Ospreys away, Sunday, Nov 8th 3pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Ospreys away, Sunday, Nov 8th 3pm

Post by wixfjord »

Good solid side again. Great to see Milne getting a shot with a full pack.

Ospreys side below.

Pretty sizeable pack which should be a test. Would imagine they're trying to match up to our size.
No real 7 for them in the side though so Penny might be able to make some hay.

Backs, beside Scott Williams, are pretty green though. 9/10/12 are inexperienced.

No Dan Evans at 15 either for them.

Last edited by wixfjord on November 7th, 2020, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 7th, 2020, 11:58 am Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Jimmy O’Brien (21)
14. Cian Kelleher (16)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (72)
12. Tommy O’Brien (6)
11. Dave Kearney (151)
10. Harry Byrne (13)
9. Luke McGrath (131)
1. Michael Milne (11)
2. James Tracy (113)
3. Michael Bent (144)
4. Ross Molony (99)
5. Scott Fardy (64)
6. Josh Murphy (35)
7. Scott Penny (16)
8. Rhys Ruddock (177) CAPTAIN

16. Dan Sheehan (2)
17. Peter Dooley (78)
18. Ciarán Parker (1)
19. Devin Toner (251)
20. Dan Leavy (65)
21. Hugh O’Sullivan (22)
22. David Hawkshaw (1)
23. Liam Turner (1)
Good that they feel confident to have Leavy cover the back row by himself, a positive step for him, although having Fardy playing helps.

I presume Frawley is injured because other wise he at least makes the bench.

Personally I’d of liked to see Dan given a start and I don’t see the point in investing minutes in Parker if he’s leaving shortly but a good team to go get 5 points tomorrow
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I think we'll be keeping Parker. He's cheap, Irish, has looked solid and with Bent possibly coming to an end we could do with the depth to protect Clarkson a bit.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

wixfjord wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:13 pm I think we'll be keeping Parker. He's cheap, Irish, has looked solid and with Bent possibly coming to an end we could do with the depth to protect Clarkson a bit.
He’s not Irish he’s English
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

wixfjord wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:13 pm I think we'll be keeping Parker. He's cheap, Irish, has looked solid and with Bent possibly coming to an end we could do with the depth to protect Clarkson a bit.
Will probably depend on Furlong and Abdaladze's injuries. If Vakh isn't going to be fit before the 6N, then we'll still need Parker until the end of March.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Pilotman123 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:18 pm
Irish qualified.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

cormac wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:20 pm
Will probably depend on Furlong and Abdaladze's injuries. If Vakh isn't going to be fit before the 6N, then we'll still need Parker until the end of March.
Yeah Vakh and his return from injury is the big question. Doesn't sound great at the moment but I hope he'll be back.

As an aside, it has been interesting to see Parker's body shape changing since he joined. Looks like he has lost a few kgs and is more mobile.
Leinster S&C doing a job on him.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:28 pm
Yeah Vakh and his return from injury is the big question. Doesn't sound great at the moment but I hope he'll be back.

As an aside, it has been interesting to see Parker's body shape changing since he joined. Looks like he has lost a few kgs and is more mobile.
Leinster S&C doing a job on him.
That seems really odd given that he was only released in the summer by Munster and has barely been involved with Jersey.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

curates_egg wrote: November 6th, 2020, 4:13 pm 100th cap for Molony, assuming he plays.
Fair play to him. No headlines since his first season, but has been a very reliable performer for us since then.
Confirmed. Congrats to him.
Only 26. Could go on for ten more years.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Will probably also depend on Jersey.

I’m still quietly hoping that Parker bolts like Mike Ross did.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Good core of very experienced forwards around Milne and Penny. A decent test for both with the assurance of Dooley & Dan on the bench. Players will learn fast in that environment but Milne in particular will have to focus his mind on his scrummaging.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Pilotman123 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 12:18 pm
According to Wikapedia , although he played underage for Engerland , he IS. Irish Qualified
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

curates_egg wrote: November 7th, 2020, 1:23 pm
curates_egg wrote: November 6th, 2020, 4:13 pm 100th cap for Molony, assuming he plays.
Fair play to him. No headlines since his first season, but has been a very reliable performer for us since then.
Confirmed. Congrats to him.
Only 26. Could go on for ten more years.
Luckily for us scouts around Europe aren't doing their job. It's a miracle that we have been able to retain the likes of Bent and Molony in the squad.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

miracle might be overstating it for me..
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 7th, 2020, 3:24 pm miracle might be overstating it for me..
It's a bit of a tongue in cheek comment but they certainly could have successful club careers elsewhere. But as we've seen with interviews with other players, they are happy to be in this environment even if they are not 1st/2nd choice players, which is a credit to the club.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Keith wrote: November 7th, 2020, 3:40 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: November 7th, 2020, 3:24 pm miracle might be overstating it for me..
It's a bit of a tongue in cheek comment but they certainly could have successful club careers elsewhere. But as we've seen with interviews with other players, they are happy to be in this environment even if they are not 1st/2nd choice players, which is a credit to the club.
Can agree with all of that.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I would say he is affordable
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Do we know if frawley is actually injured or just out of favour at moment? This is a big season for him to be fair. Is he a ten or a 12? Massive call for him to make. If he's a ten then he might need to move on but I'm hoping he stays. He's a very talented lad but at his age he needs some decent minutes and even when fit he won't be getting a start. Any thoughts?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

carlow man wrote: November 7th, 2020, 6:20 pm Do we know if frawley is actually injured or just out of favour at moment? This is a big season for him to be fair. Is he a ten or a 12? Massive call for him to make. If he's a ten then he might need to move on but I'm hoping he stays. He's a very talented lad but at his age he needs some decent minutes and even when fit he won't be getting a start. Any thoughts?
Nobody needs to move, with JS and RB away at Ireland camp or maybe JS retiring And HB getting a cap we need to be able to field a team during international windows.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Leinster earned an impressive win last Monday against a Glasgow team stacked with international backs. They also got another four try bonus point to maintain their record of obtaining maximum points from all four fixtures this season. A number of youngsters stood out like Harry Byrne, Scott Penny and Tommy O'Brien. A special mention needs to go to Jimmy O'Brien who once again filled in at full back with aplomb.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.