Ulster 2018-2019

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Ulster 2018-2019

Post by Logorrhea »

Aird wrote:Fairly cheap shots at a guy who holds genuine beliefs, it may not be your taste but not doing anyone any harm.
Just eh ................... turn the other cheek mate.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

neill_m wrote:Teams in for Semi Final No 1 Fri 7:35pm (Premier Sports 1 / Eir Sport 1 / TG4 9:30pm)

Glasgow: (15-9) S Hogg; T Seymour, K Steyn, S Johnson, DTH vd Merwe; A Hastings, A Price; (1-8) J Bhatti, F Brown, Z Fagerson; S Cummings, J Gray; R Harley, C Gibbins (c), M Fagerson.

(16-23): G Stewart, O Kebble, D Rae, R Wilson, T Gordon, G Horne, P Horne, H Jones.

Ulster: (15-9): J Stockdale; R Baloucoune, L Marshall, S McCloskey, L Ludik; B Burns, J Cooney; (1-8): E O’Sullivan, R Best (captain), R Kane, I Henderson, K Treadwell, N Timoney, J Murphy, M Coetzee;

(16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, T O’Toole, A O’Connor, S Reidy, D Shanahan, M Lowry, D Cave.

Glasgow 9 points favourites with PP.
Don't think it will be anything like that easy.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

kermischocolate wrote:
neill_m wrote:Teams in for Semi Final No 1 Fri 7:35pm (Premier Sports 1 / Eir Sport 1 / TG4 9:30pm)

Glasgow: (15-9) S Hogg; T Seymour, K Steyn, S Johnson, DTH vd Merwe; A Hastings, A Price; (1-8) J Bhatti, F Brown, Z Fagerson; S Cummings, J Gray; R Harley, C Gibbins (c), M Fagerson.

(16-23): G Stewart, O Kebble, D Rae, R Wilson, T Gordon, G Horne, P Horne, H Jones.

Ulster: (15-9): J Stockdale; R Baloucoune, L Marshall, S McCloskey, L Ludik; B Burns, J Cooney; (1-8): E O’Sullivan, R Best (captain), R Kane, I Henderson, K Treadwell, N Timoney, J Murphy, M Coetzee;

(16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, T O’Toole, A O’Connor, S Reidy, D Shanahan, M Lowry, D Cave.

Glasgow 9 points favourites with PP.
Don't think it will be anything like that easy.
Definitely banana skin territory.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Is the 'hand of Joe' evident in the selection of Stockdale as full-back? I'd certainly like to think so.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Not even a shot fired... this is abysmal.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Glasgow very good, we haven't shown that kind of inventiveness and imaginatiation this year.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

For the first time since early October, Ulster looked under-prepared and relatively directionless. Assume they played against the wind by choice and decided they could defend deep in their own half without conceding too many. Stockdale, Hendo and Besty looked off the pace and Cooney did not seem sharp with his passing. Jordi and Timoney were man-handled by their backrow.

Glasgow are good, with tough experienced (cynical) forwards, sharp half-backs and a very accomplished back-line with their real star, Hogg, bossing everything from full-back.

Hard to watch at times and certainly nothing to enthuse about from an Irish perspective.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:For the first time since early October, Ulster looked under-prepared and relatively directionless. Assume they played against the wind by choice and decided they could defend deep in their own half without conceding too many. Stockdale, Hendo and Besty looked off the pace and Cooney did not seem sharp with his passing. Jordi and Timoney were man-handled by their backrow.

Glasgow are good, with tough experienced (cynical) forwards, sharp half-backs and a very accomplished back-line with their real star, Hogg, bossing everything from full-back.

Hard to watch at times and certainly nothing to enthuse about from an Irish perspective.
Only saw bits and bobs but either Ulster's lineout option taking and execution was attrocious or Glasgow had figured them out.
Glasgow will take Munster to the cleaners if they reach the final.
On the other hand if Leinster make it to the final it will be be a much closer affair.
How's your aunt and uncle these days? :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Bill Johnson's move to Ulster from Munster confirmed
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Wearing green glassess, I was surprised at the withdrawal of Cooney on Friday night but actually thought that he (in company with many other Ulster players) looked somewhat out of sorts.

Thinking further about the entire roster of Irish scrum-halves, I think they've nearly all had a poor three months. IMO, Blade has been the top performer during that period, possibly followed (but not consistently) by Cooney. Murray & Marmion have been off the pace, of their own respective standards, whilst McGrath's passing seems to have become more erratic in height and alignment.

Maybe all these guys need a complete rest for at least a month and to forget about the game and next September / October. I certainly hope that will improve performances.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ulster losing coaches too.
https://www.the42.ie/ulster-departing-p ... 4-May2019/

It's a not unlucky for Nagle that is moving on given that he played 11 games in half a season. Sam Carter is incoming though.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Aaron Sexton 100m and 200m in new record times of 10.43 (+1.9) and 20.69 (+1.4) at 18 years old. That is seriously quick for a white Irishman.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

blockhead wrote:Aaron Sexton 100m and 200m in new record times of 10.43 (+1.9) and 20.69 (+1.4) at 18 years old. That is seriously quick for a white Irishman.
Those times are seriously quick for ANY Irishman. The fact that he's 18 years old, stands 6'4", weights 91kg and also plays Professional level rugby is an extraordinary package of talent.

Welcome Master Sexton to the Irish Public consciousness.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
blockhead wrote:Aaron Sexton 100m and 200m in new record times of 10.43 (+1.9) and 20.69 (+1.4) at 18 years old. That is seriously quick for a white Irishman.
Those times are seriously quick for ANY Irishman. The fact that he's 18 years old, stands 6'4", weights 91kg and also plays Professional level rugby is an extraordinary package of talent.

Welcome Master Sexton to the Irish Public consciousness.
Is it too late to convert him to hooker?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

David O’Connor (brother of Alan) has joined Ulster. That's a serious amount of blue up beyond the wall.
Should we call them Bluester from now on?
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

blockhead wrote:David O’Connor (brother of Alan) has joined Ulster. That's a serious amount of blue up beyond the wall.
Yeah go for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Jackie Brown wrote:
blockhead wrote:David O’Connor (brother of Alan) has joined Ulster. That's a serious amount of blue up beyond the wall.
Yeah go for it.

Bluster would be more accurate.
Stand up for the Blusterman. :wink:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Yeah go for it.

Bluster would be more accurate.
Stand up for the Blusterman. :wink:
Well, it's not bad. But is it derogatory enough?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Joe Schmidt has added fit-again Will Addison to Ireland’s World Cup training squad. The Irish chose a 44-strong training squad at the end of May to prepare for the finals in Japan.
Addison’s name was missing from that list two months ago as he had eventually underwent back surgery in early April after failing to shake off the injury that has ruled him out of taking part in the Six Nations.
Rugbypass

Rumours that he was for the knackers yard thankfully quashed.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Marcell Coetzee has been included in the South Africa squad for Saturday's match against Australia in Johannesburg