All Ireland League - Thread

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Leoslovechild
Mullet

Re: All Ireland League - Thread

Post by Leoslovechild »

bamboozle wrote:
the general wrote:Mary's lost to Young Munster when Brent Pope was sent off.

Mary's beat Lansdowne in the League final the year that they finally won it.
the YM Marys match was back in '93 i think, nearly filled lansdowne, Marys won league in 2000 - Pope coached them to that title.
Tarf really looking to pull in the crowd for the Marys game.Was in the programme/match note that it will be a tenner for 2 adults and as many kids as you like for the Marys game...Damn good value for such a big game
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Whats the capacity in Castle Ave. Would it take 5k?
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

bgmusic wrote:Whats the capacity in Castle Ave. Would it take 5k?
i'd say a realistic crowd would be 1500-3000, doubt 5000 would fit in.

given the Leinster kick off in aviva is late evening i'd expect to see the Clontarf lads on the leinster team at castle avenue & probably Sexton, he's often to be seen watching Marys.
Prematch lunch has been sold out for weeks, there'd be 250-300 at that alone.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

bamboozle wrote:
bgmusic wrote:Whats the capacity in Castle Ave. Would it take 5k?
i'd say a realistic crowd would be 1500-3000, doubt 5000 would fit in.

given the Leinster kick off in aviva is late evening i'd expect to see the Clontarf lads on the leinster team at castle avenue & probably Sexton, he's often to be seen watching Marys.
Prematch lunch has been sold out for weeks, there'd be 250-300 at that alone.
Could fit 3000 easily and more if you filled all around the sides 10 deep!!!
Leinster are playing the previous night in RDS not the Aviva so Yep probably will be a few of the lads there
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just in case people didn't notice the kick-off time for the Marys-Tarf match has been moved up to 1.15 as RTE2 are showing live coverage.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Donny B. wrote:Just in case people didn't notice the kick-off time for the Marys-Tarf match has been moved up to 1.15 as RTE2 are showing live coverage.
I noticed that at the ground over the weekend..and they are calling the All Ireland League Semi Final...........
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Leoslovechild wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Just in case people didn't notice the kick-off time for the Marys-Tarf match has been moved up to 1.15 as RTE2 are showing live coverage.
I noticed that at the ground over the weekend..and they are calling the All Ireland League Semi Final...........
bound to come back and haunt them...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Leoslovechild wrote:
Final would be closer to the truth in fairness
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Donny B. wrote:
Leoslovechild wrote:
Final would be closer to the truth in fairness
yeah, its a winner takes all match, no doubt about that, if Clontarf win and deny Marys a losing BP the league is ours as the points difference is huge. Marys are an excellent team and it will take a huge performance from Clontarf to beat them.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Final would be closer to the truth in fairness[/quote]

yeah, its a winner takes all match, no doubt about that, if Clontarf win and deny Marys a losing BP the league is ours as the points difference is huge. Marys are an excellent team and it will take a huge performance from Clontarf to beat them.[/quote]

and I fully expect we will put in that huge performance ...If Aaron Dundon's performanec last Friday for the A's was anything to go by and he is fit we should be in good shape
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Leoslovechild wrote:Final would be closer to the truth in fairness
yeah, its a winner takes all match, no doubt about that, if Clontarf win and deny Marys a losing BP the league is ours as the points difference is huge. Marys are an excellent team and it will take a huge performance from Clontarf to beat them.[/quote]

and I fully expect we will put in that huge performance ...If Aaron Dundon's performanec last Friday for the A's was anything to go by and he is fit we should be in good shape[/quote]

both Dundon and Crawford have been named in the starting team. huge boost for Clontarf, for all the deserved recognition Barry O'Mahoney gets, Crawford has a huge Ferris-like impact on games with his hits and carries.

Tarf's pack really need to dominate Marys, if Marys get parity up front their backs (especially Hudson) will be very dangerous.
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

How do people think the AIL standard is going this year. Limiting 2 players contracted to a province doesn't seem to have hurt Marys and Tarf but Shannon and Cork Con look to have underperformed, is it connected?
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

StrangeButBlue wrote:How do people think the AIL standard is going this year. Limiting 2 players contracted to a province doesn't seem to have hurt Marys and Tarf but Shannon and Cork Con look to have underperformed, is it connected?
Shannon was pretty shite last year too but it's definitely hurt Con who were effectively a Munster 'A' side last season.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Great win for Marys today. Hopefully they can finish it off against Munsters next weekend.
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

As a matter of interest do all AIL players get paid by their clubs or just some?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

cwebber82 wrote:As a matter of interest do all AIL players get paid by their clubs or just some?
Think it depends on the club. They don't advertise it but I've heard of players at certain clubs getting between 300-500 euro per match. It's hard to know what to believe though.
Jackal
Bookworm

Post by Jackal »

Donny B. wrote:
cwebber82 wrote:As a matter of interest do all AIL players get paid by their clubs or just some?
Think it depends on the club. They don't advertise it but I've heard of players at certain clubs getting between 300-500 euro per match. It's hard to know what to believe though.
Yeah depends on club. Also heard of seveal clubs paying players in the region mentioned here. Know a couple of clubs have done it for sure In last season but I think it is not as bad as it used to be. All the reports in the last few weeks of clubs being broke heave probably stopped a lot of that
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

A lad I work with plays for Bective and claims he gets paid by the club. He won't tell me how much. Should I believe him?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

cwebber82 wrote:A lad I work with plays for Bective and claims he gets paid by the club. He won't tell me how much. Should I believe him?
If he's playing AIL for them, it's probably true that he gets a match fee. Would generally be in the region of 100 to 500 euro. An average would be about 200 I'd with some of the better or overseas players pulling in more.

Fergus Slattery is leading a lobby to return the AIL to full amateur status
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

In the spirit of this weekend....

http://www.rte.ie//sport/player/816/317536/
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on