EUROPEAN CUP R1: Montpellier Away, 12/12, 6.30pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: EUROPEAN CUP R1: Montpellier Away, 12/12, 6.30pm

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Gearzbox2 wrote: December 13th, 2020, 1:18 pm Fantastic away performance in France which had all the makings of a massive banana skin
Think there needs to be a small pinch of salt with the win...Montpellier were awful, looked badly coached, unfit and totally unprepared for what European rugby against Leinster was going to be

Apart from that we looked so good especially opening 40 where we ran them ragged
Some of the footwork from our forwards was the best I’ve seen (Big Dev!!!, Rhys, Dooley) to name a few
Thought RB was very assured along with Lukey who I thought was close to motm

Only was worry was line out and the bench didn’t really offer a game changer moment bar leavy
Both hookers struggled at line out so maybe it was a system breakdown but I’m not sure
Tracey has never filled me with confidence come line out time tbh, it’s a skill we as a club can’t seem to coach to a very high level tbh
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

lineout was truly a mess.. worrying inability to get the basics right
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

blockhead wrote: December 13th, 2020, 11:32 pm DK scores his 46th try for Leinster.
Puts him only 1 behind God.
God. God. God.
Remarkable record, our rugby lads whatsapp has a Dave Kearney time of try scoring prediction league. If we was a kid coming through he'd be a shoe in for the Ireland squad.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Flash Gordon wrote: December 14th, 2020, 1:43 pm
blockhead wrote: December 13th, 2020, 11:32 pm DK scores his 46th try for Leinster.
Puts him only 1 behind God.
God. God. God.
Remarkable record, our rugby lads whatsapp has a Dave Kearney time of try scoring prediction league. If we was a kid coming through he'd be a shoe in for the Ireland squad.
Could you imagine the furore (in some quarters) if Dave Kearney was picked for Ireland ahead of, say, Andrew Conway? Even more than the fact that he deserves it, I want it to happen for that reason.

But I digress, any talk of Ireland must be entirely focused on: (a) Gavin Coombes being the son of Christ and Anthony Foley, and/or (b) "X Factor" Zebo being parachuted into the squad.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

joooooe wrote:Could you imagine the furore (in some quarters) if Dave Kearney was picked for Ireland ahead of, say, Andrew Conway? Even more than the fact that he deserves it, I want it to happen for that reason.

But I digress, any talk of Ireland must be entirely focused on: (a) Gavin Coombes being the son of Christ and Anthony Foley, and/or (b) "X Factor" Zebo being parachuted into the squad.
Yeah, Conway has been so poor for both Munster and Ireland the last few games. Basically non existent in the Autumn Internationals and had an outrageous missed tackle against Quins over the weekend, costing a try. Meanwhile, Dave has been rock solid in every department.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Serb wrote: December 14th, 2020, 8:46 pm
joooooe wrote:Could you imagine the furore (in some quarters) if Dave Kearney was picked for Ireland ahead of, say, Andrew Conway? Even more than the fact that he deserves it, I want it to happen for that reason.

Yeah, Conway has been so poor for both Munster and Ireland the last few games. Basically non existent in the Autumn Internationals and had an outrageous missed tackle against Quins over the weekend, costing a try. Meanwhile, Dave has been rock solid in every department.
Conway has been cast aside at international level for the moment, so not sure it would be a stretch to have Dave K picked ahead of him.
But at the moment he is in a shoot out with Hugo, Earls, stockdale and Larmour for a jersey in the upcoming 6 nations.
Of the listed players only Earls really excelled in the Mickey Mouse cup, Hugo may get handed the 15 jersey, so it would leave Dave K fighting it out with Stockdale and Larmour (should he be fit).

As a Munster and Ireland fan I really hope that Conway regains his form, as he was unreal before the break, but in current form I suspect he drops out of the Ireland squad.

Interesting that Dave now has the same number of tries that Conway has for Munster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

I wonder would we call it the 'Mickey Mouse' cup if Ireland had won?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

munster#1 wrote: December 14th, 2020, 11:08 pm

Interesting that Dave now has the same number of tries that Conway has for Munster.
Where are you seeing that Conway has same number as Dave?

It looks like Dave has now pulled ahead, 47 vs 46.
That try in the Amlin cup being the difference..

http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/andre ... 18835.html

http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/dave- ... 13695.html

Its a very tight battle, with both players able to play both wings and fullback.
Though on form as we all seem to agree Dave seems to be ahead..
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Double post
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

roarlad wrote: December 15th, 2020, 12:50 pm
munster#1 wrote: December 14th, 2020, 11:08 pm

Where are you seeing that Conway has same number as Dave?

It looks like Dave has now pulled ahead, 47 vs 46.
That try in the Amlin cup being the difference..

http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/andre ... 18835.html

http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/players/dave- ... 13695.html

Its a very tight battle, with both players able to play both wings and fullback.
Though on form as we all seem to agree Dave seems to be ahead..
Not sure what happened with your post?

I got 46 for Dave from the Leinster website, and your link appears to agree with that?

I wouldn’t agree that both on form would see Dave ahead.
Conway was the in unreal from just prior to the break, easily the best winger in the country IMO, even better than my mate Earls.
Saying that, rating players is very subjective, so I am not saying that you are wrong.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Look Average Dave is Average Dave - luckiest winger in the world, ball always bounces his way, endless walk in tries, manages to hide in defence......

46 walk in tries for Leinster and you are all nuts if you think he's better than Conway..................who is of course world classssssssss

Average Dave is Average Dave.

:D :D :D :D

On a totally serious note - he is everything you want in a reliable winger and has NEVER let Leinster down, he does all the basics well, is excellent in the air, always scores his tries, has a nose and the experience to be in the right place at the right time and defensively is right on the money & if needed can happily cover fullback.

For me when I see him on the wing everything is good !! Suspect the coaches love him as he's a dead cert in terms of performance.

How he has not got more Ireland caps is beyond me especially considering some of the unreliable and mixed wings we have had in recent years......but it's good as he gets more action for Leinster !!
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

They always say the best ability is availABILITY.

Dave has struggled in the past few years with a multitude of injuries.. not limited to:
hamstring, shoulder, ankle, toe, groin..
time for him to do more yoga?

If he had stayed fit, he would have had a lot more Irish caps.