Parking near donnybrook?

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Skinfull
Mullet

Parking near donnybrook?

Post by Skinfull »

I'm taking a couple of nephews to the game on friday but it will be a flying visit. Dont fancy waiting round for the number 10.
Anyone know of a good spot for parking near the stadium?

Also... driving from the Hermitage clinic to Donnybrook... would I be better going in through town at that time of the evening on a friday? Or hit the M50 > longmile rd > Crumlin > Harold's cross > Donnybrook?
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Amz
Mullet

Re: Parking near donnybrook?

Post by Amz »

You could chance the canal as far as Leeson Street and turn down by the Burlington, but it could be very heavy at that hour.
Alternatively go M50 > Templeogue, Terenure, Rathgar, Rathmines, Ranelagh > Beaver Row and out at the bus garage into Donnybrook. I'm usually coming from Leixlip and those are the routes I'd take to get to that neck of the woods.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Save yorself about 20 mins AMZ and take the right fork at the church in Rathgar.

Right at the bottom of that road and you are straight on all the way to Donnybrook.
Past the Dropping Well and under the 9 arches.

For a small game like this I would park on Eglington rd, but if you must go to Beaver Row, you can turn right over the bridge in Milltown, (after the 9 arches) keep left through the housing estate, and you come out at the top of Beaver Row.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Skinfull wrote:I'm taking a couple of nephews to the game on friday but it will be a flying visit. Dont fancy waiting round for the number 10.

Also... driving from the Hermitage clinic to Donnybrook... would I be better going in through town at that time of the evening on a friday? Or hit the M50 > longmile rd > Crumlin > Harold's cross > Donnybrook?

Mate, You best bet from Hermitage is M50 to Dundrum exit, Down to Dundrum Town Centre, take the slip down the Dundrum bypass, across the main junction, down the Dundrum road, through Miltown all the way down the the junction with Eglinton road. Here you go straight down Eglinton Road to the main junction and left into Donnybrook or go right and park down on Anglesea road outside Belvo or pay the scheckles to park in Belvo.

Alternatively when you get to the junction at the top of Eglinton Road after coming through Miltown, you could go left onto the Sandford road and go immediately right (just before the Esso) down Belmont avenue and you come out beside Madigan's Pub/O'Connell's restaurant (as it is now) onto Morehampton Road turn right into Donnybrook.

Don't bother your balls going through down or down the Canal. Traffic will be f%~king mental either of those ways.

Best bet for Parking is Anglesea Road
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Darce wrote: Mate, You best bet from Hermitage is M50 to Dundrum exit,
Mate, By the time you get to Dundrum town Centre, I would be in Donnybrook. Trust me.
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

Park on Ailesbury, the Ticket machine near the church might even be broken!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

johng wrote:
Mate, By the time you get to Dundrum town Centre, I would be in Donnybrook. Trust me.

Going through town or the Canal? You would in your balls
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Darce wrote:
johng wrote:

Going through town or the Canal? You would in your balls
Of course not. You must not have read my post.
If you leave the M50 at Tallaght, and go straight down through 'logue, nure, and right in Rathgar, you will get to Donnybrook before the other guy gets to Dundrum village.

Believe me. I have lived in D6 for almost half a century. and I work in D12. That is my route in and out of work every day (as far as 'nure anyway) for the past 12 years. And for 10 before that to my mother in Law's house.

By going to Dundrum you spend an extra 10 mins (and probably 10k extra distance) on the Motorway and end up not much nearer Donnybrook than you are in Tempelogue.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Parking won't be an issue if you're coming from the north side of the ground. You could park anywhere from Waterloo road/ Wellington Road/ Clyde. Indeed if you wind your way through it you'd get as far as St. Brendan Road, just off Morhampton Rd. You may have to pay parking up till 18:30 or 19:00 depending on the road.

You'd be 4-5 mins walk away from the ground.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

johng wrote:Of course not. You must not have read my post.
If you leave the M50 at Tallaght, and go straight down through 'logue, nure, and right in Rathgar, you will get to Donnybrook before the other guy gets to Dundrum village.

Believe me. I have lived in D6 for almost half a century. and I work in D12. That is my route in and out of work every day (as far as 'nure anyway) for the past 12 years. And for 10 before that to my mother in Law's house.

By going to Dundrum you spend an extra 10 mins (and probably 10k extra distance) on the Motorway and end up not much nearer Donnybrook than you are in Tempelogue.
But getting past Rathdown Motors is no laughing matter. I live in Tallaght and I used to go that way and I know the craic.

I agree it's longer, but there's less congestion
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Darce wrote:
johng wrote:Of course not. You must not have read my post.

But getting past Rathdown Motors is no laughing matter. I live in Tallaght and I used to go that way and I know the craic.

I agree it's longer, but there's less congestion
There is a little short cut round by bushy park if the traffic is heavy, comes out at tramway house in Dartry. But I fear we are getting bogged down now and will lose everyone else in this discussion. :)

Sorry for starting it, as we were both only trying to help others.
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Skinfull wrote:I'm taking a couple of nephews to the game on friday but it will be a flying visit. Dont fancy waiting round for the number 10.
Just as well you are driving!
Could have been a long wait otherwise
The last number 10 ran about 2 years ago
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Ah! That makes so much sense! :oops:

(I hadn't noticed).

Wondered why none ever seemed to pass me any more when I was waiting for the bus to Donnybrook.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Well I meant the 46A :)

Nevermind, I found the route Johng pointed out and it was brilliant. less than 20 min drive, and got parking just by the spar at the stadium. Thanks guys, really helped.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Skinfull wrote:Well I meant the 46A :)

Nevermind, I found the route Johng pointed out and it was brilliant. less than 20 min drive, and got parking just by the spar at the stadium. Thanks guys, really helped.

I must try that route in future. I usually head out to the M50 exit at Leopardstown and then head down Brewery Road and then down the N11. Takes about 30mins max from Lucan to Donnybrook.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!