Schools Rugby 2010/11 - SCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Schools Rugby 2010/11 - SCT

Post by johng »

Slipper1 wrote: Wow you are really old.
Thanks mate.

I was very young when I was born though, and in fairness only about 13 when the incident happened.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

johng wrote:
Slipper1 wrote: Wow you are really old.
Thanks mate.

I was very young when I was born though, and in fairness only about 13 when the incident happened.
Ok not so old so.
Get in the f%~king bag.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

johng wrote:
silly punt wrote:
johng wrote:Does that mean that Cormac and Leinsterman are from CBC?

I wonder were either of them the owner of the arse I broke my collarbone on? :)
What year did you break your arm?????
Never. I broke my collarbone though, I would say about oooh 1976 perhaps 77.

Funny story really. I might put it up when I have a minute.
Strange - I did my collarbone playing CBC as well - about '83 I think
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

We played CBC 2 weeks in a row. Week 1 was away. The big guy on their team, got the big guy on our team (Me, I was an early developer, people caught up by JCT) on the bottom of a ruck with a nice elbow to the eye.
They took me off for possible concussion.

I was fine the next week for the home game, but had a major grudge to settle.

We got about 15 min into the game, (my frustration had grown massively because I had no opportunity to get my hands on him by then) when he took a tap penalty and backed towards us to let the forwards form a maul around him.

Which was a popular tactic back then.

I was presented with a big white arse (no not in that way) and 10 yards to run fast at it. Aiming for a massive (but legal) hit.

Got one in too, and he flew several yards down the field and landed on his snot clutching his arse in pain.

What I had of course not taken into account, was that a big white arse has plenty of padding, your shoulder is a little more exposed.

There was a massive crack (no none of the 3 types of crack you are thinking of, but an audible one)
which could allegedly be heard on the far touchline.

I stood up and one shoulder was about 3" lower than the other.

I saw the x ray. There was a little bit of collarbone attached to the shoulder, a little bit attached to the chest bone, and 2 bits floating around in the middle.

Result: 13 months of no Rugby and having my shoulders strapped back to try and hold it in position.

You can't put a cast on a collarbone.

Never healed right but there you go.

Hasn't troubled me over the years thankfully.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Post of the year there! Is anyone else hoping that said "big white arse" man is also a forumer??
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Post of the year there! Is anyone else hoping that said "big white arse" man is also a forumer??
Initials CC.
I never knew him, but very briefly ended up in the same college a few years later. Unusual 2nd name.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

First Round
St.Michaels 36-8 Belvo. 2 tries from ireland schools captain and scrum half luke mcgrath. ireland schools flanker dan leavy looks like a serious player too
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

true blue 06 wrote:First Round
St.Michaels 36-8 Belvo. 2 tries from ireland schools captain and scrum half luke mcgrath. ireland schools flanker dan leavy looks like a serious player too
Ouch!
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

Exile wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:First Round
Ouch!
Apparently Belvo had a lot of injuries to their first team players. Still an excellent result for Michaels.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Michaels 6,9,12,13 all stood out for me. The Belvo pack were up to the task, but the backline was too small and missed too many tackles.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

St.marys very lucky to beat Kilkenny today 7/6.kilkenny were 6/0 up at half time from two excellent penalties from their out half,Marys came back with a converted try following a great run by out half Hugh Mc Donnell,but then kilkenny had several moves near the marys line including a touch down that the ref failed to spot. After that Marys played out time with the forwards keeping the ball tight. On this evidence,Michaels must be favourites to win on Feb.10.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Clongowes beat Pres Bray 23-0. Don't know much about the match other than Clongowes were missing a prop and 8 through injury.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Rock 27 - Newbridge 8
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

How did CC Roscrea and Castleknock College go? Does anyone have the teams?
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Clongowes were too powerful for Bray and only poor Clongowes discipline kept Bray in it, the penalty count at h/t was 8-1. Conditions in the 1st half were awful, expect Clongowes to only improve from this, their 6 and 9 I thought stood out.
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

groundhog wrote:Clongowes were too powerful for Bray and only poor Clongowes discipline kept Bray in it, the penalty count at h/t was 8-1. Conditions in the 1st half were awful, expect Clongowes to only improve from this, their 6 and 9 I thought stood out.
6 is sick! He'll be togging out in blue before too long I reckon.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

Clongowes must be one of the biggest senior teams in history. It looked like men versus boys. I know that Pres Bray were missing 5 from their pack but in every single position they looked bigger.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

gleesonisgod wrote:
groundhog wrote:Clongowes were too powerful for Bray and only poor Clongowes discipline kept Bray in it, the penalty count at h/t was 8-1. Conditions in the 1st half were awful, expect Clongowes to only improve from this, their 6 and 9 I thought stood out.
6 is sick! He'll be togging out in blue before too long I reckon.
Was that Conor Gilsenan?
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Was at Rock-Newbridge today.

Newbridge did okay in the first half but didn't make enough of their opportunities. Rock class told in the end. Their backrow was excellent, especially their number eight who is a flyer. Newbridge out-half looked good as well.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

CUS, saving themselves for a complete all out assault on next years SCT let St. Gerards win 18-13, yesterday.
Get in the f%~king bag.