A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote: January 25th, 2021, 7:53 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 25th, 2021, 7:50 pm
wixfjord wrote: January 25th, 2021, 6:53 pm The actual definition is that the ball must be thrown straight along the mark of where ball goes into touch.

Most lineouts are 1-2 degrees within this.

This particular lineout ended up being collected past the outside arm.

So it probably should've been called as crooked.

It wasn't, which is great for us.

But to block someone because they pointed out it probably was? Really like?!
You’re being a bit of a snowflake about this tbh...
Ah that's weak stuff OS, try harder!
That’s it you’re blocked
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 25th, 2021, 7:54 pm
wixfjord wrote: January 25th, 2021, 7:53 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 25th, 2021, 7:50 pm

You’re being a bit of a snowflake about this tbh...
Ah that's weak stuff OS, try harder!
That’s it you’re blocked
Haha much better :lol:
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 25th, 2021, 4:11 pm Image
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

I acknowledge that I wear blue tinted glasses but I really don’t understand this narrative that Munster was the better team and Leinster picked their pocket at the end.
Particularly when the same narrative effuses about the amazing Munster goal line defense and two critical, try saving turnovers.
The facts are that Leinster made more line breaks, carried for more meters, beat more defenders, had similar possessions and territory.
The reality is that the team that tried to play rugby was rewarded with a nice backline try and deservedly won.
wwed
Learner

Post by wwed »

Blue Man wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:03 pm I acknowledge that I wear blue tinted glasses but I really don’t understand this narrative that Munster was the better team and Leinster picked their pocket at the end.
Particularly when the same narrative effuses about the amazing Munster goal line defense and two critical, try saving turnovers.
The facts are that Leinster made more line breaks, carried for more meters, beat more defenders, had similar possessions and territory.
The reality is that the team that tried to play rugby was rewarded with a nice backline try and deservedly won.
Same. Munster were on top for first ten mins, after that Leinster played more and better rugby. Not much between teams overall but some of media coverage gives impression that Leinster stole match after being dominated - not game I saw.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Blue Man wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:03 pm I acknowledge that I wear blue tinted glasses but I really don’t understand this narrative that Munster was the better team and Leinster picked their pocket at the end.
To me it felt like we mugged them for two reasons:

1: I very rarely remember watching a match where the team leading on 60 minutes loses.
2: We didn’t look like bashing over the line and as that’s all we seemed to try in their 22 so I just couldn’t see us scoring a try in the last 20
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

With the clock in the red zone at the end of the first half, most teams would have used a penalty in their own 22 to end the half. This team, led by Sexton's doggedness, thought otherwise and put together a really impressive two minutes culminating in a dodgy enough penalty which was converted for a crucial three points. Hardly a word spoken about it in the media with all the focus on Hanrahan for missing the kick. You can be sure that if the roles were reversed we would never hear the end of the emotional tributes to the unique resilience of the Munster spirit.

It reminded me of the catastrophic end to the first half in the 2019 HC final if not quite as pivotal
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

enby wrote: January 26th, 2021, 2:13 am With the clock in the red zone at the end of the first half, most teams would have used a penalty in their own 22 to end the half. This team, led by Sexton's doggedness, thought otherwise and put together a really impressive two minutes culminating in a dodgy enough penalty which was converted for a crucial three points. Hardly a word spoken about it in the media with all the focus on Hanrahan for missing the kick. You can be sure that if the roles were reversed we would never hear the end of the emotional tributes to the unique resilience of the Munster spirit.

It reminded me of the catastrophic end to the first half in the 2019 HC final if not quite as pivotal
You're right there enby. They wouldn't write a Play about it but it would go down in the history books for sure.
Re the Media.
They are desperate for someone else to do something, anything. Leinster winning again and again is not good for the game outside Leinster. It dosen't sell.
We love it of course, but stories of accountants and solicitors sneaking into stadiums the night before a game would not be treated with a sense of humour and admiration. Far from it.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wwed wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:21 pm
Same. Munster were on top for first ten mins, after that Leinster played more and better rugby. Not much between teams overall but some of media coverage gives impression that Leinster stole match after being dominated - not game I saw.
One of the lessons from being a season ticket holder through the 2000's, just ignore the media. Our club and supporters got wound up by journalists and Munster fans trotting out lazy bullshit narratives about us being D4 ladyboys. Who cares what they think or if they try to build a new stereotype for us or Munster. Actual fans from both sides know better, always enjoy pints with them post game either here or in Limerick.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Thornley , the pillock at it again in IT today....

