J4 Metro League Fixtures

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: J4 Metro League Fixtures

Post by Darce »

Luckycharm wrote:
speedyg wrote:Play for Tarf J4's, good game against Bective yesterday. Very strong outfit, quality outhalf, has the build of a hooker but was unbelievably good at controlling the game.

They will take some beating.
Bective are excellent as are Blackrock both don't have J3 teams :roll:

By the Way Stillorgan marched into the J3 final yesterday whopping Rugbydudes monkstown 45-8 could they be the first Junior club ever to win this league!! They have DLSP who they have beaten twice in the league but are an excellent team and could have easily won the last league encounter between the teams.
If Rock were in J3, they wouldn't have a fourth team...simple as. Sunday Rugby is not a runner
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

So their J3 team compete in the J4 league because they don't like Sunday rugby?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Leinsterman wrote:So their J3 team compete in the J4 league because they don't like Sunday rugby?
our fourths play in the J4 league because they're J4 standard. I was mearly making the point that if they had to play J3, there'd be no team
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Darce wrote:If Rock were in J3, they wouldn't have a fourth team...simple as. Sunday Rugby is not a runner
Rock Boys are God Fearing Presbyterians Shocker.

Seems like Dev & Rev Ian had more in common then we thought! :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Darce wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:So their J3 team compete in the J4 league because they don't like Sunday rugby?
our fourths play in the J4 league because they're J4 standard. I was mearly making the point that if they had to play J3, there'd be no team

Well if they had to play J3, that would mean they'd be J3 standard. If the days for the J3 and J4 leagues were swapped, what would happen then?
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Leinsterman wrote:
Darce wrote:

Well if they had to play J3, that would mean they'd be J3 standard. If the days for the J3 and J4 leagues were swapped, what would happen then?
My point is we play J4 coz thats our standard. If the days were swapped, there probably would not be a Rock 4ths

I was merely making the point that if we were forced to play J3 on a sunday, there would be 30 fewer lads playing rugby week in, week out simply coz of the day it was on
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

J4 Cup. Wanderers 0, St.Marys 43.
skercrow
Beginner

Post by skercrow »

hey bg music

If I wanted a weekly update of the St Mary's results I would check the St Mary's results page or the Leinster Branch J4 League & Cup Results pages. Thanks for your running commentary through the season but maybe you could post it where somebody cares. It is not like you have won anything yet and there is still a long way to go in the cup now that St Mary's were beaten in the quarter finals of the league for the second year running.
walmoran
Beginner

Post by walmoran »

skercrow wrote:hey bg music

If I wanted a weekly update of the St Mary's results I would check the St Mary's results page or the Leinster Branch J4 League & Cup Results pages. Thanks for your running commentary through the season but maybe you could post it where somebody cares. It is not like you have won anything yet and there is still a long way to go in the cup now that St Mary's were beaten in the quarter finals of the league for the second year running.
Hey Skercrow chill out.........for someone who doesn't care you seem to be getting a little wound up!
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

best first post EVER.

what a dick.

cmon rock
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Darce, what level do the Rock thirds play at?
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Leinsterman wrote:Darce, what level do the Rock thirds play at?
is Saturday a level?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

It's debatable.

Strangely enough, I wasn't fishing with that last question. It was a genuine one.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

A senior clubs third team plays J2 surely ?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Jesus, what a tw@t! :?
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Leinsterman wrote:Darce, what level do the Rock thirds play at?

J2
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

bgmusic wrote:A senior clubs third team plays J2 surely ?
Theoretically yes. However, sometimes they might play at a lower level if they're not up to that standard.

Darce - thanks. I'll PM you the reason why I was asking
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

J4 cup(with apologies to Skercrow).St.Marys 48 Monkstown 8.So the quarters are Wesley v Marys,Coolmine v UCD,Belvedere v Barnhall,and Clondalkin vBlackrock.Could be a Coolmine/Blackrock final.
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

bgmusic wrote:J4 cup(with apologies to Skercrow).St.Marys 48 Monkstown 8.So the quarters are Wesley v Marys,Coolmine v UCD,Belvedere v Barnhall,and Clondalkin vBlackrock.Could be a Coolmine/Blackrock final.

So Wesley and Marys meet again. any chance of Wesley turing over Marys this time round? I was surprised that Marys came out on top in the league because from playing the 2 i though Wesley had the edge. Results obviously say different.
Soundgav2
Learner

Post by Soundgav2 »

Every team in the pool seemed to say the same thing. I think it's beacuse Wesley have a bigger pack and retain bigger percentages of possession, teams feel like they weren't in the game as much as against mary's. Mary's score tries when they have the ball though, just don't stick it up the jumper and pick and go all the time (not that there's anything wrong with that, you just need the size to do it effectively).

Wesley knocked Mary's out of league and cup (after extra time even though try count was 6-2 in marys' favour) last season so series is poised at 2-2 between the teams.