Vinnie Murray and Godfrey Cups

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

thecoofreak wrote:Its a bit much even the 2nd years Mum asked that they would be allowed play in the final. If u ask me they have gone OTT
Maybe - the only facts I know are that 6 SCT rugby players were slapping a 2nd year.....I can't think of a reason why they would do that legitimately, and I'd imagine being slapped by 6 guys 4 years older than you who play rugby would be a somewhat unpleasant experience.

I guess its all down to how you view on schools rugby. Is it about education or is it about achievement? In Cinderella and the Ugly Sisters its apparently about education, at Blackrock its obviously about achievement. Personally, I'd rather my kids were educated as to what's wrong and right than tought that they were untouchable and could do what the fock they liked provided they showed up for training.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

thecoofreak wrote:Its a bit much even the 2nd years Mum asked that they would be allowed play in the final. If u ask me they have gone OTT
If it maintains discipline and acts as a warning to future potential bullies, then the punishment was entirely appropriate.
I have Bumbleflex
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

You think that might be to avoid her son getting slaps from the entire school rather than just the players?!!! 4 years of atomic wedgies can do serious damage to a young lad (or so I've heard....)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Sounds like a lot of conjecture....it would be interesting to get the real story.
Phil
Beginner

Post by Phil »

"a few slaps" according to my friend in cus he got a concussion from it
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Glad to see that my alma mater is taking action on what happened. Bullying is not a pleasent experience. :(

It always really pi$$ed me off that they never gave the SCT at least a little credit, we tried just as hard as other schools. By all accounts it gets less importance applied now than in my day, the dominant sport seems to be cricket which we seem to be quite good at.

On the original point, the offending parties, if guilty, should be publicly punished. :(
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

obviously spent more time on the paddock than in spelling class! :lol:
Get in the f%~king bag.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

the dominant sport seems to be cricket which we seem to be quite good at
Its the only sport in the school nowadays. The cricket players can do no wrong
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

It might be worthwhile clarifying a few things here.

NOBODY knows the full story behind what happened at CUS. We've had everything from a "few slaps" to "concussion" mentioned on this thread.

NOBODY knows the full story behind the Indo's story on Blackrock college students having vandalised Dermot Desmond's house/car/property/ on Ailesbury Road.

There's way too much conjecture and innuendo here and it would be worth remembering that Chinese Whispers and personal dislikes of the SCT system in Leinster, don't make something true.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:It might be worthwhile clarifying a few things here.

NOBODY knows the full story behind what happened at CUS. We've had everything from a "few slaps" to "concussion" mentioned on this thread.

NOBODY knows the full story behind the Indo's story on Blackrock college students having vandalised Dermot Desmond's house/car/property/ on Ailesbury Road.

There's way too much conjecture and innuendo here and it would be worth remembering that Chinese Whispers and personal dislikes of the SCT system in Leinster, don't make something true.
Nobody knows anything fully - 99% of what's talked on this and other websites is conjecture and speculation. That doesn't make it wrong to discuss it.

You might want to explain your comment on "personal dislikes of the SCT" system. I don't really understand what they've got to do with Blackrock students daubing a car or a CUS student being bullied. What do you mean?
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I'm an admirer of schools rugby, but I went to a school that would have taken a less than dim view of anything that brought the schools name into question, even at the expense of our success in sports.

I don't really have any great allegiance to my old school - I doubt I'll send my kids there - but one thing I admire is a school that stands up for principles over populism and politics.

Other schools seem to think that winning the cup is more important for its image than trying to prevent its pupils getting into the papers for vandalism.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jezzer wrote:I'm an admirer of schools rugby, but I went to a school that would have taken a less than dim view of anything that brought the schools name into question, even at the expense of our success in sports.

I don't really have any great allegiance to my old school - I doubt I'll send my kids there - but one thing I admire is a school that stands up for principles over populism and politics.

Other schools seem to think that winning the cup is more important for its image than trying to prevent its pupils getting into the papers for vandalism.
Zackley.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

He's back playing rugby so i doubt it was a concussion
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

thecoofreak wrote:
He's back playing rugby so i doubt it was a concussion
Ah you're not serious. So I've just wasted a morning debatign with Flash on a non-issue???

Joking. Glad to hear it. But I would actually like to hear the real story at some stage too....!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

But I would actually like to hear the real story at some stage too...
Same here!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

The truth is the enemy of any self-respecting forum (or should that be enema...)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jezzer wrote:The truth is the enemy of any self-respecting forum (or should that be enema...)
this is my issue ...... all this gossip and say-so is just fine when we're all slagging off Eddie O'Sullivan. But it's a different thing altogether when any other topic is debated. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
jezzer wrote:The truth is the enemy of any self-respecting forum (or should that be enema...)
this is my issue ...... all this gossip and say-so is just fine when we're all slagging off Eddie O'Sullivan. But it's a different thing altogether when any other topic is debated. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
You didn't have a problem accepting it with regard to the CUS did you? In fact you went further, suggesting that the kid was a victim of GBH!!!!!! A suggestion that had no basis in fact whatsoever and was ENTIRELY conjecture :? :?
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:
ckav wrote:
You didn't have a problem accepting it with regard to the CUS did you? In fact you went further, suggesting that the kid was a victim of GBH!!!!!! A suggestion that had no basis in fact whatsoever and was ENTIRELY conjecture :? :?
I most certainly did, Flash. Go back and read the posts again. I wrote yesterday at 1157 am that "it sounds like conjecture .. it would be interesting to get the real story".
And this morning at 0931 am I wrote the following:
"It might be worthwhile clarifying a few things here.

NOBODY knows the full story behind what happened at CUS. We've had everything from a "few slaps" to "concussion" mentioned on this thread. "
Last edited by ckav on March 15th, 2006, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

ps are you sure you went to Andrews? Analysis and discussion with you definitely has a Jesuitical bent... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

now don't get me started on how wierd and fecked-up Clongowes is, or we'll be here all night.. :lol: