Leinster exiles, where are they.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster exiles, where are they.

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dan Kelly came off the bench on 59 mins in Leicester Tiger's win against Sale today which saw three Red cards. Johnny McPhillips also benched for Tigers. Good to see Kelly at this level, although he came on at wing rather than centre.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

SOB was brilliant for LI today as they came back from a 6-34 deficit to eventually draw the game against Bristol. Oh how I miss him.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jack Regan makes his Super Rugby competitive debut for the Highlanders against the Crusaders on Friday
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/jack-regan-s ... but-462046

Eventful debut! Good for him. Must have been an amazing buzz.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Adeolokun came on for Bristol early in the 2nd half today. I'd forgotten he'd gone there.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Ruckedtobits wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:14 pm Dan Kelly came off the bench on 59 mins in Leicester Tiger's win against Sale today which saw three Red cards. Johnny McPhillips also benched for Tigers. Good to see Kelly at this level, although he came on at wing rather than centre.
Didn’t see today but notice he was in starting at 12. He did rightly last week when came in.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Another SO'B contribution for the London Irish cause for 60 minutes. Watching Will Connors v Italy and comparing his performance with the snippets of SO'B on BT, you'd certainly hope that Will would develop the physicality that is still evident when SO'B is in carrying mode. Awesome!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

CiaranIrl wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:27 pm https://www.balls.ie/rugby/jack-regan-s ... but-462046

Saw him play a few times in the Mitre 10 cup last year and he was brilliant. Always good for making a couple of yards in contact and a good defender.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: February 28th, 2021, 4:05 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:27 pm https://www.balls.ie/rugby/jack-regan-s ... but-462046

Saw him play a few times in the Mitre 10 cup last year and he was brilliant. Always good for making a couple of yards in contact and a good defender.
I saw him play in an Irish Youths vs Irish Schools game a good few years ago between Christmas and New Years in Ashbourne – definitely thought he had the makings of a Leinster player at the time.

It strikes me that there have been quite a few forwards who have been let go by various provinces or provincial academies or sub-academies who have ended up going down to NZ and prospering: Oli Jaeger, Conan O'Donnell, Gavin Thornbury and now Jack Regan. Harry Brewer played for Manawatu before heading to Japan to play for the Docomo Hurricanes too.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Jordan Coghlan is starting for Nottingham. I'll always be surprised this guy never made it at the top level, thought he was brilliant for the u20s and Munster and Leicester clearly saw something in him but just seems to have been unable to make the jump up.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Healy and Boyle scored tries for Connacht and Carberry score 5pts for the other team.
Keatley scored a rake of points for Glasgow,
Timoney and Cooney scored for Ulster against Leinster.
MacGinty scored for Sale
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Keith wrote: March 6th, 2021, 10:12 pm Jordan Coghlan is starting for Nottingham. I'll always be surprised this guy never made it at the top level, thought he was brilliant for the u20s and Munster and Leicester clearly saw something in him but just seems to have been unable to make the jump up.
He was a great athlete which led to an ill-fated spell at centre then more transition time back to backrow.
Injuries and above just meant his chance to shine at the right time,
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Keith wrote: March 6th, 2021, 10:12 pm Jordan Coghlan is starting for Nottingham. I'll always be surprised this guy never made it at the top level, thought he was brilliant for the u20s and Munster and Leicester clearly saw something in him but just seems to have been unable to make the jump up.
The guy is a walking, talking lesson in not listening to hair brained ideas about switching position.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

CiaranIrl wrote: March 6th, 2021, 11:51 pm
The guy is a walking, talking lesson in not listening to hair brained ideas about switching position.
not to listen to Joe Schmidt. Harrison Brewer another victim of joes obsession with size in the backline and of converting talented underage backrows to centre so he can have a big centre to run into walls.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 6th, 2021, 11:55 pm
not to listen to Joe Schmidt. Harrison Brewer another victim of joes obsession with size in the backline and of converting talented underage backrows to centre so he can have a big centre to run into walls.
I don't think leinster missed out on either but both definitely could have made better careers for themselves for sure. Where is Harrison Brewer now, I don't see him in the Panasonic wild knights squad?
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Keith wrote: March 7th, 2021, 12:45 am

I don't think leinster missed out on either but both definitely could have made better careers for themselves for sure. Where is Harrison Brewer now, I don't see him in the Panasonic wild knights squad?
Back in Terenure. Think he is nominally club captain this year.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

hugonaut wrote: March 7th, 2021, 8:49 am
Keith wrote: March 7th, 2021, 12:45 am

Back in Terenure. Think he is nominally club captain this year.
Cheers he did say in an interview in 2019 he didn't plan on staying in Japan for long. He'd be a great signing for an MLR club.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Ciaran Parker was starting for Jersey today against Sarries. Apparently Jersey's scrum went well.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Good for him.
Put himself in the shop window.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I was impressed with him in his short stint here. I'd say he'll be back in a province soon enough, once a gap appears in a squad. Assuming he's available.