Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Re: Pro 14 final, Sept 12th.

Post by Jonny tight lips »

I think we’ll see a lot more rotation, particularly up front with the likes of Deegan, Josh and Ed Byrne starting and Ross, JGP and Kearney starting in the backs. After this one you (Hopefully) got three weeks in a row in Europe so now is the time to rest lads.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flippity Heck, the balls on that lad
I have Bumbleflex
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

wixfjord wrote: September 5th, 2020, 8:40 pm This is a really poor game. Ulster have been awful.

Van Der Merwe looking very classy for Embra.

Connors might be given a job marshalling Mata next weekend.
What?! Were you watching a replay of yesterday's game? That was one of the best semi finals I've seen in a loooong time.
Last edited by joooooe on September 5th, 2020, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Holy Moly Madser!
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

joooooe wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:20 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 5th, 2020, 8:40 pm This is a really poor game. Ulster have been awful.

What?! Were you watching s replay of yesterday's game? That was one of the best semi finals I've seen in a loooong time.
Well in fairness I posted that at half time :lol:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

joooooe wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:20 pm

What?! Were you watching s replay of yesterday's game? That was one of the best semi finals I've seen in a loooong time.
First half was poor, second half much better. Those kicks were never in doubt
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

I nearly switched it off at half time. Glad i didn't!
BOD is GOD!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Madser has found a new home.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I still think we'll have enough for Ulster even making a few changes, but it'll be a different side than what showed up last week.

In the last 20 they looked much better.

Will be interesting to see whether Mathewson starts. Cooney was chronic again.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Delighted for Mads :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Jonny tight lips wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:04 pm I think we’ll see a lot more rotation, particularly up front with the likes of Deegan, Josh and Ed Byrne starting and Ross, JGP and Kearney starting in the backs. After this one you (Hopefully) got three weeks in a row in Europe so now is the time to rest lads.
You do realise next week is a Pro14 final
Our biggest game of the year so far...why would you make drastic changes like that...josh Murphy straight in to start a final???
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

blockhead wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:26 pm Madser has found a new home.
He could teach JJ Hanrahan a thing or two.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Well at least we have a final now....twas going to be a walkover as Edinburgh would have be in 14 day quarantine flying to Dublin :) Ulster boys can sneak across the open border and make it to the Aviva unimpeded , thanks Madser !!!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Gearzbox2 wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:30 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:04 pm I think we’ll see a lot more rotation, particularly up front with the likes of Deegan, Josh and Ed Byrne starting and Ross, JGP and Kearney starting in the backs. After this one you (Hopefully) got three weeks in a row in Europe so now is the time to rest lads.
Our biggest game of the year so far...why would you make drastic changes like that...josh Murphy straight in to start a final???
Yes the title of the thread is a giveaway, Josh Murphy has played well all season and is much better than anything Ulster are gonna out at 6. He Is a big part of this unbeaten run deserves better than 3 question marks.

The full team played yesterday, if they play tomorrow and we’re serious about winning Europe that’s 5 straight weeks of them playing and 6 weeks in 7 so I’d say rest some now. The quarter with Saracens is more important than the pro 14/12 so everything should be focused on that.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Delighted for Ulster & Mads ...
final is far from forgone conclusion ... Ulster will come with nothing to loose - def underdogs , and if they play with spirit they did in 2nd half - we might struggle
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

RavenhillRaider wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:26 pm I nearly switched it off at half time. Glad i didn't!
I did. Oops.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Pro 14 final, Sept 12th.

Post by Twist »

Lyttle’s try was a peach!

It took them 54 minutes to score and they ended up with 22 points. I’d say there’s a good chance we’ll be seeing Matthewson from the start next Saturday.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

neiliog93 wrote:
RavenhillRaider wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:26 pm I nearly switched it off at half time. Glad i didn't!
I did. Oops.
Its on TG4 now
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

There will be some rotation but it will be a strong team. A final is a final, and the coaching staff have said they're treating this bloc of matches as a world cup. That said, I think they might rotate in positions where there is little difference in quality between the different options, but keep the first choice where there is a significant drop-off in quality (e.g. Cian Healy at loosehead). I can also see them benching Sexton as he might not have the durability to be at peak performance starting three matches in a row, but he'll still be ready to come off the bench if/when needed.

Maybe something like this:

1.Healy 2.S.Cronin 3.Porter

4.Fardy 5.Baird

6.Ruddock 8.Deegan 7.VDF

9.JGP 10.R.Byrne 12.Henshaw 13.Ringrose 14.Keenan

11.Larmour 15.R.Kearney

16.R.Kelleher 17.E.Byrne 18.Furlong (?) 19.Toner 20.Doris 21.L.McGrath 22.Sexton 23.O'Loughlin
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Gearzbox2 wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:30 pm
Well said. The idea that we would not play our absolute best team in a final is bonkers, mad Ted. Balls out, death or glory for the Pro14 final. And we then focus on Sarries on Monday morning.
Ulster have no fear of us, to many Leinster guys in the squad for that.
Plumber will have our team focused on winning our 12th trophy.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!