Ospreys away, Sunday, Nov 8th 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Ospreys away, Sunday, Nov 8th 3pm

Post by CiaranIrl »

Can anyone explain why Dave Kearney looked so disappointes to have scored that try? His reaction was very odd.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Sheehan's physicality is really impressive. Help up their 15 there and ripped the ball from him like a rag doll.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

wixfjord wrote: November 8th, 2020, 4:23 pm Sheehan's physicality is really impressive. Help up their 15 there and ripped the ball from him like a rag doll.
2 poor overthrows and looks uncomfortable in the scrum
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Annoying one there. Ref called advantage over as he kicked it
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Serb wrote: November 8th, 2020, 4:20 pm Harry Byrne looks crocked. Needs to come off I think. I wonder if there’s a reluctance to put Hawkshaw in at 10?
Why would there be a reluctance to bring him on at 10? That’s his best position
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

2 weeks in a row now for Ruddock (and much deserved). Mad how he's so overlooked by Irish management
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Ruddock really is such an incredible go-to option for the coaches. Regardless of the match, whether its a knock-out Heineken match or a scrappy error fest like today, he is always there to make the hard yards, the dominant tackle or the crucial turnover. Absolute legend
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Great to see Hughie at fullback and Hawkshaw on at 10
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Lineout has gone to shite since Sheehan came in. Shame because he has been v good around the park.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Being able to pick a pack with the likes of Tracy, Bent, Molony, Fardy, Murphy, Ruddock in it is a serious benefit in games like this. All properly physical, savvy pros who won't give an inch.

Good win.

Ospreys were very poor, but kept going in fairness.

JOB, ROL, Rhys were pick of the bunch for me.

Fardy's form is a bit of a worry, v. quiet again.

Hopefully TOB isn't too bad.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Laighin Break wrote: November 8th, 2020, 4:44 pm 2 weeks in a row now for Ruddock (and much deserved). Mad how he's so overlooked by Irish management

In the games so far this season Ruddock looks like he is playing in age grade match’s and he is about 5 years older than the rest of the players on the pitch. He looks in unbelievable shape and cardio wise he is still going as strong at the end as at the start.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Serb wrote: November 8th, 2020, 3:31 pm Is Shane Williams the co-commentator on Eir? He just called Jimmy O’Brien “Kimmy” O’Brien.
And on monday - whoever was commentating , called poor TOB .. ‘Tommy ODonnell’ ... he should get Trumps lawyers and sue !!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

How successive Irish Coaches have not recognised the effectiveness of Rhys Ruddock against Welsh teams is a mystery to me. For years past, and certainly again in this season, Rhys raises his game and lifts his team mates, particularly against the Welsh. Whatever differential the South Africans considered existed to define the Irish as soft and the Welsh as hard certainly doesn't apply to Ruddock. Scrupulously clean but hard as nails he epitomises what an Irish pack always needs against Wales.

It would be a real recognition of his current form if Farrell summoned Ruddock, even at this relatively late stage in the Autumn. But it would be deserved.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

How successive Irish Coaches have not recognised the effectiveness of Rhys Ruddock against Welsh teams is a mystery to me. For years past, and certainly again in this season, Rhys raises his game and lifts his team mates, particularly against the Welsh. Whatever differential the South Africans considered existed to define the Irish as soft and the Welsh as hard certainly doesn't apply to Ruddock. Scrupulously clean but hard as nails he epitomises what an Irish pack always needs against Wales.

It would be a real recognition of his current form if Farrell summoned Ruddock, even at this relatively late stage in the Autumn. But it would be deserved.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 8th, 2020, 5:09 pm How successive Irish Coaches have not recognised the effectiveness of Rhys Ruddock against Welsh teams is a mystery to me. For years past, and certainly again in this season, Rhys raises his game and lifts his team mates, particularly against the Welsh. Whatever differential the South Africans considered existed to define the Irish as soft and the Welsh as hard certainly doesn't apply to Ruddock. Scrupulously clean but hard as nails he epitomises what an Irish pack always needs against Wales.

Mmm... maybe ‘cause Rhys is Welsh ??
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Not the usual high level that we have come to expect from Leinster, but a BP win non the less.

Some calls to be made when the internationals return, none more so that Rhys, a few are pointing out that he should probably have been involved with Ireland.
When the internationals return, where does Rhys fit in?

Some good questions being asked about the Byrne brothers. I wonder if Ross’s lack of game time will go against him.

Strange to see Kearney looking so disappointed after his try, I wonder is he expressing his dissatisfaction at not being selected for the Irish squad?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Scrappy enough stuff until the end

H Bryne has a bit to go, didn’t control the game too well and we became a bit shapeless in attack..could be down to short turnaround
TOB had a good game along with Rhys obviously
Jimmy was busy too

Pack was bit ragged, had their moments in attack but again coughed up possession
Bench weren’t great, Sheehans darts were poor and scrum withered a bit but i liked the defensive tenacity they showed too to Keep they out so it wasn’t all bad

Nice to see Dave K move above Rob in the all time scoring
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Gearzbox2 wrote: November 8th, 2020, 5:35 pm Scrappy enough stuff until the end

H Bryne has a bit to go, didn’t control the game too well and we became a bit shapeless in attack..could be down to short turnaround
Jimmy was busy too

Pack was bit ragged, had their moments in attack but again coughed up possession
Bench weren’t great, Sheehans darts were poor and scrum withered a bit but i liked the defensive tenacity they showed too to Keep they out so it wasn’t all bad

God we’re very hard on our team !! ... 6 day turnaround , 2nd away match in a row , 5 points...

C’mon .. give them a break
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

alanair wrote: November 8th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Gearzbox2 wrote: November 8th, 2020, 5:35 pm Scrappy enough stuff until the end

Jimmy was busy too

God we’re very hard on our team !! ... 6 day turnaround , 2nd away match in a row , 5 points...

C’mon .. give them a break
Ok I’m sorry we were great, brilliant, incredible

Just my opinion on the game as I saw it...fully behind the team
Like I said in a earlier post....I believe this group could beat that osprey team by 30+
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yep harsh to call that pack performance 'a bit ragged'.

They picked a big 1-8 to go after us and between mins 20-60 we completely overwhelmed them. Our back row had theirs on toast.