PRO12 Munster v Leinster Sat 5th Oct KO 6.45pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: PRO12 Munster v Leinster Sat 5th Oct KO 6.45pm

Post by blockhead »

They're very confident down south in Knackeragua about the game. They have the better players but we somehow seem to play more as a team when we play them, apparently. Lets face it, the Limerick boys are going to beat us some day. 9 wins in the last 11, I think, is bordering on total domination at this stage. Hopefully it will be a great advertisement for the Rabo.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

blockhead wrote:They're very confident down south in Knackeragua about the game. They have the better players but we somehow seem to play more as a team when we play them, apparently. Lets face it, the Limerick boys are going to beat us some day. 9 wins in the last 11, I think, is bordering on total domination at this stage. Hopefully it will be a great advertisement for the Rabo.
You should think about changing you forum name. Also, don't leave out the 'head' bit.
Last edited by rookie on October 1st, 2013, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Only place they could beat us is up front and that's only if we persist in using pods for rucks which do not have enough players in and we don't protect our SH.

Rugby games don't have a memory and the logic that says we have to lose one soon because of our recent record just doesn't stack up.

Be delighted if they select Keatley. JJH has been a far better user of possession and can control a game much better than IK. Will Botha figure or are they resigned to him missing ERC 1?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

rookie wrote:
blockhead wrote:They're very confident down south in Knackeragua about the game. They have the better players but we somehow seem to play more as a team when we play them, apparently. Lets face it, the Limerick boys are going to beat us some day. 9 wins in the last 11, I think, is bordering on total domination at this stage. Hopefully it will be a great advertisement for the Rabo.
You should think about changing you forum name. Also, don't leave out the 'head' bit.
Come on Rookie. Lets have a better come back than that. This game is creeping up on us fast and everyone is more concerned about the RCC or whatever its called. A bit more argy-bargy required for the next few days from the likes of you! BTW where is the Archaeopteryx chap that used to post on here a while back?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ceemec wrote:I think he'll give the nod to Ruddock for the bench slot. He has preferred him overall thus far this season and we've gone into games before with no specific openside cover (Wasps and Biarritz games in last year's knock outs). Ryan can over openside but I'm not sure to what level which is why I think SOB has to come straight back into the side. Ryan really can struggle in terms of his breakdown work when he plays openside. He has been decent against average opponents but good players have taken him to the cleaners at the breakdown (although it's clearly not his sole fault).
Its where Jennings wouldve been handy as SOB then covers 6 and 8 and Murphy covers all 3
McCarthy covers 6 so feck it throw Leavy on the bench :)
A better statitician might know this but Ryan has primarily played at 7 for us has he not?

I think we should be favourites
Better front row, back row, half backs, kicker, centres, back 3. Only area they better us in is second row. Benches about equal
even going by Deccie's Ireland team only 4 Munster players from this week's panel would make a composite XV
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Murphy out. So it will be ruddock or ryan on the bench. (or maybe even starting)
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Murphy out. So it will be ruddock or ryan on the bench. (or maybe even starting)
I have been a big fan of Ryans since he started on the scene, he constantly throws himself into outrages hits. But he is starting to look more and more league to me, likes the hits but not to pushed about getting the ball back.
The way the last couple of games have gone, I would be putting an emphasis on having big men hitting rucks/clearing out. Ruddock for me (with Locky Elsom starting).
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

LeinsterLeader wrote:Well Jordi Murphy won't be involved Saturday. He's going under the knife tomorrow. Ankle I believe :(

"Jordi Murphy ‏@JordiMurphy1 55m
Going under the knife tomorrow morning. In case I don't make it just wanna say its been a great ride x"
Can't find this tweet. did he remove it? Was it true?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Alternative Ulster wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Well Jordi Murphy won't be involved Saturday. He's going under the knife tomorrow. Ankle I believe :(

"Jordi Murphy ‏@JordiMurphy1 55m
Going under the knife tomorrow morning. In case I don't make it just wanna say its been a great ride x"
Can't find this tweet. did he remove it? Was it true?
Looks like he did remove it. Couple of replies about it still on his timeline though.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Only place they could beat us is up front and that's only if we persist in using pods for rucks which do not have enough players in and we don't protect our SH.

Rugby games don't have a memory and the logic that says we have to lose one soon because of our recent record just doesn't stack up.

Be delighted if they select Keatley. JJH has been a far better user of possession and can control a game much better than IK. Will Botha figure or are they resigned to him missing ERC 1?
Botha trained with Munster yeterday and they say he's good to go for Sat.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Where did Munster say that about Botha RDSBlue?
Captain Average
Learner

Post by Captain Average »

I think he mis-read the press release from the official munster site:

There was positive news on the injury front with BJ Botha (knee) and Conor Murray (toe) returning to limited training today
Dave Kearney - Ian Dowling Mk II
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Captain Average wrote:I think he mis-read the press release from the official munster site:

There was positive news on the injury front with BJ Botha (knee) and Conor Murray (toe) returning to limited training today
So does that mean they will risk either or both of them on Saturday? Bench at best I would say, if at all.
Captain Average
Learner

Post by Captain Average »

I'd say bench at best too.
Dave Kearney - Ian Dowling Mk II
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Peg Leg wrote:
Alternative Ulster wrote:Murphy out. So it will be ruddock or ryan on the bench. (or maybe even starting)
I have been a big fan of Ryans since he started on the scene, he constantly throws himself into outrages hits. But he is starting to look more and more league to me, likes the hits but not to pushed about getting the ball back.
The way the last couple of games have gone, I would be putting an emphasis on having big men hitting rucks/clearing out. Ruddock for me (with Locky Elsom starting).
I agree with this but I think he'd look much much better with either Jennings/SOB at 7 and Heaslip at 8 because they're all so good at the breakdown. His clearing out was one of the things that impressed me most when he first burst onto the scene. He was the closest I've seen to Brad Thorn in our squad in terms of his technique at the breakdown. He would absolutely demolish someone at the breakdown and then stay very low and very solid over the ball. For whatever reason, that's deserted him over the last year and a half/2 years or so. I'm not confident that he'll get back to that level tbh.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
I agree with this but I think he'd look much much better with either Jennings/SOB at 7 and Heaslip at 8 because they're all so good at the breakdown. His clearing out was one of the things that impressed me most when he first burst onto the scene. He was the closest I've seen to Brad Thorn in our squad in terms of his technique at the breakdown. He would absolutely demolish someone at the breakdown and then stay very low and very solid over the ball. For whatever reason, that's deserted him over the last year and a half/2 years or so. I'm not confident that he'll get back to that level tbh.
True for ya, but given the choice i'd have Locky over Ryan..... another 6.5 :(
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Yeah limited training does not sound like ready to go, not like it was full training after a month of post Lions training
Even last week Munster press releases were not in anyway optimistic of having guys back

IMO BJ to not make panel, Murray bench as its more of a position of concern
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Locky's a 5.5 not a 6.5
bringbackrocky
Beginner

Post by bringbackrocky »

2 stand tickets for sale for west stand in Thomond for sat eve.

face value o.n.o

good seats on 22m line and in first 10 rows from front.

Blue magic !
Last edited by bringbackrocky on October 2nd, 2013, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

bringbackrocky wrote:2 stand tickets for sale for west stand in Thomond for sat eve.

face value or better.

good seats on 22m line and in first 10 rows from front.

Blue magic !
FYI........face value only allowed here my good man......
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......