Glasgow Heineken Match at Firhill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Frederico
Beginner

Glasgow Heineken Match at Firhill

Post by Frederico »

Has the date for the round five against Glasgow at Firhill been confirmed yet? If not, when will it be confirmed? The erc website says it is due to be played on the weekend of the 13th.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Glasgow Heineken Match at Firhill

Post by cormac »

Frederico wrote:Has the date for the round five against Glasgow at Firhill been confirmed yet? If not, when will it be confirmed? The erc website says it is due to be played on the weekend of the 13th.
Won't be confirmed until after Round 4, usually on the Sunday night (18th Dec) or the following morning.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

For some reason have a nasty feeling it might be a Friday night :(
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

sheepshagger wrote:For some reason have a nasty feeling it might be a Friday night :(
That'd be my guess too, with Sunday afternoon at 12.45 a close second favourite.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

cormac wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:For some reason have a nasty feeling it might be a Friday night :(
That'd be my guess too, with Sunday afternoon at 12.45 a close second favourite.
Nothing wrong with that kick off time, the lads seem to be raring to get going and very productive at that hour :wink:
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

TerenureJim wrote: Nothing wrong with that kick off time, the lads seem to be raring to get going and very productive at that hour :wink:
Never mind that, no beer in the ground on Sunday :-(
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Scrum 5
Bookworm

Post by Scrum 5 »

Muriel wrote:
TerenureJim wrote: Nothing wrong with that kick off time, the lads seem to be raring to get going and very productive at that hour :wink:
Thought that no booze on a Sunday was in their former ground (Dowanhill?) and that Firhill had no issue with that.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Scrum 5 wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Thought that no booze on a Sunday was in their former ground (Dowanhill?) and that Firhill had no issue with that.
The game was played in Hughenden which is the home of a Glasgow Rugby Club called Hillhead Jordanhill RFC. Our H Cup game was on a Sunday in Oct'05 & the Rugby Club would not let non club members into their bar. However, I have a hazy memory of making up for this in the Walkabout in Glasgow after the game.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Yeah was odd an HC game that you couldn't buy a pint in.

Times have changed as has the venue (as pointed out above). Firhill has its own bars after you pass the turnstiles, wouldn't expect any such issues this time around.

Having been there twice for league games when the numbers have been pretty poor will be interesting to see what the crowd is for this (the ground is in the middle of nowhere and after dark can be a bit dodgy, is a taxi in/out job).
lineens weegie army
Bookworm

Post by lineens weegie army »

Scrum 5 wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Hughenden - but other than that, you are correct. Was issues a few years ago when they forgot to apply for a sunday licence, and also a game where the North stand was un-licensed, again because we forgot/didn't expect to need it (both in our first season there). Been no issues the last 3 1/2 seasons though... Well, except some large queues when we get crowds of 5,000 in :(

Was beer available in the stand (and in the Bar in the main stand) from 11:15 am for the Bath game, and there will be again this sunday. :D

As for the area - nowt wrong with the area! Having said that, aside from the bar in the main stand, there is only one pub nearby I would be happy recommending to people...
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

lineens weegie army wrote: As for the area - nowt wrong with the area! Having said that, aside from the bar in the main stand, there is only one pub nearby I would be happy recommending to people...
I can only agree with LWA- no problem walking to/from Firhill.