Thank you Isa

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bertandernie
Beginner

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by bertandernie »

johng wrote:Although the search begins now for the neighbour from hell who turned mrs Isa off Ireland.

Hanging's too good for them. :evil:
You have to be kidding me, fully agree hanging is not good enough for them.

I'm utterly devastated he's going a fantastic player and man.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Peg Leg wrote:Are we losing Isa because of the NIQ policy including or excluding munster props and his not being allowed to renew with us beyond next season?
It's not clear. It can't have helped though.
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

Thank you Isa. Hope we can come up with a send-off to do you justice. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

MarkyDeSad wrote:Thank you Isa. Hope we can come up with a send-off to do you justice. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Simple we win the Rabo and the Amlin and ISA collects both trophies.....
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Thanks. Couple of unforgetable pieces of individual brilliance I'll never forget.Notably tries vs Ospreys and Leicester.
Best of luck!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ronk wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Are we losing Isa because of the NIQ policy including or excluding munster props and his not being allowed to renew with us beyond next season?
It's not clear. It can't have helped though.
why would he go early if he cant renew? unless was case of they wanted kids settled in schools for next 5 years or something

ISA chants non stop v Glasgow are in order
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

I am really disappointed to hear this. He has given so much to the team since he arrived and without doubt the best FB in Europe for most of that time.
Thank you very much Isa for all the memories. I wish you and your family ever success and good fortune for the future.

To those of you in the know are we likely to see him again or is it always going to be "a week too soon..."
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

Times like this I would just like to read that gobshyte Kelly's article in the IT previewing the 2009 semi v Munster slating Leinster for the ridiculous signing that was Isa....:))))
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

illthinkofsomething wrote:Times like this I would just like to read that gobshyte Kelly's article in the IT previewing the 2009 semi v Munster slating Leinster for the ridiculous signing that was Isa....:))))
Haha yes, he was dead right when he said
'As for Isa Nacewa: Lord, have mercy.'
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

hes the best failed outhalf from overseas we ever had :)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

johng wrote: Although the search begins now for the neighbour from hell who turned mrs Isa off Ireland.

Is this true?

Fantastic player who never gave less then his all. We're going to miss him badly.

Best of luck Isa, thanks for everything.
A proud Winsome Fluter
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Remember seeing him in his first game for Leinster in Donnybrook - we knew then he was going to be special.
Have had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occasions - a fantastic person.

Surprised how much the idea of not seeing him on pitch has affected me!

Best of luck Isa.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

He came, he saw and he conquered! Isa to see why we loved him! Gave us his all and then some fantastic servant to Leinster Rugby. Good luck in retirement and remember your kids are elegible to represent Ireland at whatever sport they want!!
Last edited by Armchair on March 21st, 2013, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
johng wrote: Although the search begins now for the neighbour from hell who turned mrs Isa off Ireland.

Is this true?

Fantastic player who never gave less then his all. We're going to miss him badly.

Sorry. Just having a laugh.

His missus wants to live in Auckland. The bit about the neighbour I made up. :) (Just in case it turns into a rumour)
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

johng wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:

Is this true?

His missus wants to live in Auckland. The bit about the neighbour I made up. :) (Just in case it turns into a rumour)
This will be a Herald headline tomorrow.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I remember when he spoke at a meet the players evening in Old Belvo in Oct’08 shortly after he arrived in Leinster. He spoke about how he appreciated the culture of playing for the big town club, [Auckland / Leinster], whom everyone else in the country dislikes, affectionately known as JAFA’s in New Zealand, Lunsters in Ireland. And just smiled and said ‘Phuck em’.

But, most noticeably he said that he knew he was here to be a leader within the team, especially while the Ireland players were away & that he certainly was.

Thank you for all you helped bring to Leinster over the last 5 years Isa. Enjoy your retirement with your family. You were a different class both on and off the field.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

johng wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:

Is this true?

There has to be more in it than this
What is the real story?
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

Thank you !
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Mauler wrote:I remember when he spoke at a meet the players evening in Old Belvo in Oct’08 shortly after he arrived in Leinster. He spoke about how he appreciated the culture of playing for the big town club, [Auckland / Leinster], whom everyone else in the country dislikes, affectionately known as JAFA’s in New Zealand, Lunsters in Ireland. And just smiled and said ‘Phuck em’.

But, most noticeably he said that he knew he was here to be a leader within the team, especially while the Ireland players were away & that he certainly was.

Thank you for all you helped bring to Leinster over the last 5 years Isa. Enjoy your retirement with your family. You were a different class both on and off the field.
I was at that do. I remember saying to him that the blues were like Leinster and Crusaders were like munster.
He got a bit annoyed about that and said "crusaders are not munster" he wasn't in the place a wet day and he knew the score.

What I meant at the time was they were from the south. wore red and were winning everything. Houw wrong I was about to be on the last bit.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Isa. Simply Superb. Thanks for the great memories. Enjoy your retirement. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".