Schools rugby 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Schools rugby 2020/21

Post by mildlyinterested »

ronk wrote: February 8th, 2022, 12:59 pm If only there was a thread that could confirm that's it's on Premier 1

https://www.leinsterfans.com/forum/view ... rt=280#top
in all my time on this site ive never seen that thread. :lol:
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

ronk wrote: February 8th, 2022, 12:59 pm If only there was a thread that could confirm that's it's on Premier 1

That is a great thread, I hear the guy who does it is a sound guy :wink:

They are saying LIVE coverage at 1:50pm - 3:30pm when the game starts at Noon, so could well be the full game on delay, but Premier TV listings change a lot closer to the weekend.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

neill_m wrote: February 8th, 2022, 1:41 pm

That is a great thread, I hear the guy who does it is a sound guy :wink:

They are saying LIVE coverage at 1:50pm - 3:30pm when the game starts at Noon, so could well be the full game on delay, but Premier TV listings change a lot closer to the weekend.
He’s a ledge
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Most useful thread on the internet!
I have Bumbleflex
Oddshapedballs
Beginner

Post by Oddshapedballs »

Cbc lost 23-9 to fintans in the vinnie murray semi final this afternoon
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

For the first time ever, all 15 games in the 2022 Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Schools Senior Cup will be available to view on Premier Sports and via streaming.

Premier Sports have once again confirmed they will broadcast eight Schools Senior Cup games, continuing a long-standing partnership, but for the first time the additional first round games will be available on a streaming service provided by Leinster Rugby.

The competition kicks-off on Premier Sports this Sunday, 13 February, at Energia Park when reigning champions St Michael’s College take on Blackrock College.

The first game to be streamed by Leinster Rugby will be the meeting of Kilkenny College and Presentation College Bray on Monday, 14 February, from Energia Park.

All four quarter-finals, both semi-finals and the final will be live and exclusive on Premier Sports, as Premier Sports owner Michael O’Rourke continues his long-standing relationship with the Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Schools Senior Cup.

Leinster Rugby, in partnership with Videos On The Net, will be live streaming the additional seven games not covered by Premier Sports from the first round on www.irishrugbylive.ie, thus ensuring that all games will be available to those who cannot attend in person.

The seven games streamed live by Leinster Rugby, will be available on a subscription basis with each game costing €6.99 and subscription can be purchased through the Videos on the Net platform, www.irishrugbylive.ie
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

propertymad wrote: February 6th, 2022, 12:18 am Paddy McCarthy has done his ACL apparently ..... massive pity as this guy is the real deal IMO

Hearing Ealing Trailfinders are trying to sign a few different 2022 sub academy / academy 'likely lads' from various schools

I'd be of the view that the likes of Connacht and Munster should be paying closer attention.

Connacht did a good bit of business with Sam Illo and it would be much better if Munster swooped in for lads who are on the bubble in Leinster, rather than watch these lads go to England (or wales/France in the case of Will hickey and Karl Martin)

Wakey, wakey Leinster and IRFU

I know we can't keep everyone but let's make sure we get the first 5 draft picks at the very least

IRFU oblivious cos they're spoilt for choice .... which is shortsighted in the extreme
anyone actually going to leave though?
propertymad
Graduate

Post by propertymad »

mildlyinterested wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:33 am
propertymad wrote: February 6th, 2022, 12:18 am Paddy McCarthy has done his ACL apparently ..... massive pity as this guy is the real deal IMO

Hearing Ealing Trailfinders are trying to sign a few different 2022 sub academy / academy 'likely lads' from various schools

I'd be of the view that the likes of Connacht and Munster should be paying closer attention.

Connacht did a good bit of business with Sam Illo and it would be much better if Munster swooped in for lads who are on the bubble in Leinster, rather than watch these lads go to England (or wales/France in the case of Will hickey and Karl Martin)

I know we can't keep everyone but let's make sure we get the first 5 draft picks at the very least

IRFU oblivious cos they're spoilt for choice .... which is shortsighted in the extreme
who knows .... depends what the package would look like I suspect.

If it included a scholarship sweetener with Brunel University then I'd say a good number of young heads would be turned -

http://www.ealingtrailfinders.com/news/ ... ity-launch
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/sport/stu ... cholarship
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

propertymad wrote: February 9th, 2022, 1:48 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:33 am

who knows .... depends what the package would look like I suspect.

If it included a scholarship sweetener with Brunel University then I'd say a good number of young heads would be turned -

http://www.ealingtrailfinders.com/news/ ... ity-launch
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/life/sport/stu ... cholarship
Maybe it might, long term would it be the best move for 18/19 year olds? Who knows, would it convince parents its the best move for their young son? I dunno, depends on the family I guess.

I doubt it will cause leinster/irfu to suddenly change how they do things when it comes to the academy, if they haven't already over the numerous threats of players leaving over the years.

Anyone who leaves will be giving up on representing ireland at u20 level at least and maybe ever playing for their country.

Anyway there is usually rumours at this time of the year about the latest hotshot schools player moving to england after school, I guess we will have to wait and see if it happens. Theres only 1 player playing schools rugby at the moment that leinster cant afford to lose IMO.
Purist98
Bookworm

Post by Purist98 »

Gunne?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Purist98 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 10:24 pmGunne?
Yep
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:10 pm https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/preview-le ... enior-cup/

decent preview.

One to watch - Yago Fernandez-Vilar in Terenure. Playing at 12, a couple years of rugby under his belt and a wonderful instinctive player as St Munchins, visiting Terenure a couple of weeks ago discovered. Leinster Academy scouts should watch this "Gordon D'Arcy lookalike"
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

i think both michaels and rock will be missing several notable players due to injury.
Ayewserious
Beginner

Post by Ayewserious »

mildlyinterested wrote: February 12th, 2022, 11:18 am i think both michaels and rock will be missing several notable players due to injury.
Are Michael’s not just missing the 2 backs and rock the tighthead?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Ayewserious wrote: February 12th, 2022, 11:54 am
mildlyinterested wrote: February 12th, 2022, 11:18 am i think both michaels and rock will be missing several notable players due to injury.
Are Michael’s not just missing the 2 backs and rock the tighthead?
I havent seen teamsheets so I couldnt tell you.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Handling letting down both sides so far
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Great tackle from the ref
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Great intercept from Moloney.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English