Time to go MOC

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Time to go MOC

Post by bails »

I hate to be the one to have to start this thread, but as a loyal and committed fan of Leinster Rugby, enough is enough.
I have bitten my tongue for a long time this season but no longer.

It's time to change the coaching ticket, and change it quickly before we go further backwards.
This season all we have seen on the pitch is around the corner and the inside pass. We have become so predictable and easy to defend against. Yes our scrum and line out have become stronger, but we have forgotten how to use the ball.

Our three quarter play, other than 50 minutes in Franklins Gardens has gone to pot, we now look incapable of passing the ball across the back line. When did a three quarter last score off first phase- that was our trademark for the last few years, and what happened to the best passing back line in Europe

In the last number of games we have lacked physicality, and at times appeared to lack passion, precision and commitment. We have seemed rudderless on and off the pitch at key times in games. We haven't succeeded in finding a ball carrier in Sean O'Brien's absence and we have fallen off more tackles in the last two games than we did in about 3 years. We look one dimensional and have been dragged down to our opponents level.

Let's not kid ourselves that we are top of the Rabo, that's frankly because the standard this year has been truly awful in the League. Last week showed how off the pace we are in real terms.

We can do nothing about it or we can act positively now and arrest the decline by removing the coaching team, bringing in some key world class marque players, as Ulster have done, and building for the future. There is no point in producing world class academy graduates, if the Senior team is so mediocre that the whole organisation gets dragged down.

This is not a knee jerk reaction , it is borne from a season of discontent about the manner in which we have played.
Ask yourself , how many times have we played well this season..... Maybe once

Mick Dawson, please act now before it's too late. We still have the makings of a top Club but we must stop the incompetence now and get back to quality throughout the organisation.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Time to go MOC

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ridiculous overreaction thread alert
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

CiaranIrl wrote:Ridiculous overreaction thread alert
To be fair he has been given nearly a whole season now. The jury has been out on MOC for a while now.

I do think he will be allowed see out his contract though.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Embarrassing and pathetic. We were on the longest unbeaten run of any side in Europe 6 days ago. Utterly ridiculous thread.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

ceemec wrote:Embarrassing and pathetic. We were on the longest unbeaten run of any side in Europe 6 days ago. Utterly ridiculous thread.
Exactly. Some people have absolutely no sense of perspective.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

CiaranIrl wrote:
ceemec wrote:Embarrassing and pathetic. We were on the longest unbeaten run of any side in Europe 6 days ago. Utterly ridiculous thread.
Exactly. Some people have absolutely no sense of perspective.
Small..... Far away!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Oh please! Not happy with how we've looked this year but to even think about removing the coach when we made the knockouts in the European Cup and are top of the league is, frankly, absurd.

And that with no Sexton nor Nacewa nor O'Brien (three of the four players any team in the world would want) while we have lost hugely gratifying numbers to the Ireland squad and while two great leaders and warriors are about to retire and not as much of a force on the pitch and while we have lost the best coach going...

Transition is ugly sometimes, we haven't shown any positive sides to it yet but we have young players coming through. We have to trust in the future.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Sorry, didn't you get the memo. Leinster are the only team in history to have a divine right to win every rugby match ever, by a hat load of points and playing a high tempo exciting brand of rugby.

MOC is the evil destroyer from the dark side who with his faithful sidekick Jimmy have descended on Dublin in an attempt to destroy the works of St Joe to achieve this invincibility.

The fact that European Champion teams such as Toulouse, Munster, Leicester and Wasps have all faced the inevitable turn of the wheel of fortune does not mean that it will ever happen to Leinster.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This is a joke.

What would you say to the next coach? "We got rid of the last guy when we were only 1st in the league, you need to be even firster."

We've become so spoiled in the last few years, it's made people lose all reason.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This is a joke.

What would you say to the next coach? "We got rid of the last guy when we were only 1st in the league, you need to be even firster."

We've become so spoiled in the last few years, it's made people lose all reason.
I just worry the last few years were a fantasy that never happened...
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Vamos los azules wrote:
Sorry, didn't you get the memo. Leinster are the only team in history to have a divine right to win every rugby match ever, by a hat load of points and playing a high tempo exciting brand of rugby.

MOC is the evil destroyer from the dark side who with his faithful sidekick Jimmy have descended on Dublin in an attempt to destroy the works of St Joe to achieve this invincibility.

The fact that European Champion teams such as Toulouse, Munster, Leicester and Wasps have all faced the inevitable turn of the wheel of fortune does not mean that it will ever happen to Leinster.
the last thing in those bolded points, is ALL anyone has asked for, The MOC'olytes on here keep throwing up these canards and strawmen about unbeaten, top of the league and "expecting to win every match in an all signing and dancing manner", thats bullshit, no one is saying that, we just want to see a good competent brand of rugby, MOC has failed on all counts, but the ineptitude of the opposition, have hidden it to people who cant look beyond the log, very Munsterfans attitude, "We are sh!t, we dont care so long as we win something" I dont care if we win if I want to gouge my eyes out rather then watch my team in the process of winning.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Our attacks have become sterile this year. Just dont look threatening at all.
Healy and Jamie magnificent tonight
Will hold my opinion till end of the season.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Our attacks have become sterile this year. Just dont look threatening at all.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

So you want a coach that plays exciting flashy rugby but without that top of the table, unbeaten run stuff?
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Blue not red blood wrote:Our attacks have become sterile this year. Just dont look threatening at all.
While I've watched a lot of games this season wondering where the tries were going to come from Leinster are somehow 2nd highest try scorers in the league.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Broken Wing wrote:So you want a coach that plays exciting flashy rugby but without that top of the table, unbeaten run stuff?
I just consulted my daughters and I agree: we want unicorns and fairies.

Not too much to ask for.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Blue not red blood wrote:Our attacks have become sterile this year. Just dont look threatening at all.
Yep, either of them MoM for me. They nearly saved the game all by themselves.
Dont Panic!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

leinster4life13 wrote:very Munsterfans attitude
Low blows like that won't help you win any friends.
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

We have scored tries yes but not ones to get you excited about.
I know they all count but my point is that we are struggling to get them in big ganes when we need them.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I wasn't disagreeing with you.
Pro 12 Champions 14!