Rabo pro 12 final 2014

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Rabo pro 12 final 2014

Post by blockhead »

raith rover wrote:Leinster might be surprised at how many Scots are going to the match to support Glasgow in the final. This is a big match for Scottish rugby and the clans are gathering for it !
Don't forget yer skirt!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Ill be amazed if Glasgow take 4 to 5 k with them, good on them if they can get that level of support.

Glasgow have been the form team over the last few months , but Leinster are used to playing and winning big games.

Should be a really tight game, I can't see BOD going out a loser it's not the way his story ends! , Leinster by 2 points
craigchalmers
Beginner

Post by craigchalmers »

blockhead wrote:
craigchalmers wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Gerry is saying Glasgow will take 4-5k; unless theyre flogging them to corporate groups thats a full home gate for them, would be great if they did but would be amazing
Not quite a full house for us these days - been averaging 8,000 for the last few weeks. But still finding that figure hard to believe (as much as I hope it's true). Think the interest is there, but to take those numbers the club would need to put on transports for large numbers at a reasonable price.

What is pretty much certain is that this will be our biggest ever travelling support (although the previous best is only a couple of hundred at previous semi's/in Toulon). You guys need to remember, this game is a far bigger deal for us (and for all of Scottish rugby) than it is for you guys - you have been in many finals before, but we've never been here, and who knows how long it will be until we are here again. Therefore, think a lot of people who have never travelled to an away game before will be travelling for this one! (For similar reason, I really think if Ulster had won on saturday there could have 30-40K at a final in Glasgow)

Price of a Ryanair flight from Prestwick to Dublin the day of the final jumped from £100 to £370 within an hour of full time - so there is obviously reasonable numbers of people booking! Now, we just need a couple of 747's chartered by the club a la Clermont last season to get us near the 4-5K...

Congratulations to you guys on making the final again; I'm surprisingly looking forward to returning to Dublin (felt so low after the semi-final last season we vowed never to return to the RDS..) to watch the 2 best teams in the league fight it out. Suppose it's only fitting our first final should be in Dublin - our 7th trip in 3 years! Here's hoping we get a great advert for the league, and a new name on the trophy ;)

Also think the is a nice irony to BOD playing his last game against a team he spent much of his career avoiding :P
Hope you do come in big numbers, really make a great day of it. Its a 1.5 hour drive from Belfast to Dublin these days so driving or getting a coach is a reasonable option too.
Know quite a few people who are flying to Belfast and driving, or driving to Newcastle etc. Also saw someone considering flying GLA-BHX-DUB.. And just seen that there is to be a charter flight too :D

I'm pretty sure Edinburgh took a few thousand to their HC semi at the Aviva? Think they had an extra week or two, but rivalry dictates we need to at least match that... (was a lot of 'neutral' Scotland fans at that game, I think)
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

craigchalmers wrote:
Know quite a few people who are flying to Belfast and driving, or driving to Newcastle etc. Also saw someone considering flying GLA-BHX-DUB.. And just seen that there is to be a charter flight too :D

I'm pretty sure Edinburgh took a few thousand to their HC semi at the Aviva? Think they had an extra week or two, but rivalry dictates we need to at least match that... (was a lot of 'neutral' Scotland fans at that game, I think)
Flights on the Friday from Newcastle are pretty reasonable at £30.99 (two flights) with Ryanair (crappy flight times though) and £81 with Aer Lingus.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

craigchalmers wrote: I'm pretty sure Edinburgh took a few thousand to their HC semi at the Aviva? Think they had an extra week or two, but rivalry dictates we need to at least match that... (was a lot of 'neutral' Scotland fans at that game, I think)
I actually sat next to some Glasgow fans at that match who had decided to come over and support the Scottish cause. Maybe some of the Edinburgh fans will return the favour. Edinburgh don't look like winning any trophies of their own any time soon so piggybacking off Glasgow might be their best bet.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Bigalskitours

Post by Bigalskitours »

Glasgow fan here, I think we could hit the 5k, I booked tickets for myself and friends at the end of your game with Ulster, if you'd killed the game earlier we would have got a better price! However others weren't so lucky and fares have rocketed, however that hasn't deterred other friends, who are flying from Edinburgh, flying to Belfast and training and some who are driving.

We're in unchartered fairytale water here so a bit of extra effort is in order

My friends and I are staying behind enemy lines with Leinster friends in Sandyford.

