Towns Cup

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

So folks its Towns Cup weekend coming up. Just to get the ball rolling here are my predictions for the weekend.
Some fairly predictable ones but its cup rugby and there are always a couple of surprises.

Cill Dara vs Clane Home Win
Arklow vs Rathdrum Home Win
Ashbourne vs Naas Home Win
Clondalkin vs Co Carlow Away Win
Kilkenny vs Skerries Away Win
Longford vs Athy Home Win
Mullingar vs New Ross Away Win
Newbridge vs Roscrea Home Win
North Kildare vs WOffaly Lions Home WIn
Portarlington vs Wexford Home Win
Portlaoise vs Enniscorthy Away Win
Tullamore vs Navan Home Win
Tullow vs Edenderry Home Win
Wicklow vs Gorey Home Win

Theboss
Learner
Posts: 78
Joined: January 18th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by Theboss »

rugbymadman wrote:So folks its Towns Cup weekend coming up. Just to get the ball rolling here are my predictions for the weekend.
Some fairly predictable ones but its cup rugby and there are always a couple of surprises.

Cill Dara vs Clane Home Win
Arklow vs Rathdrum Home Win
Ashbourne vs Naas Home Win
Clondalkin vs Co Carlow Away Win
Kilkenny vs Skerries Away Win
Longford vs Athy Home Win
Mullingar vs New Ross Away Win
Newbridge vs Roscrea Home Win
North Kildare vs WOffaly Lions Home WIn
Portarlington vs Wexford Home Win
Portlaoise vs Enniscorthy Away Win
Tullamore vs Navan Home Win
Tullow vs Edenderry Home Win
Wicklow vs Gorey Home Win
I wouldn't change any except North Kildare, I know WOL have not been good this season, but they're not division 3 standard either.

User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 22878
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: Towns Cup

Post by Dave Cahill »

Tullow beat Edenderry 29-3
I have Bumbleflex

User avatar
the spoofer
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2601
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 5:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Towns Cup

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:Tullow beat Edenderry 29-3
Longford beat Athy 23 6

User avatar
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm
Posts: 206
Joined: August 14th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: Kildare

Re: Towns Cup

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Towns Cup R1
Arklow 12 0 Rathdrum
Ashbourne 34 0 Naas
Cill Dara 41 8 Clane
Clondalkin 6 20 Co Carlow
Kilkenny 5 10 Skerries
Longford 23 6 Athy
Mullingar 10 3 New RosS
Newbridge 41 7 Roscrea
North Kildare 20 21 West Offaly Lions
Portarlington 29 3 Wexford Wanderers
Portlaoise 22 13 Enniscorthy
Tullamore 28 24 Navan
Tullow 31 6 Edenderry
Wicklow 36 14 Gorey

Towns Cup R2 March 20th
Ashbourne v Tullamore
Boyne v West Offaly Lions
Co Carlow v Portarlington
Dundalk v Cill Dara
Mullingar v Wicklow
Newbridge v Arklow
Skerries v Portlaoise
Tullow v Longford
Cubs fan, Bud man.

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

Theboss wrote: I wouldn't change any except North Kildare, I know WOL have not been good this season, but they're not division 3 standard either.
Turned out that it was tight enough - 1 point win for WOL.

Some big games in the next round.

therefisalwaysright
Posts: 4
Joined: January 9th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by therefisalwaysright »

Towns Cup R2 March 20th
Ashbourne v Tullamore(Tullamore pack will win this one 15pts)
Boyne v West Offaly Lions(Boyne to put at least 50pts)
Co Carlow v Portarlington (Carlow by 7pts)
Dundalk v Cill Dara (Dundalk but just, a score in it)
Mullingar v Wicklow (Wicklow easy enough)
Newbridge v Arklow (Newbridge easy enough)
Skerries v Portlaoise (Dog Fight!!!! Skerries by a score)
Tullow v Longford (Tough call but home win by 10pts)

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

Towns Cup R2 March 20th
Ashbourne v Tullamore - Tullamore by 10
Boyne v West Offaly Lions - Boyne by 30
Co Carlow v Portarlington - Carlow to shade it in a tough one (2 coaches who know their opposition very well)
Dundalk v Cill Dara - Dundalk to win at home
Mullingar v Wicklow - Wicklow
Newbridge v Arklow - Newbridge
Skerries v Portlaoise - Portlaoise to pull off a shock
Tullow v Longford - Tullow by 5

r e seeding
Learner
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by r e seeding »

