Leinster’s Captaincy Options

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster’s Captaincy Options

Post by Oldschool »

Captaincy - definitely not Sexton purely because it just creates a problem in terms of succession at 10.
Ross - No 1 for the new season
Bro - 2
Sexton - 3.
What we should have learned from the last RWC is that we brought our first choice crocked OHs and look how that worked out (not the only reason)
So while Ross may lose out to the bro, I've no doubt he'll play for Ireland subsequently.
So it's about depth for Leinster and Ireland.
That's not to ignore the potential that Crowley and Lowry also and I wouldn't rule Carty out either.
Captaincy for Leinster - Ruddock for this coming season.
Captaincy for Ireland - Ryan.
Leavy just needs this season to get back to his best.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschool wrote: September 25th, 2020, 10:20 amCaptaincy for Leinster - Ruddock for this coming season.
Captaincy for Ireland - Ryan.
Leavy just needs this season to get back to his best.
+1

But will they dare take either Captaincy from Johnny? He wouldn’t make it easy for them. Unlike how Drico reluctantly accepted Paulie’s anointment.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

I hope the mods don't put the shackles on this discussion. It's great fun.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I see Sexton’s own biographer, Peter O’Reilly in the Sunday Times described Johnny’s voice as “too dominant” in the context of Leinster. He joins Drico, Birch and Murray Kinsella in pointing to the need to dial his influence down.

Meanwhile Johnny Watterson called for some NIQ signings.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

backrower8 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:27 am I see Sexton’s own biographer, Peter O’Reilly in the Sunday Times described Johnny’s voice as “too dominant” in the context of Leinster. He joins Drico, Birch and Murray Kinsella in pointing to the need to dial his influence down.

Meanwhile Johnny Watterson called for some NIQ signings.
Did Mr Watterson have any specific suggestions.
Is he trying to provide cover for his next article.
"Munster need to sign some NIQs"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I was talking to someone who watched the Saracens QF at Saracens. He was the only Leinster fan there and went with some pals from London.

He said the Sarries supporters were NOT happy that he was there, which surprised him. He expected a rugby club atmosphere but experienced something more akin to what might be expected from an English soccer club. “This is our manor, what are you doing here sort of vibe”.

The boys on the Eggchasers Podcast are mourning the demise of a wonderful club populated by “really beautiful people”. The match against us last week is cited as “proof“ that they weren’t defined by the cheating.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

backrower8 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 9:55 am I was talking to someone who watched the Saracens QF at Saracens. He was the only Leinster fan there and went with some pals from London.

He said the Sarries supporters were NOT happy that he was there, which surprised him. He expected a rugby club atmosphere but experienced something more akin to what might be expected from an English soccer club. “This is our manor, what are you doing here sort of vibe”.

The boys on the Eggchasers Podcast are mourning the demise of a wonderful club populated by “really beautiful people”. The match against us last week is cited as “proof“ that they weren’t defined by the cheating.
was it Pilotman?
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Good boy. The lads will be be v impressed.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Start of a new era: James Ryan to captain the Ireland senior team for the first time in this weekend's match vs England in Twickenham. Thrilled for him!!! Cometh the hour ...

https://www.the42.ie/james-ryan-ireland ... 6-Nov2020/