Schools Cups 2014

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Schools Cups 2014

Post by Darce »

Donny B. wrote:8-5 to Terenure final score
Well done those lads for getting a game done in this weather
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Gonzaga beat KH.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Darce wrote:
Played in Kildare, apparently it wasn't as bad as Dublin.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Donny B. wrote:
Darce wrote:
Played in Kildare, apparently it wasn't as bad as Dublin.
Better pitch in Kildare conditions much the same as elsewhere, Cill Dara have an impressive pitch drainage and sand based never cuts up, similar to Balbriigan who have the same which is actually a bit better than Cill Dara's not as open to the elements and a bit more grass on it. Both a bit out of the way for some.

Not sure why Lansdowne is not used more in weather like this their pitch is good for an artifical surface probably issues with spectators and IRFU etc??

How long before Donnybrook is an all weather?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Clongowes through to a semi.
Rock Michael's 2moro, can't see anything other than a rock win with that monster pack
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

goreyguy wrote:Clongowes through to a semi.
Rock Michael's 2moro, can't see anything other than a rock win with that monster pack
Would Agree with you there think Michaels will be a bigger threat next year, once Rock play to their strengths they should win by 7-10 points
Fancy Gonzaga to beat Andrews in a close one but could go either way and Newbridge to beat Mary's by 10-15 points
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Anyone hear the Junior Cup quarter final draw? It says on the IRFU website the draw was due to be made yesterday but no sign of it yet.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Armchair wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Clongowes through to a semi.
Would Agree with you there think Michaels will be a bigger threat next year, once Rock play to their strengths they should win by 7-10 points
Fancy Gonzaga to beat Andrews in a close one but could go either way and Newbridge to beat Mary's by 10-15 points
Agreed, Michael's pack is too young although they will have the best player on the field in Ryan. They'll return a large number of that pack next season when they'll be favourites imo.
Rock probably have a stronger pack than last year and Michael's are certainly weaker minus Coulson, Allen, Molony and Murphy.
Agree with your other calls too, whoever get Zaga/Andrews in the semi will be delighted.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

El Diablo wrote:Anyone hear the Junior Cup quarter final draw? It says on the IRFU website the draw was due to be made yesterday but no sign of it yet.
Was postponed to 11AM today.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Junior Cup draw: St. Gerards or St. Andrews V St. Michaels, Date TBC

Newbidge V Terenure Tuesday 25th KO 3pm
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Junior Cup draw continued... Clongowes V Belvedere Wednesday 26th KO 3pm, Blackrock V CUS, Date TBC #LeinsterSchools
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:Junior Cup draw continued... Clongowes V Belvedere Wednesday 26th KO 3pm, Blackrock V CUS, Date TBC #LeinsterSchools
Owtsch!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

johng wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Junior Cup draw continued... Clongowes V Belvedere Wednesday 26th KO 3pm, Blackrock V CUS, Date TBC #LeinsterSchools
Owtsch!
Piece of piss. No trouble to the lads.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Apparently Rock beat Michaels 16-6 today in the Senior Cup.
Four Stars
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Lar wrote:Apparently Rock beat Michaels 16-6 today in the Senior Cup.
Not a great match, tough conditions but have to say I was not as impressed with Rock as much as I thought I would be. Michaels could/should have beaten them or run them a lot closer. Michaels only ran 2 decent back moves in the whole game both were some what dubiosly called back as obstruction or crossing but very contentious and both were almost certainly going to lead to tries for Michaels. For me a better coached backline will do damage against Rock. Don't think either team was at their best but do think Michaels were not as clever as they could have been they tried to run everything when they did kick they kicked very poorly. Rock on the other hand kicked for position, played the elements and kept the ball in the Michaeals half. Rock not the certainty I previously thought they were.
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

Armchair wrote:
Not a great match, tough conditions but have to say I was not as impressed with Rock as much as I thought I would be. Michaels could/should have beaten them or run them a lot closer. Michaels only ran 2 decent back moves in the whole game both were some what dubiosly called back as obstruction or crossing but very contentious and both were almost certainly going to lead to tries for Michaels. For me a better coached backline will do damage against Rock. Don't think either team was at their best but do think Michaels were not as clever as they could have been they tried to run everything when they did kick they kicked very poorly. Rock on the other hand kicked for position, played the elements and kept the ball in the Michaeals half. Rock not the certainty I previously thought they were.
Yes Michaels could have beaten them and were not as clever as they should have been but is there any team(s) left with a pack to deal with Blackrocks? Im not sure
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

ormond lad wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Yes Michaels could have beaten them and were not as clever as they should have been but is there any team(s) left with a pack to deal with Blackrocks? Im not sure
Yeah their pack is impressive
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

when is the next round of matches in the seniors pls? what days/dates? thanks
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

denzel wrote:when is the next round of matches in the seniors pls? what days/dates? thanks
All info on games etc is on leinster website...
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/home.php
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Todays scores:

Gonzaga 3 St Andrews 47
St Marys 10 Newbridge 17

Semi Finalists - Clongowes, Blackrock, St Andrews and Newbridge. Guessing they will all want to draw St Andrews (apart from Andrews who are probably just happy to have got this far).
Four Stars