MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: MNR: Glasgow away, 2nd Nov, 8.15pm

Post by dropkick »

What is Tommy O'Brien's best position? He has fantastic acceleration which is what you need at center and I see he is 95kg which is heavier than he looks.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

wixfjord wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:00 pm For a lad who hasn't got as rounded a game as Ben Healy, Harry Byrne sure can run a backline...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

dropkick wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:24 am What is Tommy O'Brien's best position? He has fantastic acceleration which is what you need at center and I see he is 95kg which is heavier than he looks.
I like him best at 14. But wait and see.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Ironic then that when Fardy et al came on Glasgow started to rally and only for a harsh penalty on a Harley clear out would probably have been right back in the game.

RO'L's performance deserves a mention and is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

outcast eddie wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Ironic then that when Fardy et al came on Glasgow started to rally and only for a harsh penalty on a Harley clear out would probably have been right back in the game.

RO'L's performance deserves a mention and is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
Would have to see a replay of the incident but not sure Molony was part of the ruck when he was cleaned out by Harley. He also took him well beyond the ruck which is something refs are supposed to be clamping down on.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yep I thought that pen was bang on. Molony wasn't part of the ruck imo and Harley purposely cleared him well beyond to make a hole. Don't know what Fez & Hamilton were on about.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I was very pleased by Kelleher's performance also. Fierce competition in the back 3 suddenly.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:28 am
dropkick wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:24 am What is Tommy O'Brien's best position? He has fantastic acceleration which is what you need at center and I see he is 95kg which is heavier than he looks.
I like him best at 14. But wait and see.
I agree. I would have liked to see him at fullback at the start of last season [Sep 2019], but Hugo Keenan has been excellent there for us and has done very well on the wing for Ireland, so it's just not the gap I thought it was.

I always say this about Tommy, but he is a blue-chip prospect. He has the whole package - pace, bravery, intelligence, competitiveness, technique, toughness. He played through a lot of pain captaining the U20s in his second year [2018] and didn't necessarily have the opportunity to show his full potential, but he has a very, very high ceiling.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

wixfjord wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 9:08 am Despite him not getting much ball, I thought Kelleher was again impressive last night. Tackled like a demon, his acceleration off the mark means he constantly takes contact going forward and he marshalled Matawalu well.
Yeah, he often reminds me of Felix Jones the way he accelerates into contact.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

cormac wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am
outcast eddie wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am Rhys was epic and fully deserved his MOTM award, his performance was the just type of Fardyesque rallying point the pack needed to break the spirit of Glasgow's forwards in the first half.

Would have to see a replay of the incident but not sure Molony was part of the ruck when he was cleaned out by Harley. He also took him well beyond the ruck which is something refs are supposed to be clamping down on.
That is what I thought as well. Ferris kept saying how harsh it was for the rest of the game but it looked like one of the more obvious penalties to me.

I did think generally we were getting turnover penalties easier than they were, in fact we often got the penalty when I thought their turnovers were clean, there was one with Matawalu being told he was leaning on his hands which springs to mind that I thought was really harsh. I don’t mind taking those victories :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

outcast eddie wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
This would cause a few apoplectic turnips.

Bent has been great in the scrum for a long time. My stream only kicked in at 7-7 as we won the scrum penalty that Harry Byrne kicked for a 3 pointer. I'm not sure if it was the commentator or Ferris who commented that Bent being dominant in the scrum was unusual in a sarcastic fashion. A badly informed comment.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

cormac wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am

The Penalty was nailed on... not only was Molony not part of the breakdown.... but the alleged ‘clear out’... was a nailed in side entry ... so 2 choices for Penalty
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

D4surfer wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm
outcast eddie wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:53 am is Michael Bent closing in on another Ireland cap?
This would cause a few apoplectic turnips.

Bent has been great in the scrum for a long time. My stream only kicked in at 7-7 as we won the scrum penalty that Harry Byrne kicked for a 3 pointer. I'm not sure if it was the commentator or Ferris who commented that Bent being dominant in the scrum was unusual in a sarcastic fashion. A badly informed comment.
"Hardly renowned for his scrummaging" was the comment from the commentator. Utter nonsense.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Keith wrote: November 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?
Its available on https://www.rugbylist.ws/ - you just need to sign up
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Xanthippe wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Keith wrote: November 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm Is there anywhere you can catch the game in full?
Unfortunately this site doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks for trying though.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Full game on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QS23QtcTHkI
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Keith wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:20 pm
Xanthippe wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Unfortunately this site doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks for trying though.
I have never used it but just decided to register to see how it worked. 30 seconds. You need an email address. To choose a username and password then open the email they send you. You can then watch games.

I prefer downloading the torrent from across the tasman but this works fine.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If you have an adblocker on, turn it off, that was an issue for me originally when I tried to sign up
I have Bumbleflex
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:27 pm Full game on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QS23QtcTHkI
Perfect thanks!