‘Then again, maybe the hollering from the home crowd over the crooked throw would have forced Andrew Brace or one of his assistants to make that call.’

Bitter and twisted... somebody really should have a wird with him ...😏
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

alanair wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:44 am Thornley , the pillock at it again in IT today....

‘Then again, maybe the hollering from the home crowd over the crooked throw would have forced Andrew Brace or one of his assistants to make that call.’

Again, if you look at it from behind it looks dead straight.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

alanair wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:44 am Thornley , the pillock at it again in IT today....

That's the perception of most of the Munster supporters I've read or talked to since Saturday.

It's fine by me to be honest. While they're concentrating on this sorta stuff they're not concentrating on fixing the real problems.

They think if they throw more bitterness on to the pile that will get them over the line the next time.
Chengleng1
Learner

Post by Chengleng1 »

blockhead wrote:

Bitter and twisted... somebody really should have a wird with him ...Image
Again, if you look at it from behind it looks dead straight.
I had a look at the lineout again multiple times given all the gripes and mentions, even GT has referenced it again today. Objectively I dont see it being that outrageously crooked. There's even a decent reference point with the grass line on the field. Kelleher stands ~1m off that line and Ryan comes down more or less in line with him. It is on the outside arm but that seems to be more due to jumping in or closing the gap

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Lineout definitely looked crooked, but was thinking alright that it could have been aided by Ryan jumping in a bit. Munster also had a couple of dodgy looking lineouts that weren't penalised, just theirs didn't amount to anything.

Wasn't a fan of JVG's downplaying of the quality of Leinster's try, making out that it was a but of a fluke:
"they score that try with the grubber that hits one of our lads, one guy slips and they score".
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

JVG is incredibly bitter, so no shock there.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Laighin Break wrote: January 26th, 2021, 2:00 pm Lineout definitely looked crooked, but was thinking alright that it could have been aided by Ryan jumping in a bit. Munster also had a couple of dodgy looking lineouts that weren't penalised, just theirs didn't amount to anything.

Wasn't a fan of JVG's downplaying of the quality of Leinster's try, making out that it was a but of a fluke:
"they score that try with the grubber that hits one of our lads, one guy slips and they score".
Definitely within the acceptable tolerance. If it was even close to being crooked then Brace/Neville would have called it.
"one guy slips" must be referring to Earls getting skinned alive by Larmour.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

enby wrote: January 26th, 2021, 2:13 am With the clock in the red zone at the end of the first half, most teams would have used a penalty in their own 22 to end the half. This team, led by Sexton's doggedness, thought otherwise and put together a really impressive two minutes culminating in a dodgy enough penalty which was converted for a crucial three points. Hardly a word spoken about it in the media with all the focus on Hanrahan for missing the kick. You can be sure that if the roles were reversed we would never hear the end of the emotional tributes to the unique resilience of the Munster spirit.

Tom Brady comparison who I believe Sexton is a big fan
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Laighin Break wrote: January 26th, 2021, 2:00 pm Lineout definitely looked crooked, but was thinking alright that it could have been aided by Ryan jumping in a bit. Munster also had a couple of dodgy looking lineouts that weren't penalised, just theirs didn't amount to anything.

Agreed - thought it was childish from JVG, he was pi**ed as I suspect he had felt they were finally going to get over the line but snatched from him. The reality of course is he is struggling to get any creative go forward from Munster and to be honest I'm not sure he has a clue how to change - signing players like Klein, Snyman, DDA is showing exactly his mindset - big lumps to pulverise the opposition under a hail of box kicks. He his bosh SA to the core.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Blue not red blood wrote: January 26th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Tom Brady comparison who I believe Sexton is a big fan
Sexton takes a lot more contact than Tom Brady.

But yeah I believe it that Sexton will try to play to the next world cup and it seems the IRFU are in on that plan. :|
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Match statistics don’t always tell the full story of a game but if you didn’t know the result of the game last Saturday and just looked at the statistics, you would deduce that Leinster won.

Which they did.