Fullback options going forward

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Fullback options going forward

Post by Flash Gordon »

riocard911 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 11:26 am
mildlyinterested wrote: November 25th, 2020, 11:02 am prefer to see Larmour on the wing going forward, think it suits his natural game and skillset better.
I tend to agree.
Not sure, the more space he has the more damage he causes - think his natural position is probably 13 but he may be a bit small for outside center given the physical contest it's become - though I've notice that when he plays Full back he often slots into a 13 or even 12 position when we have the ball. Think he still needs to learn positionally, as he says himself, but he was only moved to full back with Ireland U20's 2 or 3 years ago and still has to learn.

More and more in the modern game given it's become increasingly attritional, top squads need players who can cover a couple of positions.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

riocard911 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 11:26 am
mildlyinterested wrote: November 25th, 2020, 11:02 am prefer to see Larmour on the wing going forward, think it suits his natural game and skillset better.
I tend to agree.
I can live with Larmour with the wing but I'd like to understand the Ireland implications. Is it Stockdale at fullback, Lowe left wing when we want them on the park?

Or do you drop one and put Keenan/JOB/Daly at fullback?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Would be great if Munster played Conway at fullback so he could be live option there for Ireland. Seems to have all the attributes needed.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Jonny tight lips wrote: November 25th, 2020, 1:02 pm Would be great if Munster played Conway at fullback so he could be live option there for Ireland. Seems to have all the attributes needed.
Would prefer Daly. Has the talent and much younger.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Hugo Keenan(25/Blackrock/UCD)
Jimmy O'Brien(24/Newbridge/UCD)
Jordan Larmour(24/St. Andrews/St. Marys)
Michael Silvester(23/Clongowes/DUFC) - Yr 3.
Max O'Reilly(21/St. Gerards/DUFC) - Yr 1.
--
Jamie Osborne(U20/Naas RFC/Naas)
Chris Cosgrave(U20/St. Michaels/UCD)

I'd expect both Osborne and Cosgrave to join the academy. Unsure if Silvester will join the senior squad.

* age as of start of next season.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Good age profile for the three first team squad players. Keenan was fantastic vs Ulster. I suspect Larmour is better suited to the wing; less to worry about and he can just do his happy feet thing!