Towns Cup

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Towns Cup

Post by Dave Cahill »

I'll be watching, I love Towns Cup games
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:I'll be watching, I love Towns Cup games
It was a really good game with decent coverage. I thought Wicklow deserved it as they played more rugby. The Wicklow 12 was MOM, someone told me that he's from Clane and that he was a prop before converting to center.

Some season for Enniscorthy and it's not hard to cheer for them when you see a great rugby man like Spud Murphy on the line.
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Yes was a good game, Wicklow played very well. Left some chances behind in the first half and possibly played bit too much rugby in there own half in the second half. Wicklow 12 was great, I thought their 7 was MOM myself. Still scratching my head on the scrum penalty awarded to Enniscorthy towards the end of the game!

well done to Enniscorthy great season for them
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

flustered wrote:Yes was a good game, Wicklow played very well. Left some chances behind in the first half and possibly played bit too much rugby in there own half in the second half. Wicklow 12 was great, I thought their 7 was MOM myself. Still scratching my head on the scrum penalty awarded to Enniscorthy towards the end of the game!

That's Clive for you. He did a good job but that was a daft call, clear Wicklow penalty as they were driving straight and then Scorthy wheeled under pressure.
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Yeah was a bit of disbelief around the ground with that decision! He wasn't too bad other than that.

Think it is one that got away for Wicklow
Uncle Monty
Beginner

Post by Uncle Monty »

flustered wrote:Yes was a good game, Wicklow played very well. Left some chances behind in the first half and possibly played bit too much rugby in there own half in the second half. Wicklow 12 was great, I thought their 7 was MOM myself. Still scratching my head on the scrum penalty awarded to Enniscorthy towards the end of the game!

The Wicklow 7 was Luke Gersekowski, former captain of the Australian Schools U18s. A real young talent, but unfortunately heading back home now.
Alas I have little more than vintage wine and memories.....
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Uncle Monty wrote:

The Wicklow 7 was Luke Gersekowski, former captain of the Australian Schools U18s. A real young talent, but unfortunately heading back home now.
Jesus, Wickla must be a lovely place that all these lads suddenly want to play there.