Re: Ulster, Away, March 6th, 7.35pm

Post by Dave Cahill »

That was f%~king magnificent
I have Bumbleflex
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Fantastic performance by that young Leinster team great job by pack they were beasts
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Bit disappointing with the use of the bench considering the red card and the scoreline. Moloney, Dunne & Osbourne could surely have been given more than just a few minutes.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

D4surfer wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:26 pm Bring on the turnips
Time for some more mangling.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Absolutely brilliant....destroyed them up front. Yes Ulster have a bit of talent out wide but their pack isn't at the races.

Penny incredible, VDF, Bent, Ed Bryne, Josh Murphy, Toner, Fardy, Tracey, Dan Sheehan, Ruddock all great too......

Ross Byrne defensive masterclass at 10, serious tackles.

Great fun !!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Laighin Break wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:29 pm Bit disappointing with the use of the bench considering the red card and the scoreline. Moloney, Dunne & Osbourne could surely have been given more than just a few minutes.
Dunne and Osbourne in particular.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Blueberry wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:30 pm Absolutely brilliant....destroyed them up front. Yes Ulster have a bit of talent out wide but their pack isn't at the races.

Penny incredible, VDF, Bent, Ed Bryne, Josh Murphy, Toner, Fardy, Tracey, Dan Sheehan, Ruddock all great too......

Ross Byrne defensive masterclass at 10, serious tackles.

Great fun !!
When you look at our two previous games the players didn’t feel the need to put their bodies on the line. In a match that mattered tonight they were relentless beasts, the lack of missed tackles tonight will say it all. Super performance by the team
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 5th, 2021, 12:10 pm
If the selected team can do well, it'll be a landmark performance. Not even looking to a win, but a performance even in defeat will set down a marker.
That was indeed a landmark performance, surpassed my expectations on nearly every level.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That was a really good win. We were fortunate with the reds I thought, but our pack absolutely annihilated theirs.

Great to get conference sewn up and we now have two games to give some guys a run and get ready for Munster.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

IanD wrote: March 6th, 2021, 7:34 pm Huge pressure on Cooney McCloskey and a little onStockdale.

Bad performance tonight and it could snuff out any Ireland chances
Stockdale did nothing to warrant a recall to Ireland but will probably happen.

McCloskey was shockingly poor against Leinster's 4th and 5th choice centres. (Assuming Frawley is 3rd choice). Why people want him I the Ireland team astounds me. As already mentioned his attitude is really poor at time - questioning the Ref after a yellow is just not clever.

Cooney was not great. I think Luke McGrath outshone him and Cooney was caught off side at least twice if not 3 times.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Anyone know the venue for the final? Assume it's Aviva?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

wixfjord wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:39 pm Anyone know the venue for the final? Assume it's Aviva?
Aviva or RDS as we have more points.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:34 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: March 5th, 2021, 12:10 pm
If the selected team can do well, it'll be a landmark performance. Not even looking to a win, but a performance even in defeat will set down a marker.
That was indeed a landmark performance, surpassed my expectations on nearly every level.
Few years ago, one Christmas, Sean O’Brien went to Ravenhill on the verge of the Ireland squad. Played 8 and just totally dominated. Leinster’s whole pack played like that tonight.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

D4surfer wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:41 pm
wixfjord wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:39 pm Anyone know the venue for the final? Assume it's Aviva?
Is that the way it works this season?
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

RDS please, hate the Aviva will a the daytrippers getting up for pints and talking shite.....Pints and a pew high in the South Terrace will do me nicely for another drubbing of the Turnips.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Superb performance from the lads. Obviously a huge effort from the pack, but Luke and Ross Byrne offered so much control, and then Max had a really impressive game and looked very confident and composed at fullback. So a really good team performance all round.

There seemed to be real focus and a sense of competitiveness and composure that hadn't been there in the last couple of games against NGD and Glasgow. Big performances from Bent, Dev and Fardy after iffy showings last week ... very good to see them back making big contributions.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

wixfjord wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm
D4surfer wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:41 pm
Is that the way it works this season?
Yes, pool winner with the most points gets home advantage.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Lots of issues for Ulster tonight but thought Balacoune and Lowry were great. Loved how Lowry immediately stepped in at ten when Madigan was down after the clash with JOB.

They’re so fragile though. Tough gig for them after the red but they lost the plot and were more interested in the niggly stuff and could easily have had three of four more cards. I know they rallied towards the end but the game was over by then.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Fan with smartphone wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm
Few years ago, one Christmas, Sean O’Brien went to Ravenhill on the verge of the Ireland squad. Played 8 and just totally dominated. Leinster’s whole pack played like that tonight.
I remember that one alright, it was so long ago it was on RTE!
I have Bumbleflex