I know it's Bod's last game but he's had lots of days in the sun, we're just looking for one big one!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Bigalskitours wrote:Glasgow fan here, I think we could hit the 5k, I booked tickets for myself and friends at the end of your game with Ulster, if you'd killed the game earlier we would have got a better price! However others weren't so lucky and fares have rocketed, however that hasn't deterred other friends, who are flying from Edinburgh, flying to Belfast and training and some who are driving.

My friends and I are staying behind enemy lines with Leinster friends in Sandyford.

I know it's Bod's last game but he's had lots of days in the sun, we're just looking for one big one!
I really hope you bring loads over. 5K would be unbelievable and great for the league. Atmosphere is much better when there's a decent away support.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Bigalskitours wrote:Glasgow fan here, I think we could hit the 5k, I booked tickets for myself and friends at the end of your game with Ulster, if you'd killed the game earlier we would have got a better price! However others weren't so lucky and fares have rocketed, however that hasn't deterred other friends, who are flying from Edinburgh, flying to Belfast and training and some who are driving.
Awesome. I remember how we felt when we started to travel with optimism again. It was a fantastic feeling and i'm glad to hear another set of fans are starting to experience it for the first time (of many).

We cant wait to have you guys over, should be a great spectacle.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ryan Wilson ruled out with shoulder injury in training
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

My sister in Law is coming as a Glasgow supporter living here...she hasn't a clue about rugby mind you....I gave her a few tips in one out the other...if she is anything to go by we'll have great evening regardless of the score
craigchalmers
Beginner

Post by craigchalmers »

According to our clubs twitter feed, we shifted over 1,000 tickets in the 24 hour period that ticket sales were only open (albeit not stringently restricted) to season ticket holders. If they have all found their way into Glasgow supporters hands, maybe the 5K being reported quite widely wasn't so wide of the mark after all...

Vamos los azules, I know a few Glasgow fans who were at that game.. Although one was there with his other half, an Embra season ticket holder, and the other had his (my) Ulster shirt on! Although thinking about it, sure I spoke to a few 'scotland fans' at our first semi in Dublin who had been at the HC semi too.

Out of interest, how many supporters did the Ospreys bring with them to their RDS Finals?
grahamwa
Beginner

Post by grahamwa »

Much excitement on the Glasgow forum, some genuine new joiners on the forum and some with oirish accent joined to get the Ticketmaster link but as the release is now out for anyone that's bought a ticket from Glasgow Warriors in or Murrayfield in the past, there should be no need for further ah g'wans.
Looking forward to my first club trip across the water, should be a blast. Logorrhea is right there is a feel good factor at Scotstoun at the moment, hopefully one more game to ride the wave.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

grahamwa wrote:Much excitement on the Glasgow forum, some genuine new joiners on the forum and some with oirish accent joined to get the Ticketmaster link but as the release is now out for anyone that's bought a ticket from Glasgow Warriors in or Murrayfield in the past, there should be no need for further ah g'wans.
Looking forward to my first club trip across the water, should be a blast. Logorrhea is right there is a feel good factor at Scotstoun at the moment, hopefully one more game to ride the wave.
Bring your mates... there's nothing beats a good club game weekend - for my money they have replaced the 6N games - more like the 6N of old where you got the atmosphere at the game and banter around it.

Would be great if there's a crowd over
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
grahamwa
Beginner

Post by grahamwa »

The Doc wrote:
grahamwa wrote:Much excitement on the Glasgow forum, some genuine new joiners on the forum and some with oirish accent joined to get the Ticketmaster link but as the release is now out for anyone that's bought a ticket from Glasgow Warriors in or Murrayfield in the past, there should be no need for further ah g'wans.
Bring your mates... there's nothing beats a good club game weekend - for my money they have replaced the 6N games - more like the 6N of old where you got the atmosphere at the game and banter around it.

Would be great if there's a crowd over
Biggest ever traveling support for Glasgow. 1500 tickets taken up via TicketMaster + all the sponsors and maws an' paws. And the Club have just released a cheap(ish) coach and ferry package. We should be able to make ourselves heard.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Sneaked over to the warriors forum. The excitement is fantastic. Looks like they're bringing a big crowd over so should be a cracking atmosphere. Especially if the weather is as good as it was for the last 2 Finals.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Nigel Owens appointed as ref for the final.
Nigel Owens ‏@Nigelrefowens 5m
Really honoured and privileged to be refereeing the @RaboDirectPRO12 Final @leinsterrugby v @GlasgowWarriors next weekend. Diolch yn fawr
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Happy out.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

AdamK wrote:Happy out.
Luckily it's not an indoor game in the MS then. Like the HC final......
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

Any one know what area the Glasgow supporters will be in.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

I'd imagine they'll be allocated tickets in each price bracket.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.