Ulster, Away, March 6th, 7.35pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Ulster, Away, March 6th, 7.35pm

Post by mildlyinterested »

Greg McGrath, Dan Sheehan, Hugh O'Sullivan & Tim Corkery were wider squad players who went to belfast on saturday.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:37 am Greg McGrath, Dan Sheehan, Hugh O'Sullivan & Tim Corkery were wider squad players who went to belfast on saturday.
Good to know. Dan got to play
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Michael Bents try was a thing of beauty. Two pods of 3 working in perfect harmony. First pod sheers of the side of the Ulster pack. Second pod instantly sheers off that and over the line before Ulster can get across to repair the damage done by the first pod. A forward coaches dream :clap:
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:13 am Michael Bents try was a thing of beauty. Two pods of 3 working in perfect harmony. First pod sheers of the side of the Ulster pack. Second pod instantly sheers off that and over the line before Ulster can get across to repair the damage done by the first pod. A forward coaches dream :clap:
2 trys lined up mismatches with Madigan as the pillar defender against driven pods.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I've seen far worse cases of obstruction not being called as such. I'd like to see it again from behind. Did Ruddock have enough of a clear run to Baloucoune if he chose to advance on him? That's the question, for me. They have it way better defined in league, what is and isn't obstruction.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

It’s very disappointing when a brilliant move/play that ends in a try gets called back because of something you might think is unimportant or innocuous buts that’s the nature of these things. We probably lost a match against Connacht in January from something similar, Ireland against Italy had one of the best try’s of last year chalked off because of something that looked like it was milked. In their review they (Ulster) should ask McCloskey to stop unnecessarily making contact with players off the ball, he did it the whole match, there were a few times near the end of the game where they were attacking our line and he was being an absolute ball bag unnecessarily running and smashing into lads on our line, if they had scored he’d have probably cost his team those try’s as well. It’s not brave, it’s not aggressive it’s just stupid to keep doing the same thing you get pinged for over and over again but he looked like his head had gone after the early procession didn’t follow through.

What ulster could be angry about was the red card which seemed harsh when other contacts to heads were treated differently but they seem to want to throw their toys out about everything after listening to McFarland without acknowledging any of their own indiscretions. Frustration maybe but there were lots of other things that they got away with as did we.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

The still photos' do catch some great images.

Naughty, Naughty Mr. Baloucoune :D

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Tom O'Toole high on ROL: https://imgur.com/a/uAM9aBb
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 12:59 pm Tom O'Toole high on ROL: https://imgur.com/a/uAM9aBb
Ye know what, I seen that at the time and thought he must be out cold, but then play went on and nobody seemed to bat an eye.

Not a great angle but looks worse then a most of the instances that were carded imo
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Well, with the last 2 posts we can clearly say that its evens in terms of cards given/not given, what the ref missed etc. So all we have left is the scoreboard.
That scoreboard is emphatic.
Any more moaning from North Leinster will not be tolerated.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

bonkers the highlight packages produced by Pro 14 and Leinster for this game.. not sign of O'Reilly's break and offload.. who puts these things together? :lol:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:16 pm bonkers the highlight packages produced by Pro 14 and Leinster for this game.. not sign of O'Reilly's break and offload.. who puts these things together? :lol:
Y'know the full game is available on ytube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTDmp9h0Tc
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:43 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:16 pm bonkers the highlight packages produced by Pro 14 and Leinster for this game.. not sign of O'Reilly's break and offload.. who puts these things together? :lol:
Y'know the full game is available on ytube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTDmp9h0Tc
yep, just saying that the pro 14 hardly do a good job of promoting the good rugby played.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

It's usually just tries,tries, tries with these packages.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm It's usually just tries,tries, tries with these packages.
the o'reilly offload led to a try.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm
blockhead wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm It's usually just tries,tries, tries with these packages.
the o'reilly offload led to a try.
In fairness when DuPont does the pass that max did it’s worldclass. I thought it was the best bit of skill all night with his balance going as he did it
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OTT wrote: March 8th, 2021, 11:24 am ...........
What ulster could be angry about was the red card which seemed harsh when other contacts to heads were treated differently but they seem to want to throw their toys out about everything after listening to McFarland without acknowledging any of their own indiscretions. Frustration maybe but there were lots of other things that they got away with as did we.
In particular, the "head contact" on RO'L and the head to head clash when JVdF in possession was tackled by their LHP, noted in commentary as the 'coming together of two red headguards'.

Broadly speaking the sanctions handed out were a function of the "new era" of refereeing and we're likely to see more of them until Coaches realise they can't afford to select players who can't or won't keep contact of any sort below chest height.

The only sanction I considered excessive was that on Warwick as I considered first impact was on chest not neck. Conversely, leading with your elbow is now likely to get a Red sanction more often than a Yellow. - ref. Papa'lia in successive games for Connacht earlier in the season.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Neither of Papali'i's reds was for leading with the elbow while carrying the ball
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

leinsterforever wrote: March 9th, 2021, 1:37 pm Neither of Papali'i's reds was for leading with the elbow while carrying the ball
Badly phrased by me. The reference should have been to repeated dangerous high contacts
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ah Scott Fardy! ........ What are we ever gonna do without ye. If you were from Munster you'd definitely be a Liigind :D