Some team you're not familiar with is looking for a game...

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Some team you're not familiar with is looking for a game

Post by Sea_point »

toffblue wrote:
Sea_point wrote:If it's such a big deal why not contact the club instead of whinging on a forum, I'm sure they'll happily clarify -
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/seapointr ... tact-form/ or Tel: +353 1 285 4112
As far as I can see he's giving a heads up to those of us involved in Domestic Rugby in Leinster. Fair Play I say because it is a big deal as others have outlined.....and a little of get back in your box Sea_point. I'm sure you wouldn't like it to happen to you.
What a complete load of cr@p, Mary's like many other Senior Dublin clubs over the years regularly dropped players down teams depending on the stage of the season and the prospect of silverware. They had no interest in fair play, only winning silver ware and a lot of that stemmed from a schools rugby background where winning was the only thing.

You'd play one thirds team early on in the season and when it got to the cup suddenly it was a completely different side. Seapoint were on the recieving end plenty over the years when I played there, and I'm damn sure they and loads of other junior clubs have a lot more recently too.

Eejits like you coming on to a forum simply mud slinging, because if you were really concerned with stopping what was probably a genuine miusnderstanding between two teams then you would talk to the fixtures secretary at the club rather than coming onto the internet with you buddies and slagging off said club....

Grow the feck up, and take your beating and move on...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sea_point wrote:
toffblue wrote:
Sea_point wrote:If it's such a big deal why not contact the club instead of whinging on a forum, I'm sure they'll happily clarify -
As far as I can see he's giving a heads up to those of us involved in Domestic Rugby in Leinster. Fair Play I say because it is a big deal as others have outlined.....and a little of get back in your box Sea_point. I'm sure you wouldn't like it to happen to you.
What a complete load of cr@p, Mary's like many other Senior Dublin clubs over the years regularly dropped players down teams depending on the stage of the season and the prospect of silverware. They had no interest in fair play, only winning silver ware and a lot of that stemmed from a schools rugby background where winning was the only thing.

You'd play one thirds team early on in the season and when it got to the cup suddenly it was a completely different side. Seapoint were on the recieving end plenty over the years when I played there, and I'm damn sure they and loads of other junior clubs have a lot more recently too.

Eejits like you coming on to a forum simply mud slinging, because if you were really concerned with stopping what was probably a genuine miusnderstanding between two teams then you would talk to the fixtures secretary at the club rather than coming onto the internet with you buddies and slagging off said club....

Two wrongs make a right....the world according to sea point.

Wind your neck in, Chief...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Darce wrote:
Sea_point wrote:
toffblue wrote:(quote="Sea_point")If it's such a big deal why not contact the club instead of whinging on a forum, I'm sure they'll happily clarify -

Two wrongs make a right....the world according to sea point.

Wind your neck in, Chief...
I didn't say that Darce, I was simply pointing out the irony of their comments given the frequency that some senior clubs loaded their lower sides in Cup competitions over the years. Which is actually fact rather than speculation.

What I also said was to contact the club first (Fixture Secretary) to discuss before going to the first forum (or two in this case (PR also ) ) and shouting the odds about the club, which is worse form than a misunsderstanding of team strength between clubs XV's in a friendly XV...

And I certainly wasn't the one coming on here shouting the odds after taking a beating in a rugby match. Misatches are always likely to happen in friendlies, but sometimes in rugby you just have to man up and take a beating by better opponents...

I learned a lot more by playing clubs XV's a grade or two higher than playing opponents from the same level al the time...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

No, you quite clearly tried to justify the actions of your club by saying, "Oh Mary's and other clubs do it in cups" and then capped it all off with a dollop of arrogance by telling Fester to take his beating and move on. You can dress it up however you want but this is precisely what you're doing.

Also, bit of difference in loading a team for a competitive fixture and loading a team for a friendly...

And mismatches are not "always likely" to happen in Friendlies if clubs are upfront about the standard the team is at.

Throw away the shovel, s_p
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Darce wrote:No, you quite clearly tried to justify the actions of your club by saying, "Oh Mary's and other clubs do it in cups" and then capped it all off with a dollop of arrogance by telling Fester to take his beating and move on. You can dress it up however you want but this is precisely what you're doing.
No I cleary didn't, try learning to read Darce.

At no point in my posts did I say it was alright for a club to deliberately mislead their opponents into putting out a weakened team. Show me where you believe I did.

I already cleary explained where I was coming from in terms of my reference to sharp practice by senior clubs. Musrt have been a little too close to the knuckle for you?

A little practice with comprehension would go a long way.... :roll:
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Sea_point wrote:
Darce wrote:No, you quite clearly tried to justify the actions of your club by saying, "Oh Mary's and other clubs do it in cups" and then capped it all off with a dollop of arrogance by telling Fester to take his beating and move on. You can dress it up however you want but this is precisely what you're doing.
No I cleary didn't, try learning to read Darce.

At no point in my posts did I say it was alright for a club to deliberately mislead their opponents into putting out a weakened team. Show me where you believe I did.

I already cleary explained where I was coming from in terms of my reference to sharp practice by senior clubs. Musrt have been a little too close to the knuckle for you?

A little practice with comprehension would go a long way.... :roll:
I said you're trying to justify it, S_P.

Perhaps, you need to learn how to read
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
uncle fester
Beginner

Post by uncle fester »

Sea_point wrote:At no point in my posts did I say it was alright for a club to deliberately mislead their opponents into putting out a weakened team. Show me where you believe I did.
But you did refuse to address that point and attempted to gloss over it by referring to competitive fixtures, which bear no relation whatsoever to friendly fixtures where your club specifically requested to play against the weakest team we could field.

Just accept that your club's behaviour here was poor.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

uncle fester wrote:
Sea_point wrote:At no point in my posts did I say it was alright for a club to deliberately mislead their opponents into putting out a weakened team. Show me where you believe I did.
But you did refuse to address that point and attempted to gloss over it by referring to competitive fixtures, which bear no relation whatsoever to friendly fixtures where your club specifically requested to play against the weakest team we could field.

Just accept that your club's behaviour here was poor.
Was clearly adressed, perhaps the shock of losing a match to Seapoint has affected your memory... :wink:
Sea_point wrote: Wasn't one of Seapoint's regualr three sides, so most likely a scratch side of their own.

The way things usually went back in my day they'll get ten players eager to play who aren't getting into the league sides and they'll scratch in a few at the last minute not knowing who they'll get. Sometimes they'll be decent players, more often than not they couldn't catch a cold. But it's very unlike Seapoint to stiff clubs like that.

I've played league and friendly games where I been on teams who've had 90 points put on them and put 90 point on others and the only difference was a one or two decent backs for one side..

If it's such a big deal why not contact the club instead of whinging on a forum, I'm sure they'll happily clarify -
toffblue
Bookworm

Post by toffblue »

Sea_point wrote:
toffblue wrote:

Grow the feck up, and take your beating and move on...[/quote]

I had nothing to do with said fixture. And btw your some man to be accusing me of mudslinging.
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq