after2 hours I am now in the follow Ireland queue at 17%