Leinster Squad 20-21

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Squad 20-21

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 13th, 2021, 9:15 pm Maybe it's his call. He looks around sees Lowe and Larmour in the Irish squad, and DK the first name on the teamsheet. Then he looks at the academy guys and thinks, "I'm 26 - I've got less than 10 years left to achieve my goals and give myself a start when I hit civvy street, there is a lot of young talent behind me. Am I going to get regular European Rugby at Leinster, has the national team ship sailed?". The guy has to do whats best for him at some point. I'd be disappointed to see him go, his attitude since he came back has been first rate - but I'd completely understand if he does leave.
To Ealing though?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: March 13th, 2021, 9:19 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: March 13th, 2021, 9:15 pm Maybe it's his call. He looks around sees Lowe and Larmour in the Irish squad, and DK the first name on the teamsheet. Then he looks at the academy guys and thinks, "I'm 26 - I've got less than 10 years left to achieve my goals and give myself a start when I hit civvy street, there is a lot of young talent behind me. Am I going to get regular European Rugby at Leinster, has the national team ship sailed?". The guy has to do whats best for him at some point. I'd be disappointed to see him go, his attitude since he came back has been first rate - but I'd completely understand if he does leave.
To Ealing though?
Wealthy owner with premiership ambitions that's throwing the money around.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Keith wrote: March 13th, 2021, 9:32 pm
To Ealing though?
I'm well aware, but it's hardly a move that will propel him forward if it is his call.

I think more likely that he just hasn't been offered a contract, which I find strange because he's a useful player who has done well and we're fairly limited in the back three with the guys in the Irish squad.

For next season at least this will mean we'll need to play guys like ROL, TOB etc on the wing.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: March 13th, 2021, 9:35 pm
Keith wrote: March 13th, 2021, 9:32 pm

To Ealing though?
I'm well aware, but it's hardly a move that will propel him forward if it is his call.

I think more likely that he just hasn't been offered a contract, which I find strange because he's a useful player who has done well and we're fairly limited in the back three with the guys in the Irish squad.

For next season at least this will mean we'll need to play guys like ROL, TOB etc on the wing.
Oh yeah I think that's defiantly the case too. I'd imagine we are signing somebody else.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd say it's far more likely we're not signing anyone, given the perilous state of the IRFU's finances.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Maybe there are salary differences and hopefully a deal hasn't been done. I think we need him.

There are rumours that Zebk is looking to come back to Ireland but let's quash any suggestion of Leinster before they start: too many angry fans on both sides for the IRFU to consider it.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

This year is no different to any, where a coach has to look at his squad and consider who gets a contract and who doesn’t.

For example, Munster have promoted 5 academy players for next season, and may sign Zebo, that means that 6 players will have to make way for these signings.

When you have a squad with the quality at Leinster, unfortunately it means that talented players will have to make way for progress, as there isn’t too much dead wood.

Have Leinster confirmed their academy graduates or who is due to depart at the end of the season?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Nothing confirmed, we tend to announce all contracts in one batch at the end of the season rather than drip feeding as the business gets done. You might get departures announced before that however.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Serb wrote: March 14th, 2021, 3:20 pm Nothing confirmed, we tend to announce all contracts in one batch at the end of the season rather than drip feeding as the business gets done. You might get departures announced before that however.
Thanks.

It will be interesting to see which players move on, and where they go.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

God I’m really really looking forward to seeing Tadhg back in blue.

Porter has been incredible but Tadhg is another level.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Anybody know when the dates/ times will be decided/ announced
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

My understanding is that Bent will leave at the end of the season. However, I’m unsure as to whether it’s his call or if he wasn’t offered an extension. He has been excellent this season and with Furlong and Porter in the Ireland squad ai think it would be good business to keep him for another year if possible rather than looking at a new signing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

James Ryan and Garry Ringrose have been ruled out of the England game through injury.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Hopefully neither are long term, although thats' Ryans second head knock in 6 weeks! Fingers crossed anyway!
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

To Ealing though?
Be better off back in Connacht?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

indo saying Ringrose out 4-6 weeks,
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

f%~k it, that's a big blow.

Big opp for Frawley though.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Needs a big game on friday so as ROL probably deserves as a start ahead of him for me.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 16th, 2021, 9:02 am Needs a big game on friday so as ROL probably deserves as a start ahead of him for me.
Also you don’t have to move henshaw as ROL slots into 13, ROL has never let us down at 13 and has plenty of big game experience there. I’d say they arnt even considering Frawley/ Henshaw unless there is an injury regardless of what happens Friday.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Frawley/Henshaw looked pretty good against Montpellier.

I agree ROL has done well, but I think the other two have a few more strings to their bow.

I'd imagine we'll see Ross, Frawley, ROL as our 10,12,13 for the league final.