Towns Cup R2 March 20th
Ashbourne v Tullamore - Tullamore by 20
Boyne v West Offaly Lions - Boyne by alot
Co Carlow v Portarlington - Carlow
Dundalk v Cill Dara - Cill Dara to win
Mullingar v Wicklow - Mullingar
Newbridge v Arklow - Newbridge
Skerries v Portlaoise -Skerries
Tullow v Longford - Longford (or draw )

r e seeding
Learner
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by r e seeding »

Can anybody tell me how you can get a team into the 2nd town cup with out have one in the 1st towns cup

Fair enough i can see how a developing team or a new team should be allowed to do it but come on !!!!


Dundalk wtf
Clane wft
Balbriggan ok
Birr ok
IT Carlow ok
Cill Dara wtf
Swords ok
Boyne wtf
North Meath ok
Midland Warriors wtf

in all fairness dundalk and boyne top of div 1could play some of the smaller clubs ???

FAIR ???

rugby678
Learner
Posts: 66
Joined: May 15th, 2008, 7:29 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugby678 »

r e seeding wrote:Can anybody tell me how you can get a team into the 2nd town cup with out have one in the 1st towns cup

Fair enough i can see how a developing team or a new team should be allowed to do it but come on !!!!


Dundalk wtf
Clane wft
Balbriggan ok
Birr ok
IT Carlow ok
Cill Dara wtf
Swords ok
Boyne wtf
North Meath ok
Midland Warriors wtf

in all fairness dundalk and boyne top of div 1could play some of the smaller clubs ???

FAIR ???
Its the 2nd team from the likes of Boyne or Dundalk that play in the 2nds Cup, and they're 1sts and the 1sts of the majority of provincal clubs play Towns Cup. teams like Birr and Balbriggan are J2 clubs so they're 1sts play in 2nds cup same as the likes of Ardee and Athboy 1st teams play thirds cup because they are J3 teams,

There's a cup for every side that wants to play in one

r e seeding
Learner
Posts: 72
Joined: November 10th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by r e seeding »

so what cup are clane and dundalks etc playing in this year ?

Dublinner
Bookworm
Posts: 211
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by Dublinner »

r e seeding wrote:so what cup are clane and dundalks etc playing in this year ?
Clanes firsts lost in the Towns cup first round to Cill Dara. Clanes seconds lost in the seconds cup to Wicklow. Dundalk firsts got a bye in the first round of the towns cup,their seconds beat Athy in the first round of the seconds cup.

white
Bookworm
Posts: 116
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by white »

r e seeding wrote:Can anybody tell me how you can get a team into the 2nd town cup with out have one in the 1st towns cup

Fair enough i can see how a developing team or a new team should be allowed to do it but come on !!!!


Dundalk wtf
Clane wft
Balbriggan ok
Birr ok
IT Carlow ok
Cill Dara wtf
Swords ok
Boyne wtf
North Meath ok
Midland Warriors wtf

in all fairness dundalk and boyne top of div 1could play some of the smaller clubs ???

FAIR ???
Can anybody explain to me what this posting is about, I am lost and this makes absolutley no sense? What are you trying to say?

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

I think R e seeding got a little confused and thought that the firsts from Dundalk, Boyne etc were playing in the 2nds cup. He seems to have missed out on some of the clubs when he looked at the teams in the towns cup (about half of them).

Theboss
Learner
Posts: 78
Joined: January 18th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by Theboss »

rugbymadman wrote:I think R e seeding got a little confused and thought that the firsts from Dundalk, Boyne etc were playing in the 2nds cup. He seems to have missed out on some of the clubs when he looked at the teams in the towns cup (about half of them).
He probably looked at the fixtures and didn't see some of the Bye's.

Mongboy
Beginner
Posts: 11
Joined: January 19th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by Mongboy »

Anyone got an idea on when the round 3 matches will be played? Or has this even been decided yet?

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

They are on the 20th of March AFAIK

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

Anyone know where the draw will be held for the next round. Are they still held in one of the clubhouses after this weekends games?

rugbymadman
Learner
Posts: 54
Joined: April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 pm

Re: Towns Cup

Post by rugbymadman »

rugbymadman wrote:Towns Cup R2 March 20th

Skerries v Portlaoise - Portlaoise to pull off a shock
I wasn't too far off with my portlaoise shock theory! Beaten by a try in injury time.

Post Reply