Donald Trump - Have your say.

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Donald Trump - Have your say.

Post by cormac »

Biden now leading in both Georgia and Pennsylvania.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Trump no longer leading in the voting of any outstanding State except North Carolina. Biden leads in five States - Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Arizona. The trend in each of the first three states is firmly in favour of Biden whilst Trump has eroded a little bit of Biden's 47,000 lead in Arizona.

At this point the strong likelihood is that Biden will win with more than 300 electoral votes.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

DDHQ have called PA for Biden.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Can we stop talking about this loser?

It will be 300ish for Biden in the college.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote: November 6th, 2020, 2:57 pm Can we stop talking about this loser?

He is such a loser, wonder what damage he’ll do before Jan 21st
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:07 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: November 6th, 2020, 2:57 pm Can we stop talking about this loser?

Very little IMO. In a lot of cases the business of govt continues as it did even when Trump tweets. Not too long ago the DOJ had to argue in court that the President hadn't declassified anything and his tweets are meaningless.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

paddyor wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Very little IMO. In a lot of cases the business of govt continues as it did even when Trump tweets. Not too long ago the DOJ had to argue in court that the President hadn't declassified anything and his tweets are meaningless.
Pardons - they'll be flying around like confetti
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

There are 2 seats in the senate likely going to a runoff. Anything that is too offensive to moderates gives up the Senate.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

ronk wrote: November 6th, 2020, 5:43 pm There are 2 seats in the senate likely going to a runoff. Anything that is too offensive to moderates gives up the Senate.
I've no idea what you mean by that. The senate majority is dominated by real extremists who will, and have, bent and broken the law to push their views. Moderate appointments were not passed while extremist and unfor ones with insufficient qualifications, either technical or ethical or unfit ones were. It is not a place of moderate dealmaking and the reasonable business of government where compromise and consensus are sought.

On the plus side, Mitch McConnell appears to have the Greyscale so at least there is that.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:46 pm
ronk wrote: November 6th, 2020, 5:43 pm There are 2 seats in the senate likely going to a runoff. Anything that is too offensive to moderates gives up the Senate.
I've no idea what you mean by that.
I presume he means that in the election for Georgia's two senate seats neither candidate reached the 50% threashold required under Georgia law, so there will be a run-off election for each seat. If Trump says or does anything to alienate or offend moderate Georgian Republicans (by, for example, insulting their state as he has done to PA and MI) then he may be putting those seats, and thus the Republican majority in the Senate, at risk
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:50 pm
I've no idea what you mean by that.
I presume he means that in the election for Georgia's two senate seats neither candidate reached the 50% threashold required under Georgia law, so there will be a run-off election for each seat. If Trump says or does anything to alienate or offend moderate Georgian Republicans (by, for example, insulting their state as he has done to PA and MI) then he may be putting those seats, and thus the Republican majority in the Senate, at risk
Yes exactly
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I've no idea what you mean by that. The senate majority is dominated by real extremists who will, and have, bent and broken the law to push their views. Moderate appointments were not passed while extremist and unfor ones with insufficient qualifications, either technical or ethical or unfit ones were. It is not a place of moderate dealmaking and the reasonable business of government where compromise and consensus are sought.

On the plus side, Mitch McConnell appears to have the Greyscale so at least there is that.
:lol: I just love this post. Someone says they have no idea what a poster means and follows it by speaking riddles in Latin.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Given that in excess of c.102m ballots out of a total poll of c.150-152m were cast by postal vote, under various different State Laws for postal balloting, it is inconceivable that the US Supreme Court would potentially disenfrancise 2/3rds of voters by over-ruling the validity of any State's legislative provisions for postal voting.

Whilst it is possible that the Supreme Court might set out recommendations for future Legislation on postal voting which should be recognised by each State in determining its own legislation on postal balloting, this will not impact on ballots duly cast in any State under existing legislation, subject to such legislation being non-discriminatory and without fundamental flaw at variance with the US Constitution.

The separation of authority between the US Supreme Court and State Courts is one of the basic tenets of the US Constitution and if this ideal was to be overturned, it could lead to civil war, at least of a legalistic nature, as States such as California and Delaware would rail against any alteration in the current legal balance.

Hopefully, the polls in all outstanding Counties and States will be completed before any State or Supreme Court acceptance of jurisdiction of any Injunction or demand to cease counting. If Biden has been legitimately declared (albeit informally by the major broadcasting Corporations) the winner in Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Arizona, despite Trump being declared the winner in Alaska and North Carolina, Biden will have accumulated in excess of 300 Electoral College votes which no sane authority in the US would attempt to overturn.

Postal ballots in every State include those cast by US Military and US diplomatic staff serving overseas. The administration and postal arrangements for all such voting is handled by US Government officials on behalf of the respective voters. To disenfranchise such employees of the US Government would be to invite retribution on a widespread scale.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

There's not a chance SCOTUS will disenfranchise anyone.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ding Dong,
The Witch is dead,
The wicked Witch is dead!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

so we're all in agreement that it's a total shitshow now and he's revealed himself to be a totally amoral grifter.

glad that's settled
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The Doc wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:34 pm
paddyor wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Pardons - they'll be flying around like confetti
It seems I underestimated
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Yup, I fully expected a stunt of some magnitude but it turned out he’s far too inept to stage a coup.

Frightening to see the police opening up the fences, letting the mob through and taking selfies with the seditionists. A massive contrast with the teargassing of BLM protesters in Lafayette square last year.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:09 pm Yup, I fully expected a stunt of some magnitude but it turned out he’s far too inept to stage a coup.

Frightening to see the police opening up the fences, letting the mob through and taking selfies with the seditionists. A massive contrast with the teargassing of BLM protesters in Lafayette square last year.
He's not too inept to get the movement activated, unfortunate for him that they gas lit themselves via Qannon to believing that Trump was going to be the leader of the revolution/resistance and he had a whole 2nd state mechanism that would draw their guns and turn on the deep state operatives. They got to capitol hill and took selfies because that's where they live, in a space where they can be whoever they wish to be. Yesterday was revolutionist LARPing.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote: January 8th, 2021, 4:20 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:09 pm Yup, I fully expected a stunt of some magnitude but it turned out he’s far too inept to stage a coup.

He's not too inept to get the movement activated, unfortunate for him that they gas lit themselves via Qannon to believing that Trump was going to be the leader of the revolution/resistance and he had a whole 2nd state mechanism that would draw their guns and turn on the deep state operatives. They got to capitol hill and took selfies because that's where they live, in a space where they can be whoever they wish to be. Yesterday was revolutionist LARPing.
True that, rabble rousing coward.

Hope they do whatever needs to be done to ensure this odious toad at least never gets to run for elected office again.