Ireland u20 2020

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland u20 2020

Post by dropkick »

Looking like it's going to be tight if ireland cant turn the tide.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:14-29 now. England looking far more physical in the second half. Their number 8 has let three balls go through him at the back of the scrum. Huge man but brutal rugby player.
Make that 4 times! Incredible!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Thomas Aherne is going to be a superstar
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That'll do it! Tom Ahern has been brilliant, had a great turnover a loose ball a few minutes ago that really saved us.

That English number 8 is incredibly poor. All the size and power in the world but completely ineffective and has made at least 5 terrible errors.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

21 39 just f@cking wow.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The slam definitely on for this team. Italy at home and then a French team that have lost two games already. Hope they stay injury free because they really should deliver a slam now and could do big things at the JWC. Brilliant performance, well done everyone :happy clapper:
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

The scary thing is next years team is meant to be even better...frightening amount of talent coming through the system
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This is the best performance by a 20's/21's Irish team that I've ever seen.

The pack has been out of this world. Backs all looking really dangerous too and we're mixing it up brilliantly. That offload...wow
Me too. First half was rugby from heaven. Never seen such an exciting and brilliant 40 minutes from an Irish 20s side. In fact, it was one of the best halves I've ever seen seen any Irish side play!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

hugonaut wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This is the best performance by a 20's/21's Irish team that I've ever seen.

The pack has been out of this world. Backs all looking really dangerous too and we're mixing it up brilliantly. That offload...wow
Me too. First half was rugby from heaven. Never seen such an exciting and brilliant 40 minutes from an Irish 20s side. In fact, it was one of the best halves I've ever seen seen any Irish side play!
+1
And so say all of us.

Noel Mac & Colm Tucker (and all the others involved) should just have a pint or two in celebration of a great coaching achievement which is ensuring that this Squad can produce more than the sum of their parts. Drawn from three Provinces & Exiles, they really have developed as a team and shown great appetite for work and cohesion in defence.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Missed this?

Any idea if it will be repeated? Across The Tasman don't seem to do the 6N 20s games either.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Morf wrote:Missed this?

Any idea if it will be repeated? Across The Tasman don't seem to do the 6N 20s games either.
Rugbylist can't find a link anywhere either. Feck it anyway.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Great performance. The first half was one of the best attacking displays from an irish team I've seen. The handling was great in the first 2 rounds but they took it up another notch again. They have the talent to attack from anywhere.

I thought they tired again in the second half but it was to be expected. The pace of the game was very high.

Noel McNamara has a bright future. He seems to be able to get the players in the right frame of mind which is half the battle to winning rugby matches. And they looked cohesive and creative too. A nice blend.

17 tries in 3 games so far in weather that hasn't been great.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Anybody know if there is a link to this? Even highlights? Also anyone know where there is highlights to the U20's Wales/Ireland game?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

dropkick wrote:Great performance. The first half was one of the best attacking displays from an irish team I've seen. The handling was great in the first 2 rounds but they took it up another notch again. They have the talent to attack from anywhere.

I thought they tired again in the second half but it was to be expected. The pace of the game was very high.

Noel McNamara has a bright future. He seems to be able to get the players in the right frame of mind which is half the battle to winning rugby matches. And they looked cohesive and creative too. A nice blend.

Another plus is the source of the players. Spread (not evenly admittedly) right across all four Provinces and the Exiles, it is a very positive sign that each area has contributed:
* Connacht - 1 player
* Munster - 3 players
* Ulster - 5 players
* Leinster - 14 players
* Exiles - 1 players

17 tries in 3 games so far in weather that hasn't been great.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

McNulty, Hyde and Kelly are all exiles.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

sunshiner1 wrote:Anybody know if there is a link to this? Even highlights? Also anyone know where there is highlights to the U20's Wales/Ireland game?
Ireland v Wales U20 is on https://www.rugbylist.ws
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Hopefully england game is posted.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

reland v Wales U20 is on https://www.rugbylist.ws
Thanks!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That'll do it! Tom Ahern has been brilliant, had a great turnover a loose ball a few minutes ago that really saved us.

That English number 8 is incredibly poor. All the size and power in the world but completely ineffective and has made at least 5 terrible errors.
Agree on both. First time I'd seen Ahern play, really impressed.

That monster 8 slowed down going into contact. Fancy footwork doesn't do much if you stop and wait to be hit. He could be a much better player if he wanted to be.