Broadband and Sports packages.

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

nc6000
Mullet

Re: Broadband and Sports packages.

Post by nc6000 »

I'm not impressed with this latest change. I was getting Eir Sports & BT for free with my Eir broadband. To make things even better, I was on a €35 12 month introductory offer. Now my Eir broadband is due to go up to €76 and I'll have to pay for BT separately. :shock:

Looking into this further I see if I move by broadband to another provider then I'll still have to pay two subs to have the BT & Eir packs added to my Sky.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Virgin Sports and Eir Sports will now be available on each other's platforms. At no extra cost to existing Virgin Media customers. Good news for a change. As a VM customer that's the RWC, 6N & Pro14 covered. Just need to go to the pub for the away "I can't believe it's not the Heineken Cup" matches.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... 3?mode=amp

Might ditch my sky box and go virgin. I have them for bb and phone anyway
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

John23 wrote:Virgin Sports and Eir Sports will now be available on each other's platforms. At no extra cost to existing Virgin Media customers. Good news for a change. As a VM customer that's the RWC, 6N & Pro14 covered. Just need to go to the pub for the away "I can't believe it's not the Heineken Cup" matches.
Excellent news.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

One absolutely humongous pain in the ass is that because, technically, its a new subscription, you can't watch any BT Sport recordings you have stored on your Sky Box
I have Bumbleflex
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Any other UK dwellers have their Premier Sports account cancelled/not renewed?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

jimbobjoe wrote:Any other UK dwellers have their Premier Sports account cancelled/not renewed?
Not as far as I know. They processed an annual renewal for me but I havent checked whether I have access yet.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

domhnallj wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Any other UK dwellers have their Premier Sports account cancelled/not renewed?
Not as far as I know. They processed an annual renewal for me but I havent checked whether I have access yet.
It's a weird one - I don't recall cancelling and have no record of it. Doesn't look like I've been billed in a couple of months too.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Just checked and I have access to premier sports. They didn’t invoice me, I just saw the charge for £100 against my account earlier this month.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Weird one although I was paying monthly so they could have a different policy to annual payments. Missing the first few Leinster games anyway so I'll wait til November and maybe the price will go down.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

With the HC on the horizon, I need to get BT Sport without losing Eir Sport. I dont need Sky Sports. Is the best the vodafone TV & broadband package @ €65 pm plus an extra €35 for BT & Premier Sport? €100 pm is a bit of a jump a I am currently on about €60 or €70 pm with EIR which last year included BT.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Vodafone is not a bad shout. 40 bucks a month is steep though if all you want is 6 to 9 Leinster games a year in the champs cup. Don't forget the pro14 is geoblocked on premier sports for at least 2 seasons.

I don't know what their tele product is like either. It seems that nothing can touch sky though.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

johng wrote:Vodafone is not a bad shout. 40 bucks a month is steep though if all you want is 6 to 9 Leinster games a year in the champs cup. Don't forget the pro14 is geoblocked on premier sports for at least 2 seasons.

I don't know what their tele product is like either. It seems that nothing can touch sky though.
Thks
what does "geoblocked" mean?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

El Diablo wrote:
johng wrote:Vodafone is not a bad shout. 40 bucks a month is steep though if all you want is 6 to 9 Leinster games a year in the champs cup. Don't forget the pro14 is geoblocked on premier sports for at least 2 seasons.

Thks
It’s like geobollocked but without the gin
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

El Diablo wrote:

Thks
Blocking access to something based on your geographic location.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It means pro 14 is only available on eir in the rep of Ireland for the next 2 seasons
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I finally got round to switching from Eir to Vodafone to get H Cup rugby back. The Vodafone TV package includes Eir Sports 1 and Premier Sports apparently so I will get all the Pro 14 between these 2. I hope I wont regret it. Hopefully their broadband and back up service etc. is ok. Any good/bad experiences of Vodafone TV & broadband?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

El Diablo wrote:I finally got round to switching from Eir to Vodafone to get H Cup rugby back. The Vodafone TV package includes Eir Sports 1 and Premier Sports apparently so I will get all the Pro 14 between these 2. I hope I wont regret it. Hopefully their broadband and back up service etc. is ok. Any good/bad experiences of Vodafone TV & broadband?
Maybe I'm missing something but how will that switch to Vodafone get you HEC Rugby coverage?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

cormac wrote:
El Diablo wrote:I finally got round to switching from Eir to Vodafone to get H Cup rugby back. The Vodafone TV package includes Eir Sports 1 and Premier Sports apparently so I will get all the Pro 14 between these 2. I hope I wont regret it. Hopefully their broadband and back up service etc. is ok. Any good/bad experiences of Vodafone TV & broadband?
Maybe I'm missing something but how will that switch to Vodafone get you HEC Rugby coverage?
They also have BT Sport as an add on.
https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/tv/tv-channels.html
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

You will get pro14 on Eir but not on Premier.